Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   EU Server Down? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=986)

jonfry 02-05-2007 09:07 AM

EU Server Down?

I'm getting time-out errors whilst trying to connect to eu.voxalot.com.

Everything's been fine for most of the weekend then I noticed last night the error message on X-Lite's display. I've tried everything at my end with no difference.

I changed my login settings in X-Lite to voxalot.com from eu.voxalot.com and it registered straight away.

martin 02-05-2007 09:42 AM

Hello Jonfry,

There appear to be a couple of memory issues on the European server that we are currently working through.

The server is up and we are investigating the issues.

We will keep you informed.

Edit: Memory problems have now been resolved.

pelikano 02-05-2007 02:31 PM

Hi Martin,

Quote:

We will keep you informed.
This will same us as users a lot of time. Please inform us with a short email or a NEWS message on the main page.

This weekend I got my configuration fully functional: phone and fax, inbound and outbound. So I switched my configuration to the new situation and I was happy till this morning. The last check before I left home, the dial tone was beeping 5? times before the continuously tone but dialling and dial in still did work.

I tried to call my new Voxalot configuration several times from my office location but although the phone at home was ringing, I got an immediately disconnect. After a call back the quality of sound was poor and not as I was used to. So I decided to fall back to my former configuration.

martin 02-05-2007 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelikano (Post 5245)
Please inform us with a short email or a NEWS message on the main page.

We will try to keep you informed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Edit: As mentioned in my above post the memory problem has now been resolved. We will keep monitoring while we bed down this new server.

Thanks

jonfry 02-05-2007 02:43 PM

Thanks Martin, I'm now logged in to eu.voxalot.com with no problems.

martin 02-05-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonfry (Post 5248)
Thanks Martin, I'm now logged in to eu.voxalot.com with no problems.

Great thanks jonfry

pelikano 02-05-2007 08:58 PM

funny dial tone

I don't have much tim this week to switch again but sure will try it this weekend again. I still got short beeps when I expect a sigle tone. Is this the american way of a dial tone?

regards, Leon

martin 02-05-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelikano (Post 5258)
I don't have much tim this week to switch again but sure will try it this weekend again. I still got short beeps when I expect a sigle tone. Is this the american way of a dial tone?

regards, Leon

Hello Leon,

Our service does not play any tones it relies on your ATA / device to play your specific tones.

Are you expecting a single tone before or after you dial?

pelikano 02-06-2007 07:45 AM

WMI voice mail dial tone

Hi Martin,
thanks for this quick reply.
I expect a single tone before I dial, but as soon as I pick up the phone to dail it beeps 10 times before it comes with a single tone.
I will read the manual and let you know why the ATA(Sipura2100) beeps. Could it be a "message waiting" signal? I still did not delete all the voicemails yet.

Leon

Code:

ATA manual says: MWI Dial Tone1 This tone is played instead of <Dial Tone> when there are unheard messages in the
subscriber’s mail box.

I deleted all my messages and the normal dial tone was back again.

GrrRon 02-06-2007 04:09 PM

Yesterday I have had troubles with calling and today I could not get reached so I swithched over to US server and when the problems are over I will try the EU server again.

urick 02-06-2007 09:31 PM

My voipdiscount's first account (has been setup at voxalot before EU server launching) is OK with eu.voxalot.com. My new 2 accounts (the second of voipdiscount & sipnet.ru), that I set up yesterday, don't work with eu.voxalot.com. Wenn I changed to us.voxalot.com, all accounts (old and new ones) work properly

martin 02-06-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelikano (Post 5276)
Code:

ATA manual says: MWI Dial Tone1 This tone is played instead of <Dial Tone> when there are unheard messages in the
subscriber’s mail box.

I deleted all my messages and the normal dial tone was back again.

Great, thanks for sharing

martin 02-06-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urick (Post 5297)
My voipdiscount's first account (has been setup at voxalot before EU server launching) is OK with eu.voxalot.com. My new 2 accounts (the second of voipdiscount & sipnet.ru), that I set up yesterday, don't work with eu.voxalot.com. Wenn I changed to us.voxalot.com, all accounts (old and new ones) work properly

My advice to members to migrate servers is to:

1. Set SIP Register="No" for all providers. Then wait for 1 hour for your providers registry to clear.

Note If you do not have SIP Register="Yes" then you do not need to wait.

2. After one hour, change the preferred cluster field to "eu.voxalot.com"

3. Then set SIP Register back to "Yes" for the providers you wish to register.

I suspect the problem many of you are finding is that your provider is still caching your registration details for the U.S. proxies. Waiting for 1 hours will allow these cached entries to flush.