Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Suggestion: Fallback service (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2669)

chatalot 12-18-2007 05:48 PM

Suggestion: Fallback service

At the moment, I set up my landline as part of a ring group on pbxes and registered pbxes to us.voxalot.com. This is really useful because if my internet connection/PAP2/power/eu.voxalot.com goes down then I can still receive calls from my DID on my landline.

The only snag is that it has to ring all the time and I only want it to ring when the connection is actually down.

I am going to suggest that voxalot offers a fallback service where calls can be routed to a phone number via a selected vsp if there are no devices registered to voxalots servers. Or even better, a specified voxalot server.

I don't think this would take much to implement as it could be a part of the existing call forwarding service options. e.g. if there is no device connected to eu.voxalot.com then forward to XXXXXXXXXX via betamax.com.

gambrinus 12-19-2007 12:14 PM

That's a good thought. I would also need a fallback in the dial plans. I.e. if a call cannot be terminated by the VSP, then it should be possible to point to a subset of rules, which would be executed by then (change the number format appropriate for VSP2, dial via VSP2).
Voxalot team has promised such a thing quite a while ago and I don't know what happened to this feature request ...

chatalot 12-27-2007 06:24 PM

I have now stopped registering us.voxalot.com with pbxes as desribed above as a fallback route to my landline. It was answering all my incoming calls with "All circuits are busy now - please try later" message.

I now need to be able to route to my landline reliably when my internet connection goes down or route to my voxalot PAP2 and landline together. Any chance of this voxalot or does anyone know another way to get it to work?

Wortelstok 07-05-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatalot (Post 14897)
I have now stopped registering us.voxalot.com with pbxes as desribed above as a fallback route to my landline. It was answering all my incoming calls with "All circuits are busy now - please try later" message.

I now need to be able to route to my landline reliably when my internet connection goes down or route to my voxalot PAP2 and landline together. Any chance of this voxalot or does anyone know another way to get it to work?

It is possible with Mysipswitch using a Ruby command:
Quote:

bool sys.IsAvailable() - Is used to check whether the dial plan owner's account has a SIP account online. The function returns true if there is a current binding and false otherwise.
-----------
#Ruby dialplan example for sys.IsAvailable()
sys.Log("call received uri=#{req.URI.User} from #{req.Header.From.FromURI.User}")
sys.Log("isavailable=#{sys.IsAvailable().ToString( )}.")

if sys.IsAvailable()
sys.Dial("me@local")
else
sys.Dial("mylandline@provider")
end

sprinter 08-12-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wortelstok (Post 17738)
It is possible with Mysipswitch using a Ruby command:

Can you please post the steps you took to get it working? I'm fairly new to the whole VoIP scene, but can follow instructions :)

TheFug 08-18-2008 08:13 PM

Better have your complete dialplan at MySipSwitch, otherwise you need to make an too complex construction, and the above is only the inbound part of a dialplan at MSS, advantage of MSS is, you don't need to ask for extra options, most can be done with the Ruby script, which you can use at MSS.

btw. MSS has no FUP agreement with any betamax provider, if you need a trouble free FUP, MSS is a no-go...:(