Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voicemail doesn't answer forwarded calls (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=506)

bjlinden 10-01-2006 02:56 AM

Voicemail doesn't answer forwarded calls

If a call is forwarded from another provider to Voxalot and my phone is logged into Voxalot, my phone rings as expected, but if unanswered goes to the voicemail of the provider (Sipphone/Gizmo Project) and not Voxalot voice mail. I get the same results when I setup Sipphone as a provider and select Sip Register Yes. I would like Voxalot voice mail to pickup any unanswered calls sent its way. Any suggestions?

martin 10-01-2006 03:42 AM

Hi,

Voicemail pickup on VoXaLot is set to just under 30 secs. I suspect that sipphone and sipgate are routing to their VM before this time.

bjlinden 10-02-2006 10:21 AM

Makes sense, Thanks Martin.

cyberbird 10-05-2006 04:44 PM

Is is possible to customize this time on voxalot?

martin 10-05-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberbird (Post 3254)
Is is possible to customize this time on voxalot?

At this point in time it is not possible.

vikasintl 07-17-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 3133)
Hi,

Voicemail pickup on VoXaLot is set to just under 30 secs. I suspect that sipphone and sipgate are routing to their VM before this time.

Does it mean duration of rings on x-lite software depends on DID number provider? and we can't do any thing at our end?
Btw ...if I dont answer within 2 rings it goes to my voxalot recorded greeting and not the DID provider(free digits) greeting.

foneboxx 07-17-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikasintl (Post 10544)
Does it mean duration of rings on x-lite software depends on DID number provider? and we can't do any thing at our end?
Btw ...if I dont answer within 2 rings it goes to my voxalot recorded greeting and not the DID provider(free digits) greeting.

Just set "voicemail active" to "NO" and you're done.

vikasintl 07-17-2007 11:54 AM

than it will not go take any voice mails...

Quote:

Originally Posted by foneboxx (Post 10546)
Just set "voicemail active" to "NO" and you're done.

If I set it no than I won't have any voice mails...is not it correct?

foneboxx 07-17-2007 11:57 AM

if you set to NO you will have YOUR "freedigit" voicemail as the voxalot voicemail will not be activated :)

vikasintl 07-17-2007 12:11 PM

But now something else

Quote:

Originally Posted by foneboxx (Post 10548)
if you set to NO you will have YOUR "freedigit" voicemail as the voxalot voicemail will not be activated :)

I set up voice in active as per your suggestion and yes it goes free digits voice mail but only after 2 rings line disconnects from x-lite and still it rings for 2 more rings ( the way I want) and than it let one allow to leave a voice mail....

My point is when ever someone calls my free digits number it comes to my x-lite as voxalot URI is added there but after 1st 2 rings either it hangs up or goes to voice mail..whats the solution if I want it let it ring for more times so I can have more time to respond