Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Proxy out (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=225)

jmstosch 06-06-2006 02:51 PM

Proxy out

Hi,

I have several accounts with Voxalot and most work beautifully. I have had trouble registering voicestick.com. I looked online for help but there seems to be a necessity for specifying STUN disabled and proxy out server. What can I do?

Thank you,

John

ctylor 06-06-2006 11:55 PM

I have a voicestick account but I have little idea how to set it up for Voxalot, let alone an ATA. I tried host "206.165.50.116" and username as my 1xxxxxxxxxx phone number but it doesn't seem to work. I would also appreciate pointers.

jmstosch 06-07-2006 07:24 PM

I got it to work. I basically specified 206.165.50.116 as the sip address and it works both in and out. I am relieved as voicesticks is the only company offering a free local number where I live.

Great speed and with voxalot - perfect combination!

jmstosch

ctylor 06-08-2006 12:21 AM

Really? I am the one who suggested the settings to you and I can't seem to use them myself. Dialing out works--testing with Voicestick as my priority 1 generic provider in Voxalot. I have my username (1518xxxxxxx) and host (206.165.50.116) and port 5060, with my password entered and codecs selected, Active Yes and SIP Register Yes. Yet I cannot receive any calls at my ATA registered with Voxalot. Oddly, calling from Teliax I hear a ring several times, and then go to a slow busy (error 503 on my Grandstream) but no ringing will ever occur on my ATA. Calling from SkypeOut and there is a long pause and then a 'your number cannot be completed as dialed' operator warning.

However with my Voicestick softphone up and running concurrently--not changing any Voxalot registration settings, a call to my phone number rings the softphone (but still not the Voxalot address). I can pick up with the softphone and have a regular conversation.

Voicestick is the only company demonstrating this behaviour for me. VBuzzer, FWD, and Gizmo Project all work fine with my current settings as far as I can tell. I'd appreciate it if you (or anyone) has any idea what I can do to fix it. I thought it was a Voxalot server-side problem initially. But if call-in works for Voicestick with anyone else here then it probably would be one of my settings, unless the specific number I have with them is freaky-deaky. Can other people be called at their Voicestick number(s) registered to Voxalot where it works fine?

jmstosch 06-08-2006 02:03 AM

Wow, I see. It worked for me for about 5 min. I called and the ata rang. Then it stopped. Out is fine but no more in-bound calling. The ATA (mine is a Grandstream 486) works well when set up to only use Voicestick - so it will work outside of the softphone environment. I guess that it has to do with specifying a proxy server and sip server which are different. Voxalot does not support this - until they do - there is probably little one can do. Anyone else have advise???

affinity 06-08-2006 02:44 AM

If I have Exetel's VoIP registered, then outgoing calls work and the calls present the DID. However when I call the DID, I get a message saying that the phone is not accepting calls.

Without Exetel registered through voxalot.com.au I can make a call using voxalot.com.au via sipbroker *393613 -- take a call on Exetel on the 2nd FXS port and all is fine [unless of course I need to take an incoming PSTN call, but then again another phone not connected to the 7402VGO can answer that].

I'm waiting for Exetel to change my plan so that I lose benefit from using their VoIP and then I will cancel the VoIP service with them and use SIPME and/or FreeCall instead [or even some of my excessive mobile phone credits, there are so many options when a single provider doesn't quite work out well].

ctylor 06-08-2006 12:37 PM

Asterisk setup instructions for Voicestick:

http://voxilla.com/index.php?name=PN...ee43da33#40810

martin 06-08-2006 12:40 PM

Code:

register => 1phonenumber:password:@i2telecom.com:5060/1phonenumber
Looks like a regular registration. This is essentially what VoXaLot would be doing.

jmstosch 06-08-2006 07:15 PM

Hi Martin,

I understand the Asterisk registration but how does that translate to the web registratin with Voxalot?

Thank you!

ctylor 06-09-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
Code:

register => 1phonenumber:password:@i2telecom.com:5060/1phonenumber
Looks like a regular registration. This is essentially what VoXaLot would be doing.

Even so, other things that chandave says are required in Asterisk (like 60 minute exactly registrations and non-cache re-registrations) Voxalot is presumably not doing, since we know Voicestick's DID is not working registered through Voxalot.