Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   eu.voxalot.con is down too? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=7420)

casch 09-19-2011 12:53 PM

eu.voxalot.con is down too?

Hi,
by whatever reason, I can't call, even *600 does not respond. But I just got a call.
Does the eu-server needs to be restarted?
My Ata shows in its log for the *600 call: reason: Request Timeout (408)
PLEASE do so!
casch

amix 09-19-2011 07:31 PM

Same here. For the whole day (from around 10am to now, 9:30pm) I had either 408 (service unavailable) or 407 (authorization failed) errors on 'eu.voxalot.com'

zoemcalister 09-19-2011 07:34 PM

EU service still inoperable

Please, I'd like to start using the EU service again.
If I only knew how to restart the server, I'd do it myself.
Help!

Thanks

caribicarts 09-19-2011 07:35 PM

That’s normal; nobody cares about us, just money!!!

Every month happens same and the voxalot owners just reading the forum every week knowing that the eu server has issues. Of course we are stupid and paying the fees. Just paid one year again.

roque 09-19-2011 07:35 PM

eu.voxalot down?

hi,

I cannot make external calls with the eu.voxalot.com server registration.
it's Ok for au.voxalot.com and us.voxalot.com.

I can do calls to another voxalot user without problems...

any information about it?

thanx.

martin 09-20-2011 03:18 AM

Hi guys, server had a network issue and has been restored. Apologies.

casch 09-20-2011 06:02 AM

hmm thanks, but..

Thanks Martin,
it's working now - BUT!!

It has taken 14.5 hours for voxalot to respond :mad:

I think this is defenitely tooooo long for re-enabeling your service, that can be done - probably - just by restarting the service.

Couldn't you organzie that in a different way, that your respond time is less than 1 hour BUT NOT 14.5 hours?

Regards,
Carl

Saliesbuzz 09-20-2011 07:08 AM

As has been posted many times before, when the service is down, the service status page should display the correct position. I spent hours wrestling with why I could not make any calls via Voxalot.
At first I thought is one of my service providers, which I cannot check directly as the reason I am using Voxalot is as a SIP Proxy (ISP blocking port 5060).
What was really frustrating is that everything appeared to login and register but there was no sound at all.
When I pointed everything at us.voxalot.com I had no inbound sound and had to use a STUN server to resolve this.
Is it safe now to point back to eu.voxalot.com and remove the STUN server?
As commented by many, we are paying for a service that we do not seem to receive. No one minds the odd technical glitch, but from what I read in this forum, it would appear that feedback is almost nil.
Can the service status not be automatically updated if one of the servers is down? This could be achieved if another device were to poll it, say every 5 minutes, and after the third failure generate an error message that could be used to automatically update the status. This is pretty standard practice elsewhere.

Buzz

Anglosat 09-29-2011 12:26 PM

This morning my internet went down and after a WiMax reboot came back up - but both my ATA's running separate accounts remained down - no dial signal or calls in or out. After checking with my ISP, I switched the proxy from EU to US and all is fine. I cannot see any issues with the EU proxy or am I the first to discover this?