Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Call forwarding is not working properly (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3603)

rybshik 12-12-2008 07:41 AM

Call forwarding is not working properly

as of time of writing this message. Instead of being forwarded according to my 'Call forwarding" settings, my incoming sip calls go to my voxalot voicemail. Possibly, due to the us.voxalot.com server failing to change/update my "Call forwarding" settings.

I have my IPkall DID routed to my_voxalot_ID@us.voxalot.com. And, subsequently, it is set to be call-forwarded to a landline number.

Everything worked well in the past.

Ron 12-12-2008 07:52 AM

I can't determine whether there was a temporary outage or other problem recently, but I'm registered with us.voxalot.com and it's working fine here at the moment.

Ron 12-12-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rybshik (Post 20355)
I have my IPkall DID routed to my_voxalot_ID@us.voxalot.com. And, subsequently, it is set to be call-forwarded to a landline number.

I haven't used IPKall in quite a while, but it used to be very slow (up to 60 minutes?) for any changes there to take effect.

rybshik 12-12-2008 07:58 AM

The problem is still there.

At the same time, I can use web-callback without any problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 20357)
I haven't used IPKall in quite a while, but it used to be very slow (up to 60 minutes?) for any changes there to take effect.

I have not changed my IPkall settings. I only changed my voxalot settings in "Call forwarding". It looks like my changes do not "propagate" to voxalot internal workings. Particularly, 'Inbound rule".

My Inbound Rule seems to be working only if set to 'Any', but not working if set to 'contains' with a US number in the (XXX) XXX-XXXX format. If I put just a partial number XXX-XXXX (without the area code), it is not working, either.

rybshik 12-12-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 20359)
You don't want anything in the incoming pattern matching rule except digits.

I only have digits, i.e. 312xxxxxxx.

Very very strange. Can you change your Inbound Rule to something different and see if it works? And then change it back and see if it works, too? In other words, can my problem have anything to do with not (timely) updating the Inbound Rule settings?

Finally, Can you please look at my voxalot settings?

Ron 12-12-2008 08:40 AM

I was incorrect. I thought my forwarding rule was working, but in fact, it is not. I've now tried 'equals', 'contains', and 'ends with', but the rule never takes. It would appear that either the CallerID from IPKall is faulty or the Voxalot pattern matching is not working. I don't have the capability to look at what's being received from IPKall, so that's about all I do from here.

rybshik 12-12-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 20362)
It would appear that either the CallerID from IPKall is faulty or the Voxalot pattern matching is not working.

As I said before, it did work well in the past (I mean IPKall+Voxalot), so it is clearly temporary issue, most likely on the Voxalot side.

Ron 12-12-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rybshik (Post 20360)
In other words, can my problem have anything to do with not (timely) updating the Inbound Rule settings?

Finally, Can you please look at my voxalot settings?

As far as I know, Voxalot forwarding rule changes should take effect immediately.

I don't have the ability to look at any of your settings.

rybshik 12-12-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 20364)
As far as I know, Voxalot forwarding rule changes should take effect immediately.

I don't have the ability to look at any of your settings.

I have just used my Callcentric DID instead of the IPkall DID, the problem is still there. So, it is definitely on the Voxalot side.