Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   From User. . . (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2112)

ataboy 08-15-2007 06:35 PM

From User. . .

Is anybody else experiencing that this field (in the Voice Service Providers section) no longer seems to work for Betamax companies? I only use Voipdiscount so that's wher I've noticed it.

I assume that it's a Betamax issue, not a Voxalot one, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has seen this.

ataboy

twen 08-17-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 11705)
Is anybody else experiencing that this field (in the Voice Service Providers section) no longer seems to work for Betamax companies?

I didn't experience any issues lately with sipdiscount.

twen

emoci 08-18-2007 03:08 AM

Well, I started using InternetCalls lately, I can't tell you if it was working before, but it is not working now....

Juste 08-18-2007 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 11705)
Is anybody else experiencing that this field (in the Voice Service Providers section) no longer seems to work for Betamax companies? I only use Voipdiscount so that's wher I've noticed it.

I assume that it's a Betamax issue, not a Voxalot one, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has seen this.

ataboy

It seems that you will have to have your number verified again from Voipdiscount software.

For some reason, mine had switched back to "No Caller ID". Now it works fine.

ataboy 08-18-2007 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juste (Post 11792)
It seems that you will have to have your number verified again from Voipdiscount software.

For some reason, mine had switched back to "No Caller ID". Now it works fine.

That's a distinct probability. Mine doesn't appear anonymous though, but sends my Voipdiscount CID. Unfortunately the Betamax clients that deal with this setting are Windows-based, and I'm a Mac user. I'll have to find a PC somewhere to check the settings.

ataboy

ataboy 08-19-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juste (Post 11792)

Thanks Juste, that did the trick! I hadn't realised that there was an expiry date on these validations. I can see the sense in it - people move, cancel numbers etc., but it would be nice if we got an email to warn us to renew.

ataboy

ataboy 08-20-2007 10:56 AM

To follow up on this thread, I have now verified all my numbers with Voipdiscount and to my pleasant surprise I find that the CID now works to BT lines (in the past I could only get it to do so to mobile networks).

Together with Voxalot this now makes a very powerful service for me. I can select my outgoing CID by means of Voxalot dialplans and be sure that it is accurate.

This might well be old news to others, but perhaps of use to those in the UK.

ataboy