Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Idea: Mini-WebCallBack for Netvibes/iGoogle (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1879)

lulucachoo 07-16-2007 05:25 PM

Idea: Mini-WebCallBack for Netvibes/iGoogle

Hi!

I'd love to be able to put WebCallBack on my netvibes page as a module and I thought that it might be easy to make a mini-version of it to fit in a module.

What do you reckon guys? :D

Voxalot rocks, by the way!

Tony 07-16-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulucachoo (Post 10467)
Hi!

I'd love to be able to put WebCallBack on my netvibes page as a module and I thought that it might be easy to make a mini-version of it to fit in a module.

What do you reckon guys? :D

Voxalot rocks, by the way!

Thanks, we think Voxalot, rocks a lot as well.

Check out Virtual Toll Free - perhaps this will meet your requirements, assuming you want people coming to your page to call you.

Tony.

lulucachoo 07-16-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 10475)
Thanks, we think Voxalot, rocks a lot as well.

Check out Virtual Toll Free - perhaps this will meet your requirements, assuming you want people coming to your page to call you.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I'd like to be able to make calls to other people from my homepage, but it's no big deal, just wondered if anyone else wanted it too. :)

foneboxx 07-16-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulucachoo (Post 10477)
Hi Tony,

I'd like to be able to make calls to other people from my homepage, but it's no big deal, just wondered if anyone else wanted it too. :)

Hi,
This is EXACTLY what i needed too :D

Tony 07-17-2007 01:41 AM

hmm... what you are looking for is a softphone option that can be embedded into a web page.

We have not built any thing like this nor do we have any plans. All I can suggest is you hunt around on the web for this sort of solution perhaps someone has built something like this. In fact I know Gizmo project is a flash based softphone that can be embedded into a web page.

Tony.

dc2007 07-17-2007 04:00 AM

i think what they are looking for and i find it nice also is a widget that we can able to place a call within like igoogle. so far only one did have such a thing and i think its phonegnome.

foneboxx 07-17-2007 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc2007 (Post 10516)
i think what they are looking for and i find it nice also is a widget that we can able to place a call within like igoogle. so far only one did have such a thing and i think its phonegnome.

Actually what we are talking about is something which let us initiate a call from a web page but that would make our phone ring first (which should have been registered so calling back our number is automatic), then ring the phone we could have entered in the WEBpage field.

In fact, that's a VirtualTollFree but with our phone registered and ringing from our ide first, so that there's no need to use web call back because web call back needs to be logged on to your account and after few minutes, it gets disconnected.

mimecine 07-24-2007 03:30 PM

To clear things up: This is about the WebCall feauture and ways to use it from within a iGoogle page.

The functionality exists for jajah (log in to your google-account, go to iGoogle, add gadget and search for jajah).

While hammering away on that feature, I would love to see a mobile version of that feauture as well. Voxalot is not what
I mean -- I really would love a jajah-like thing... if one could do a sms-initiated call as well with a simple protocol it would be fantastic...

The obstacles are in iGoogle's case that cookies works badly for authentication, so preferrably there should be a altrenative way to authenticate.

mimecine 07-24-2007 04:20 PM

Jajah did it like this:
The iGoogle gadget:
http://www.jajah.com/downloads/tools/JAJAH.xml
Which just loads an iframe of
JAJAH - web-activated telephony