Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Account renewal reminder (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3257)

herman 07-23-2008 09:55 PM

Account renewal reminder

OK I have received my reminder for a renewal. I was on Vox Premium, which now appears to have been superseded by Vox Extreme. However I don't get the option to downgrade to Vox Pro (which is all I need). That is unless I am missing something.

Does it really take a call to support to do this, or do I just need to wait until the current subscription expires and then upgrade? I could do without the break in service on SIP registrations if poss.

441516 07-24-2008 01:46 AM

I also received a reminder stating that it could end in a week if not renewed. My querry is that mine was a basic account with one voip service provider and about 5 weeks ago upgraded for more service providers ( I think about 5) but its coming to an end so soon.....
Should I have not upgraded about 5 weeks ago?

ataboy 07-24-2008 09:39 AM

Similar problem. I have paid $15 for one VSP on VoxLite. I would like to take the opportunity to move to 5 VSPs (VoxPro) @ $25 on renewal in a day or so but the only option I am given on the site is a $15 renewal plus a $15 upgrade. Seems a tad unfair. . .

Any ideas Martin?

kurun 07-24-2008 02:17 PM

Click on the link : "Click here to compare features" on the renewal page : Voxalot

441516 07-24-2008 03:31 PM

Thank you for the link but I was not looking for it and it does not answer our querries. The fact is I only upgraded about 5 weks ago and epiring in a week.

craig 07-24-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herman (Post 18121)
OK I have received my reminder for a renewal. I was on Vox Premium, which now appears to have been superseded by Vox Extreme. However I don't get the option to downgrade to Vox Pro (which is all I need). That is unless I am missing something.

Does it really take a call to support to do this, or do I just need to wait until the current subscription expires and then upgrade? I could do without the break in service on SIP registrations if poss.

If you renew with the same product, your existing subscription gets extended. However, if you wish to change products (in your specific case), you have to manually purchase the different product.

Be aware that if you purchase the VoxPro product seperately, it will overlap with your current subscription... so, you have 2 choices: a) waiting until your initial one expires and then buying the new one, or b) buy it now and you will have a few days were you technically have two subscriptions active.

Hope that make sense.

--
Craig

craig 07-24-2008 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 441516 (Post 18122)
I also received a reminder stating that it could end in a week if not renewed. My querry is that mine was a basic account with one voip service provider and about 5 weeks ago upgraded for more service providers ( I think about 5) but its coming to an end so soon.....
Should I have not upgraded about 5 weeks ago?

Your VoxUpgrade has its own 12 month subscription, so if you just renew your VoxBasic subscription, your VoxUpgrade should just work automatically with the new basic subscription.

--
Craig

craig 07-24-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 18127)
Similar problem. I have paid $15 for one VSP on VoxLite. I would like to take the opportunity to move to 5 VSPs (VoxPro) @ $25 on renewal in a day or so but the only option I am given on the site is a $15 renewal plus a $15 upgrade

Unfortunately, you are probably in the same boat as Herman above. Hopefully the solution I offered to him makes sense for you too.

--
Craig

herman 07-24-2008 05:38 PM

Thanks for your input Craig. It is much appreciated.

However, from what I understand, there is no way of downgrading and keeping the same Voxalot id? I have tried to do as you say, but a new account is created for me.

I think it's going to be best on just letting the subscription go to basic subscription first and then upgrade unless I am misunderstanding something here.

craig 07-24-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herman (Post 18135)
However, from what I understand, there is no way of downgrading and keeping the same Voxalot id? I have tried to do as you say, but a new account is created for me.

You don't need to create a new account. As I mentioned, you can do 1 of 2 things (neither of these from the Renewals page):

1. Wait for the current subscription on your existing account to expire, and then just purchase a new VoxPro subscription
--or--
2. Purchase a new VoxPro subscription using your exsting account. This will become effective immediately (ie. you will have your existing subscription and the new subscription both active for a few days) - which you won't even notice as the system will handle that automatically for you.

Up to you... in both cases, though, because you are changing your subscription type, it isn't handled as a "renewal". Likewise in both cases, you should be able to do it with your existing account.

--
Craig

441516 07-25-2008 01:48 AM

Hello, what I meant basic is I already had one reg allowed and upgraded to whatever to be able to have upto five or six reg. This was bought about five weeks ago. So whats happening?

emoci 07-25-2008 05:27 AM

If craig or martin see this, please also take a look at http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-problems.html

ataboy 07-25-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig (Post 18134)
Unfortunately, you are probably in the same boat as Herman above. Hopefully the solution I offered to him makes sense for you too.

--
Craig

Not really Craig. Either way I have a problem. If I let my account expire I only pay $25 to upgrade, but I will have to re-enter all my details (and I might lose my Voxalot id).

On the other hand if I upgrade before renewal I pay $30 just to get to the next level. I just think that the inflexilbiulty of the billing system is souring what up till now has been a great service for me.

441516 07-25-2008 12:51 PM

I am really disappointed that my email was not acknowledged or answered. Two voicemail left over three days.

craig 07-25-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 441516 (Post 18147)
Hello, what I meant basic is I already had one reg allowed and upgraded to whatever to be able to have upto five or six reg. This was bought about five weeks ago. So whats happening?

As I mentioned, your VoxUpgrade is a separate subscription to your VoxBasic subscription. The VoxUpgrade gives an additional 5 registrations on top of your base subscription... if you don't have a base subscription, then the VoxUpgrade does nothing. If you renew your VoxBasic subscription, you VoxUpgrade subscription should automatically apply on top of it.

--
Craig

craig 07-25-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 18165)
Not really Craig. Either way I have a problem. If I let my account expire I only pay $25 to upgrade, but I will have to re-enter all my details (and I might lose my Voxalot id).

No... your voxalot id is completely independant to any premium subscriptions. You will never lose your id.

Even if you let your VoxBasic expire, your provider details will still be there... as soon as you buy a new VoxPro subscription, you will be able to re-register your providers again.

--
Craig

441516 07-25-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig (Post 18171)
As I mentioned, your VoxUpgrade is a separate subscription to your VoxBasic subscription. The VoxUpgrade gives an additional 5 registrations on top of your base subscription... if you don't have a base subscription, then the VoxUpgrade does nothing. If you renew your VoxBasic subscription, you VoxUpgrade subscription should automatically apply on top of it.

--
Craig

OK Boss.Thanks.

ataboy 07-25-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig (Post 18172)
No... your voxalot id is completely independant to any premium subscriptions. You will never lose your id.

Even if you let your VoxBasic expire, your provider details will still be there... as soon as you buy a new c subscription, you will be able to re-register your providers again.

--
Craig

Well, actually I'm on VoxLite, not VoxBasic, but what you are telling me about maintaining my id is good news. Can I just confirm the situation: if I let VoxLite expire and then order VoxPro I just pay $25, but my VSP details are still on record? Also, If I were to export my dialplans etc. before letting my account lapse, then could I import them to my new VoxPro account without having to reinstall each one manually?

snowleopard 07-27-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 18177)
Well, actually I'm on VoxLite, not VoxBasic, but what you are telling me about maintaining my id is good news. Can I just confirm the situation: if I let VoxLite expire and then order VoxPro I just pay $25, but my VSP details are still on record? Also, If I were to export my dialplans etc. before letting my account lapse, then could I import them to my new VoxPro account without having to reinstall each one manually?

Seconded! Can I get an answer to this? My account is about to expire (isn't a week rather short notice for an annual subscription that most people would forget about??) and I have exported my bits and pieces.

If I have the export, and I wait for the plan to reset back to VoxBasic, then pay for another year of VoxPro and reimport my data (using import-replace), all I have lost is the auto-registration and the passwords? (That is another matter altogether ... No idea what half those passwords are!) Is there anything else that would be missing that I should 'export' to pen/paper?

ataboy 07-27-2008 07:57 PM

Oh well, I couldn't wait and I certainly didn't fancy setting up all my passwords again so I just renewed VoxLite before it was too late.

loraolo 07-28-2008 08:42 AM

Renewal Subscription - upgrade extension ignored

Martin,

As you could check I joined with voxalot service with a VoxLite account on July, 30th last year. Then, on Sep 3rd, 2007 I upgraded to VoxPro.

Now the renewal subscription reminder tell me that my premium account will expire in 7 days ...

Could you check it and extent the reminder to the voxpro upgrade expiration as per your post on the forum?

Thanks

rajtp 07-28-2008 01:10 PM

renewal email

i renewed on 7/22 but still geting emails stating i haven't. Can someone check up if my id 516687 has been renewed successfully?

thanks

affinity 07-28-2008 02:15 PM

Can we have an expiry date added to the member's page so that we can see current expiry on accounts please?

emoci 07-30-2008 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loraolo (Post 18197)
Martin,

As you could check I joined with voxalot service with a VoxLite account on July, 30th last year. Then, on Sep 3rd, 2007 I upgraded to VoxPro.

Now the renewal subscription reminder tell me that my premium account will expire in 7 days ...

Could you check it and extent the reminder to the voxpro upgrade expiration as per your post on the forum?

Thanks

This appears to work like this:

Since you were originally in VoXLite, when you upgraded you bought a VoXUpgrade package (not VoXPro), giving you a total of 6 registrations (1 from VoXLite, 5 from VoXUpgrade)

So you have two packages at the moment:
VoXLite (which is expiring)
VoXUpgrade (still has a while to go)

Here's the catch, VoXUpgrade will continue to be in your account for the rest of the time left, but cannot be used, unless combined with either VoXLite, VoXPro or VoXExtreme

So your choices are:
-Renew for a VoXLite (1 reg) now, then renew again in September for your VoXUpgrage (5 reg)
-Renew now to a VoXPro (5 reg), and you'll have VoXUpgrade until Sept. with another 5 reg (for a total of 10). When VoXUpgrade expires in Sept., you'll be left with VoXPro (5 registrations)

There is one more catch, if you want to take the second option, you'll want to wait until VoXLite expires, and your Account reverts to VoXBasic before upgrading to VoXPro (no information will be lost, but for providers registered for incoming calls, expect some downtime in terms of incoming calls while you make the switch)....

emoci 07-30-2008 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 18202)
Can we have an expiry date added to the member's page so that we can see current expiry on accounts please?

If you go to http://www.voxalot.com/action/renewals (and provided you are logged into your account) the page shows when your current subscription expires

I agree a permanent expiration date at the top may be more helpful, but this should help as a temporary fix...

snowleopard 07-31-2008 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18262)
If you go to http://www.voxalot.com/action/renewals (and provided you are logged into your account) the page shows when your current subscription expires

I agree a permanent expiration date at the top may be more helpful, but this should help as a temporary fix...

That URL just shows me:
Quote:

Subscription Renewals
There are no products to renew.
Is there something I'm missing?
Also, it's been more than a week since my 7 day warning and my account still shows 'PREMIUM' at the top, and is registered to all my providers?

craig 07-31-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 18177)

It is your subscription that is expiring, not your account. Your provider details will continue to remain in your account... you just won't be able to register them (which is what the subscription is used for).

You are mixing your metaphors a little... you don't sign up for a "VoxPro account", but rather you sign up for a "VoxPro subscription for your Voxalot account". Does that help explain things a bit?

--
Craig

craig 07-31-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowleopard (Post 18192)
Seconded! Can I get an answer to this? My account is about to expire (isn't a week rather short notice for an annual subscription that most people would forget about??) and I have exported my bits and pieces.

Again, let me reiterate that your account isn't expiring... all that expires is the subscription. You shouldn't need to export/import anything.

--
Craig

craig 07-31-2008 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajtp (Post 18201)
i renewed on 7/22 but still geting emails stating i haven't. Can someone check up if my id 516687 has been renewed successfully? thanks

Yes, a few people have reported this. We have found a bug in our system where we are still sending some people a reminder even after they have renewed. I hope to deploy a fix to this problem tonight.

In the meantime, I have checked your account, and your renewal has definitely been received and processed.

--
Craig

craig 07-31-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 18202)

An excellent idea that has been suggested by a number of people. Hoping to have a page up and running in the next few days. Watch this space...

--
Craig

Jerree 01-11-2011 11:54 AM

Hi,

The Voxalot reminder emails about my service expiring or noting that my service has already expired is scary me!

I really like Voxalot but the emails are causing me some concern especially when I already renewed my service (before receiving even the first email).

I know the emails from Voxalot say please ignore if you already renewed but when I read an email saying your service has expired but its still not too late to renew (or upgrade), that concerns me.

Each time I login and double check the status of my service it always says the same thing that I'm paid up on everything, VoxPro & Vox Upgrade.

This is just a comment reflecting my concern about the reminder emails. Yes, I want the email reminders but when my status is up to date I prefer not to receive them.

Thank You, Jerree