Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   JustVoIP and "Optimize Audio Path" option (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3935)

910198 04-03-2009 05:55 PM

JustVoIP and "Optimize Audio Path" option

Hi everyone,

Every time I tried the option "Optimize Audio Path" with JustVoIP, there was one-way audio (I couldn't hear the other end, but the other end could hear me).

As I could see, JustVoIP does not support the re-Invite from VoxAlot, because at the very begining of the call there is two-way audio, but just after the audio becomes one-way.

Does anyone know if JustVoIP (I mean Betamax) support this option? If yes, what should I do to achieve optimal path with JustVoIP?

Thank you all!

André

boatman 04-04-2009 08:19 AM

The best I could do with voipdiscount (also Betamax) was direct RTP packets in one direction only. The other way always went through Voxalot.

emoci 04-07-2009 12:13 AM

For the record:

I have InternetCalls with Optimize Audio Path enabled + Symmetric NAT set to No. That seems to work fine in terms of audio calls... although I haven't carefully looked into whether it is indeed achieving direct RTP packets by doing this...

910198 04-17-2009 03:19 PM

Voxalot and Betamax for the best audio quality

I would suggest Voxalot team to check with Betamax team what is necessary to provide the best audio quality. It should be considered that there are many Voxalot customers that use some Betamax VSP to make calls. I believe that this problem affects other Voxalot customers beyond myself.

Thanks!

kurun 04-18-2009 06:58 AM

My experience is the call quality is much better when I am calling a European destination (Eg. Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, UK) than when I am calling a North America destination.

This suggests that other factors besides Voxalot are affecting the call quality, and is probably due to the carrier terminating the call to the PSTN number in that particular location.

910198 04-18-2009 05:06 PM

I agree with you, Kurun.

But the original point is the fact that JustVoIP (and I would say Betamax VSP) does not accept the re-invites from Voxalot when the "Optimize Audio Path" option is checked. That is why I suggested Voxalot to verify with Betamax what is necessary to remove Voxalot of the path between the end user and the Betamax servers.

Regards!

910198 04-20-2009 05:59 PM

Voxalot still in the audio path.

After a message to JustVoIP Customer Assistance, there was two way audio with the "Optimize Audio Path" option enabled, but yet with the same experience as described by Boatman:

Quote:

The best I could do with voipdiscount (also Betamax) was direct RTP packets in one direction only. The other way always went through Voxalot.
Does anyone know why the audio path is not direct in both directions with "Optimize Audio Path" option enabled?

Just in case, the "Symmetric NAT Handling" option is set to "No".

Thank you.

boatman 04-20-2009 06:38 PM

By capturing SIP packets I can see that Voxalot first establishes the audio path (RTP packets) through their servers (following SIP protocol Voxalot sends the voice session description details inside a SIP/SDP packet during initial SIP negotiation). A few seconds later if certain conditions are met (including "optimize audio path" set yes in your account) Voxalot will attempt to reroute the audio path directly from one endpoint to the other. This is where things go wrong, apparently Betamax servers accept only the first Session Description and therefore continue to send voice packets through Voxalot instead of directly to your IP phone.

910198 04-24-2009 01:31 PM

Does anyone have a different experience about optimizing audio path with some Betamax VSP?

Cyberian75 07-21-2009 04:20 PM

That option doesn't work with VoIPBuster, either.