Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Provider Feedback (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=70)

affinity 08-21-2006 05:41 AM

I now have a FreeCall account setup and it works fine for both legs without any additional setup requirements [unlike SIPME, but it is a very minor change to SIPME setup if required].

kendid 08-26-2006 05:37 PM

Fonosip does not work well. Rates are good, but with Voxalot, only 1 out of 15 calls are getting through.

andjoa 09-03-2006 09:43 AM

sipme changes

Hi, just wondering what changes are needed to make Sipme accounts, able to do both legs of the call. Can I do it, or do I need to email Sipme. thanks

affinity 09-03-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andjoa
Hi, just wondering what changes are needed to make Sipme accounts, able to do both legs of the call. Can I do it, or do I need to email Sipme. thanks

Send an email to support@sipme.com.au and ask them to enable multi-call facility for the single SIPME account; there is no charge for this and it works fine.

MarkosJal 09-03-2006 05:43 PM

VoiceStick

anyone know if VoiceStick is compatible with voxalot?

cristojc 09-15-2006 01:28 PM

Best VOIP Service Provider for Calling Caribbean

Dear all,

I have managed to successfully register VoXalot on my Nokia E 61 and added the following providers:

VOIP Cheap using sip.voipcheap.com
VOIP Discount using sip.voipdiscount.com

I am still seeing not registered for:
Luna Phone,Wengo Phone and free world dial up.

Does anyone have the host adresses for these providers to use for the set up? I will be testing the above shortly.

Does anyone have recommendations for competitive rates to the Caribbean. I live in Jamaica but travel frequently to the USA and Europe where I plan to use Wireless to call back to the Caribbean.

Thanks

Chris

raphoumail 09-19-2006 02:56 PM

Aquanta

seems sip.aquanta.com "No" "No"

dibsmft 10-22-2006 12:40 PM

Wengophone does work OK. You need to find out what your voip password is (check out their web site for instructions).

SIP address is voip.wengo.fr

kurun 10-24-2006 05:13 AM

Re-Provider feedback

I have tested successfully the following :

Outgoing and incoming :
Draytel (draytel.org)
Voiptalk (voiptalk.org)
Note Voicemail does not seem to work correctly with these providers

Outgoing only:
Netappel (netappel.fr)
Voipcheap (voipcheap.com)

Would be nice if the voice mail can be made to work correctly with incoming calls for non-voxalot incoming provider

Thanks

andy 11-14-2006 04:28 PM

I used Babble for both legs to UK pstn with the mobile callback.

www.babble.net

One of the four calls so far didn't connect to the first number shortly after a previous call, but I think this is a Skype forwarding issue (Skype used for mistariff to a certain mobile )

MarkosJal 11-21-2006 05:50 AM

GenericVoIP.net is compatible

New compatible service! GenericVoIP.Net. USA / Canada 1 cent per minute

andy 12-21-2006 01:19 AM

I reckon Voipcheap.com now works for both legs on the mobile callback; I've made several calls like this in the last month, to both landlines and mobiles.

JeFFJuH 01-28-2007 08:54 AM

VoipBuster and FWD are working very well. No problems at all :)

sdf 02-27-2007 09:18 AM

Mynetfone works with web callback with both legs

affinity 02-27-2007 09:53 AM

FreeCall has become problematic with web call back. It used to work fine for both call legs, but they seem too concerned about call centres using one membership for many calls... go figure. I had to get a sub-account, but right now that doesn't appear to be working for some reason -- hopefully I can sort this out with Martin soon.

346948 03-13-2007 11:50 PM

Tpad Provider?

Hy all,

Could some one tell me if Tpad works with Voxalot?

Thanks for all.

filmnet 03-14-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 3628)
I have tested successfully the following :

Outgoing and incoming :
Draytel (draytel.org)
Voiptalk (voiptalk.org)

Just to point out that possibly about a week or so ago, Voiptalk no longer seems to work with Voxalot (unless anyone knows anything different). It now shows "registration failed".

I only realised this evening when I wondered why I hadn't got any calls for over a week!!!

To get it to work now (at least for incoming calls, I don't need outgoing), I logged into Voiptalk and forwarded to my Voxalot address instead.

-filmnet

Yazcedric 03-27-2007 03:12 AM

Tpad works with Voxalot

Hi, 346948.
I am not sure whether you already figured out or not, but I have been using Tpad as one of the providers of Voxalot since last month.
I use Grandstream 386 as my ATA and it is registered under my voxalot's account.
I have not tested incoming calls to my Tpad's account, but at least for outgoing calls via Tpad works fine.
I feel a bit annoyed by an automated announcement stating your balance such as "you have XXX minutes" at the beginning of your outgoing calls, but the customer service told that they have been working on additional function to activate/inactivate this announcement.
I like their billing and service, too.
I have been comparing outgoing call quality (for US domestic landline calls - same destination) among Tpad, voipcheap, and globe7, etc
(BTW, all of them are currently registered under voxalot - thank you very much for such a powerful solution to manage multiple accounts over internet!),
and so far Tpad seems to be the most decent among these "discounted" prepaid-style providers (at least under my setting, so please do not generalize this statement).

When you set up tpad's account in the provider list of your voxalot account,
sip.tpad.com
is the provider's domain. Username is your Tpad number.

Hope this will help you.

Yazcedric

ersaya 03-31-2007 07:04 PM

what about vpbx.elmit.net ????????? has any one tried it

ddang 05-01-2007 02:20 PM

Any ones use freshtel(Firefly) on Voxalot yet? I can config my firefly and voxalot. But don't know how come it only do outgoing call , not work for receiving call.

I can see my firefly on line and registed on voxalot, but call always jump voice mail, instead my VOIP ....

If any one have an idea, please help....

Thank you

Dan

ataboy 05-01-2007 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by filmnet (Post 6729)
Just to point out that possibly about a week or so ago, Voiptalk no longer seems to work with Voxalot (unless anyone knows anything different). It now shows "registration failed".

It seems to be quite a puzzle. Voiptalk is "Registered" for me in VoXaLot, but I can't make outgoing calls. However I can't dial out through Voiptalk using my ATA either. I saw some discussion about this a week ago but nobody has reported an ongoing problem. Has anyone else had any experiences (good or bad) with them lately?

ataboy

ataboy 05-01-2007 08:13 PM

Update to my own post: Voiptalk is now working outbound through my ATA but still not via VoXaLot. Inbound is OK.

ataboy

244751 05-02-2007 03:37 AM

Hi Ataboy,

I use Voiptalk regularly and I have no issues. Are you still unable to make outgoing calls?

ataboy 05-02-2007 08:17 AM

Hi 244751,

No, all I get is a fast busy tone. (I tested it again just before I wrote this). The VoXaLot dialplan test field shows that it should work OK.

ataboy

244751 05-03-2007 03:46 AM

Do you mind posting your settings

ataboy 05-03-2007 11:02 AM

Yes of course. Under "Provider Details" I have

Description: Voiptalk
Username: (myusername)
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
SIP Proxy: voiptalk.org
SIP Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: Yes

and in "Advanced Mode" it reads

Description: Voiptalk
From User: (myusername)
From Domain: voiptalk.org
Username: (myusername)
Codecs: g729;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
SIP Proxy: voiptalk.org
SIP Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: Yes

I think these are standard settings, the same as I have for my other VSPs. Do you have anything different?

ataboy

sghazagh 05-04-2007 01:50 AM

I try with TPG (TPG.Com.Au) in Australia.
Whent he privider registered in Voxalot it's working fine.but sometimes the provider registration need time to update and I don't know why it needs to be update frequently.At that time the income calls doesn't work.

Any idea about that?
how is the processing of registering provider in Voxalot and why it needs to reregister the provider when it allready registered?

Thanks

martin 05-04-2007 02:27 AM

The SIP protocol requires re-registration on a periodic basis. Voxalot re-registers with providers every 3600 secs (unless the provider forces a lesser time).

More often than not the registration is lost as a result of a NAT keep alive issue between your device and the server.

191727 06-29-2007 03:10 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for all responses and valuable information. Thanks to Voxalot for arranging such a wonderful communicatin portal.

I am using different providers for different calls. But when using PennyTel to make calls to Bangladesh the sound is pretty poor. Does it matter from where I am using this service? I am living in Sweden and using PennyTel through Voxalot WebCallBack to make calls to Bangladesh. Calls to other destinatins give good sound. Any suggestion or idea are welcome.

ataboy 06-29-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 244751 (Post 8485)
Hi Ataboy,

I use Voiptalk regularly and I have no issues. Are you still unable to make outgoing calls?

I tested it today and it now appears to be working well both ways. I haven't changed anything at my end; I'm pleased it's working anyway.

ataboy

nickwe 07-01-2007 06:08 PM

what do you mean by one legs/two legs?

Stupid question but what do you mean by one leg/2 legs?

I've looked around and can't find an answer :-(

Is that the fact that the communication is going one way only and that we can't reply?

Sorry for the pollution of this treat with such a post...

Regards,

affinity 07-01-2007 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickwe (Post 9842)
Stupid question but what do you mean by one leg/2 legs?

This has to do with web call back.

Each call is called a 'leg' in this case; one leg means that you can only use the provider for one of the two calls of the web call back request. Two legs means the same provider can be used for both calls.

AndrewM

nickwe 07-02-2007 06:49 AM

thanks, good to know :-)

MarkosJal 07-03-2007 02:37 AM

New SuperNetTel SIP Proxy Support

SuperNetTel has the following compatibility with voxalot:

*413 did.supernettel.com
DID server open from all addresses, to any SuperNetTel "Super DID" (NOT TO FREE DIDs). Features full Codec Translation from GSM, G729, and G711u/a to the CODEC of the user End Point. Dial the DID in e164 format after the *413 code

*454 sip.supernettel.com
Registrar / Proxy will accept inbounds to accounts that begin with "0", "Free DIDs" and "Super DIDs" issued with accounts. Accepts inbbounds from SIPBroker and VoxALot services only. No CODEC Translation so you must set a common CODEC as the SuperNetTel end point, and account.

BTW, we are looking for Beta Testers with H323 hardware devices. You will have full access to all dialable SIPBroker codes from you H323 device as well as a SIP address for inbounds for the duration of the Beta.

Mark
SuperNetTel

markb 06-13-2008 08:34 AM

Voxalot Pro doesn't support German VoIP-Providers simply-connect and dus.net

Dear Sirs,
on Wednesday I extra upgraded to Voxalot Pro with a limitation of 5 registered VoIP-Providers.
But my numbers at the German VoIP-Providers dus.net and simply-connect are often not available; I get the error message: "Number temporarly unknown".

Normally, when I put the Providers direct in my ATA, they work very stable.

Can I get my money back plz?

MarkosJal 02-16-2009 01:10 AM

Any chance if getting a HOST file entry?

asbw.alestravoip.com uses IP 200.94.26.150

with a ping it resolves to 10.6.34.9 which is not the correct IP

Call and registrations must use the domain name, not the IP. So the only resolution I see for this is using a HOST file entry to resolve the look up.

Can the fine folks at voxalot be helpful in this?

Thanks

Mark

martin 02-22-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkosJal (Post 21457)
Can the fine folks at voxalot be helpful in this?

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately we can not implement your request. The owners of the domain in question have registered this hostname in the DNS using a private IP.

As a policy, Voxalot does not alter hostname look ups.

Thanks.

MarkosJal 02-22-2009 01:52 AM

Perhaps a could suggest, if it were possible, that a paid account could allow access to a host file equivalent that applied on a per user basis.

Mark

MarkosJal 02-28-2009 09:51 PM

in my earlieer post I said that Alestras server resolves to a fake IP, but there is a resolutrion for this when using an ATA, and that is putting the IP of the server in the peroxy field, and the DNS name in the ooutbound proxy field. I think even with üse outbound proxy set to NO this works

Perhaps a similar set up could be arranged on voxalot? This would then not require editing of the host file.

godsharry 04-02-2010 06:56 AM

Good afternoon sir.
I am not being able to use SmartVoiP with voxalot.Earlier I was able to use smartvoip but after adding smartvoip and voxalot in dialplans, giving VOIP to VOIP calls to route through voxalot and international landline and mobile calls to smartvoip, I faced problem.For the first few hours I was able to utilise these dial plans.But after around 16 hours I called VOIP to VOIP,my voice was not audible on the other end.Then later on after around one hour status of my VOIP became unregistered and now I am completely unable to use voxalot.
The settings that I used are:
Provider name : SmartVoiP
Username : ........
Password : .......
Codecs : g729;g723;g726;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw (I USED DEFAULT CODECS)
Host : sip.smartvoip.com
Port : 5060
Active : Yes
SIP Register : No
Optimize Audio Path : Yes (I also disable Symmetric NAT handling as adviced)

SmartVoiP Details :

Sip Proxy : sip.smartvoip.com
Port : 5060
Codecs : G.711 (64 kbps)
G.726 (32 kbps)
G.729 (8 kbps)
G.723 (5.3 & 6.3 kbps)
GSMFR (13.2 kbps)
Stunserver (option) : stun.smartvoip.com

Source : SmartVoiP

Address Source : SmartVoiP

SmartVoip is a service from
Betamax GmbH & Co KG
Im Mediapark 8
50670 Köln

Email: Please use the forms on our contact page
Tel: +49-221-3549565
Fax: +49-221-3549566

Managing director: Karin Nab
Commercial Register of the Local Court: Cologne
Registered under number: HRA 23157
VAT number: DE814570978

Thank you sir for this support forum which makes me quite positive for solution.