Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voice Issues (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=4613)

heartspeace 12-16-2009 09:43 PM

Voice Issues

I have a setup where I have two accounts - both using voxalot, one of them a premier. I have two ATA units, one the SPA 3000, one the SPA 3102. When calling from the SPA 3000 to the SPA 3102 everything is find except the occassional but not often disconnect where I stop hearing voice and the other person can not hear me - but its not every time that this happens.

However, when calling from the 3102 to the 3000, I get about 10-20 seconds of voice, and then neither party can hear each other.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Both are registered to voxalot from all I can see the same way using the same codecs.

Any help would be appreciated.

emoci 12-17-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartspeace (Post 26106)
I have a setup where I have two accounts - both using voxalot, one of them a premier. I have two ATA units, one the SPA 3000, one the SPA 3102. When calling from the SPA 3000 to the SPA 3102 everything is find except the occassional but not often disconnect where I stop hearing voice and the other person can not hear me - but its not every time that this happens.

However, when calling from the 3102 to the 3000, I get about 10-20 seconds of voice, and then neither party can hear each other.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Both are registered to voxalot from all I can see the same way using the same codecs.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Are they behind the same network/NAT?
-If yes have you partitioned the RTP Port Range, so they are not using the same port range.
-Do you have STUN/NAT Mapping and Keep Alive to YES on both?
-Have you changed any settings as far as Symmetric NAT handling is involved (your VoXalot acct. online)?
-Try calling each other using *010VoXalotNumber

heartspeace 01-01-2010 09:18 AM

-Are they behind the same network/NAT?

No - Different Networks

-If yes have you partitioned the RTP Port Range, so they are not using the same port range.

NA

-Do you have STUN/NAT Mapping and Keep Alive to YES on both?
YES

-Have you changed any settings as far as Symmetric NAT handling is involved (your VoXalot acct. online)?
No

-Try calling each other using *010VoXalotNumber
What does this do vs just the regular dialing?

boatman 01-02-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartspeace (Post 26106)
... Any thoughts or suggestions? Both are registered to voxalot from all I can see the same way using the same codecs.

This issue could involve SIP re-invite. Furthermore one of the ATAs may be behind some kind of symmetric NAT router.

Firstly, make sure that you have filled in 'Outbound Proxy:' the same as you have for 'Proxy:'. Including the proxy's port number is mandatory if it's anything other than 5060. Also confirm that 'Use Outbound Proxy:' and 'Use OB Proxy In Dialog:' are both 'yes'.

I suggest you try the following experiment. As you are already using STUN, for both units, set "STUN Test Enable:" = yes. In Voxalot accounts for both units set "Symmetric NAT Handling." = yes.

Do your test calls again. If the problem persists; for both units set "NAT Mapping Enable:" = no.

Make test calls again. If audio is heard both ways at this point try setting "NAT Mapping Enable:" = yes in one of the units, then the other.

Ordinarily it's best to leave "NAT Mapping Enable:" = yes, however occasionally it's necessary to set "NAT Mapping Enable:" = no in order to disable Voxalot's SIP re-invite feature. If you must use "NAT Mapping Enable:" = no then hopefully it will be needed in one ATA only.