Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   That lady on the voicemail (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1368)

tomblandford 04-11-2007 09:41 AM

That lady on the voicemail

I put my own greeting message onto Voxalot's voicemail system but that lady still says "please leave your message aaafter the tone" once I have finished my "we're not home, please leave a message". Can I turn her off? That accent is really not suited to a UK phone! If not, maybe a facility could be added to do that, Martin? :)

twen 04-12-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 7615)
Can I turn her off? That accent is really not suited to a UK phone! If not, maybe a facility could be added to do that, Martin? :)

May be Martin can do the voice ? He is maybe more "suited to a UK phone" ;)

Olivier

martin 04-12-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twen (Post 7685)
May be Martin can do the voice ? He is maybe more "suited to a UK phone" ;)

Olivier

Hehe no voice model potential here im afraid :)

However as part of VoxRoam development, Tony played some samples of voice models we are considering.

Maybe Tony can attach a sample here for the folks to comment on ?

JeFFJuH 04-13-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7686)
Hehe no voice model potential here im afraid :)

However as part of VoxRoam development, Tony played some samples of voice models we are considering.

Maybe Tony can attach a sample here for the folks to comment on ?

Martin, please see the mod forum.

tomblandford 04-13-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7686)

Rather than different voices, I was hoping I could turn it off completely and my own message would just be followed by the beep when people get my voicemail.

wilsonhlacerda 04-13-2007 05:44 PM

I completely agree with tomblandford's suggestion. As you have users from all the world, with different languages, the best option is simply have no voice. Only the tone.

For instance here in Brazil only a minority can understand english so as soon as the english voice starts lots of people just hung up and do not leave a message, no matter if I have my own greeting just before in plain portuguese.

For sure the best solution is to leave each user record his/her own greeting and just have a tone after it.

usera 04-13-2007 06:38 PM

I agree as well. In fact if we could upload our own mp3 voicemails that would be GREAT!

tomblandford 04-16-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 7694)
Rather than different voices, I was hoping I could turn it off completely and my own message would just be followed by the beep when people get my voicemail.

Martin, is this easy to do?

martin 04-16-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 7863)
Martin, is this easy to do?

Hi Tom,

Not looked into this request yet. I did however add an item in our problem tracking system to investigate.

martin 05-09-2007 11:25 PM

Hello, we have now removed the english voicemail instructional audio. Please let us know if there is still a problem?