Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Dial plan for tool free number (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=654)

drhilbert00 11-02-2006 01:03 PM

Dial plan for tool free number

Dear friends,
there is something very strange happening with my dial plan. I'm dial plan I have this specific entry for forwarding italian tool free number to a suitable VoIP provider that can handle it.

The dial plan rule is the following:

_8[04][0-9]X.

this is becasue tool free numbers in Italy begin with 8 and it is followed by either 0 or 4. In principle the [0-9] shouldn't be needed but it has to work anyway.

If I test the dial plan using for example 803380 (Italian Internet provider) it works perfectly, but with 800877877 (Italian UPS service) the call is forwarded to sip:800877877@public.sip.magrathea.net and public.sip.magrathea.net is not one of my provider!!!! What's wrong?

Can you help me?

Cheers,

drhilbert

Rico74 11-02-2006 02:10 PM

Enum?

It kinda sounds like you might have ENUM replacement configured in your dial plan. Can you confirm?

drhilbert00 11-02-2006 02:43 PM

No it was not! But now it surprisingly workin!!! Crazy...

Rico74 11-02-2006 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhilbert00 (Post 3809)

I used the test feature in my dial plans and tested the number 800877877. I got the following result.

A call to:800877877 will get forwarded to
sip:800877877@public.sip.magrathea.net

Note that none of my dial plans can actually use the number 800877877.

What exactly happens when the number can not find an appropriate dial plan, I do not know - it isn't covered by the FAQ or tutorials. I'm assuming that it would be treated as a ENUM replacement.

Italy's country code is 39 and the country code 800 relates to the "International Freephone Service". I do not know if dialing 800 in Italy will access the "International Freephone" number system or whether it would access the "Italy Only" toll-free number system. I do not know the specifics to how toll-free works in Italy. Perhaps 800 works in all of Europe by using the "International Freephone Service" - I do not know. I would appreciate finding out.

Either way, I'm glad it's working for you now.

pasqualei 11-07-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhilbert00 (Post 3809)

Just in case the problem will arise again I wanted to share my solution.

From 'Advanced Mode' in my dial plans this is what I have:
  • Priority: 7
  • Pattern: _800XXXXXX
  • Replacement: ${EXTEN}
  • Provider: Your Italian Provider (I use Skypho)
  • ENUM: 0123${EXTEN} - the problem is enum and this solves it
  • Active: YES

When I test it, it goes to the expected provider. Enum was giving me the same problem, by "confusing" enum-lookup the calls are rerouted to your provider.

I live in the US and use this plan concurrently with other dialing combinations to allow US toll free calling.

So I made sure that the Italian toll free numbers were always <800>+<six digits> and <800>+<seven digits> for the US ones. Of course there are other combinations for toll free numbers, the same applies to each combination.

Pasquale