Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Can't call 500 or 600 when using alternate proxy ports. (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3234)

boatman 07-13-2008 06:32 AM

SOLVED: Can't call 500 or 600 when using alternate proxy ports.

My ATA is Linksys SPA2100. When using alternate proxy ports, such as port 80, the call switches SIP from port 80 to port 5060 (I'm talking about Voxalot's end). Obviously this is not going to fly if one's ISP is blocking port 5060, which is the likely reason someone would be using port 80.

Anyone else notice this bug?

TheFug 07-13-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman (Post 17907)
My ATA is Linksys SPA2100. When using alternate proxy ports, such as port 80, the call switches SIP from port 80 to port 5060 (I'm talking about Voxalot's end). Obviously this is not going to fly if one's ISP is blocking port 5060, which is the likely reason someone would be using port 80.

Anyone else notice this bug?

Do you know if there's a 21 seconds delay, before this happens ? you (only) hear the *600 introduction ?

boatman 09-03-2008 04:43 PM

Solved: Can't call 500 or 600 when using alternate proxy ports

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFug (Post 17908)
Do you know if there's a 21 seconds delay, before this happens ? you (only) hear the *600 introduction ?

No sound was heard. Voxalot's end changed to port 5060 before the RTP packet stream was set up. However, I did find a solution.

I had been testing with Proxy set to us.voxalot.com:80 and nothing in Outbound Proxy. The fix was simply to set 3 items as follows:

Outbound Proxy: us.voxalot.com:80
Use Outbound Proxy: yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: yes

After making the above changes the entire SIP dialog remained on the chosen port (port 80) for the duration of the call, and audio was heard normally.

Now that we know 'Outbound Proxy' settings are needed for Linksys ATAs when using any of the alternate proxy ports, should the 'Outbound Proxy' settings be incorporated into Voxalot's recommended Linksys ATA settings in the Wiki? Is there any situation when using 'Outbound Proxy' settings could cause any problem?

emoci 09-04-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman (Post 18806)
No sound was heard. Voxalot's end changed to port 5060 before the RTP packet stream was set up. However, I did find a solution.

I had been testing with Proxy set to us.voxalot.com:80 and nothing in Outbound Proxy. The fix was simply to set 3 items as follows:

Outbound Proxy: us.voxalot.com:80
Use Outbound Proxy: yes
Use OB Proxy In Dialog: yes

After making the above changes the entire SIP dialog remained on the chosen port (port 80) for the duration of the call, and audio was heard normally.

Now that we know 'Outbound Proxy' settings are needed for Linksys ATAs when using any of the alternate proxy ports, should the 'Outbound Proxy' settings be incorporated into Voxalot's recommended Linksys ATA settings in the Wiki? Is there any situation when using 'Outbound Proxy' settings could cause any problem?

Is this fine Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ

Feel free to modify the wiki article if need be....