Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voicemail issues (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2983)

talhezki 04-09-2008 04:15 PM

Voicemail issues

Hello All,

I wanted to raise an issue regarding the voicemail.
for some strange reason, when i am not connected to the voxalot service, and ONLY then, when someone calls me he hears nothing for 25 seconds and then forwarded to the voicemail. Theoretically he should be forwarded to the voicemail right away.
i would like to add that if i AM connected, and rejects the incoming call the caller is being forwarded to voicemail with no problems.

again < when not connected caller hears nothing for 25 sec then voicemail>

*i have recorded both unavailable message, busy message, name and temporary greeting. It seems that i am unable to return to defaults.

Can someone clear out those issues?

Thanks

emoci 04-09-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talhezki (Post 16181)
Hello All,

I wanted to raise an issue regarding the voicemail.
for some strange reason, when i am not connected to the voxalot service, and ONLY then, when someone calls me he hears nothing for 25 seconds and then forwarded to the voicemail. Theoretically he should be forwarded to the voicemail right away.
i would like to add that if i AM connected, and rejects the incoming call the caller is being forwarded to voicemail with no problems.

again < when not connected caller hears nothing for 25 sec then voicemail>

*i have recorded both unavailable message, busy message, name and temporary greeting. It seems that i am unable to return to defaults.

Can someone clear out those issues?

Thanks

In regards to
"*i have recorded both unavailable message, busy message, name and temporary greeting. It seems that i am unable to return to defaults"

I know that all you need to record is the unavailbale message....in any case will play with my VM when I get a chance tonight, I am sure you can erase the greetings.....but can't tell you how of the top of my head right now...

As for the issue that VM is still delayed when you are disconnected, could you elaborate on what you are using to register with VoXalot and how are you testing the incoming calls a bit further......

talhezki 04-09-2008 08:02 PM

Well surprisingly all is suddenly good, and VM kiks in right away, but anyhow is you want to trublshot what happened:
I am using nokias voip platform, or sometimes fring. i would like to add that EVERYTHING works perfectly good and voice quality is superb when using the nokia built-in voip app, fring is not that good (guess coz of the codec).
Anyways, when im registered (most of the day with the E65) all is working good, im receiving calls from several sources (mysipswitch- which is registered with few international numbers, tringme- for web and email calls, and fowarding from another voip service). Again- everything works well.
test call to myself using tringme works fine, but when I was not connected to voxalot the latter mentioned happens.
Also when someone called me on one of the international numbers (who are configured to forward to voxalot <<didww.com>> calls are received well, when not connected there was silence for 25 seconds and then the VM.
Thanks for your help

than30fyl 04-15-2008 09:43 AM

Voicemail takes over all incomming calls.

Hello everybody,

This is my first post so first of all i'd like to thank for this great service!

I've recently created my voxalot account (basic) but i have the following issue with voicemail. Although i setup 90 seconds before voicemail takes over i get no incomming call to my softphone. Instead the voicemail just gets the incomming call and then i get the email notification of a new voicemail in my box.
If I disable the voicemail then incomming calls are routed to my softphone correctly.

Am i missing some setting? - help please.

best regards.
~thanasis

than30fyl 04-16-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by than30fyl (Post 16254)
Hello everybody,

This is my first post so first of all i'd like to thank for this great service!

I've recently created my voxalot account (basic) but i have the following issue with voicemail. Although i setup 90 seconds before voicemail takes over i get no incomming call to my softphone. Instead the voicemail just gets the incomming call and then i get the email notification of a new voicemail in my box.
If I disable the voicemail then incomming calls are routed to my softphone correctly.

Am i missing some setting? - help please.

best regards.
~thanasis

I get This same strange behavior with all the softphones i have tested (X-Lite, SJPhone, Zoiper free). I am registering with eu.voxalot.com.

~thanasis

than30fyl 04-17-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by than30fyl (Post 16257)
I get This same strange behavior with all the softphones i have tested (X-Lite, SJPhone, Zoiper free). I am registering with eu.voxalot.com.

~thanasis

The same if i register with ATA (fritz.box 7140)

Is there anything more i could test?

~thanasis

kurun 04-18-2008 04:32 AM

That behaviour seems quite out of the ordinary.

Are you behind a firewall?
Are you able to forward ports to your IP phone?
Can you try logging onto another Voxalot server (us or au) ?
Please make the servere entry on you member log-in page match the server you are logging onto.

than30fyl 04-18-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 16273)
That behaviour seems quite out of the ordinary.

Are you behind a firewall?
Are you able to forward ports to your IP phone?
Can you try logging onto another Voxalot server (us or au) ?
Please make the servere entry on you member log-in page match the server you are logging onto.

Thanks for your reply, Unfortunatelly us.voxalot.com did not fix this, nor did the "Symmetric NAT Handling..." (both yes and no work the same).

These are my settings at my Voxalot account:
Preffered cluster: eu.voxalot.com (same goes with us.voxalot.com)
Symetric NAT Handling...: Yes (same goes with No)

These are my settings at x-Lite:
Domain: eu.voxalot.com:2060 (tested also 80,443,5060 same behaviour)
Register with the domain and receive incomming calls: (Checked=yes)
Radio set to Target domain (same happens with domain and proxy setting)

I have also tried changing my softphone with others (sjPhone, zoiper) and also an ATA which is placed on a different network and with a different user name. It does not seem like a firewall NAT issue because the phone is working perfectly besides the Voicemail issue.

It seems to me that any new account created will have the same behaviour...

The voicemail (if activated) will pickup the call imediately or after one ring. (once the voicemail pickedup the phone after 2 rings instead of 30sec, and once it did not pickup even after 5-6 rings - thought it was fixed. this happend with us.voxalot.com but next call was picked up imediately even using us.voxalot.com - no setting changed). The time specified in the Voicemail is 30-90 seconds (no difference to the behaviour).

Thanks for your time.
~thanasis

ctylor 04-18-2008 07:27 PM

Question: What happens when you specify another time interval than 90 seconds--for instance, 10 or 20 or 25 seconds; does it at least work properly then?

It could be that the system barfs when you give it such an unusual time. It might be programmed to reject anything bigger than 45 or 60 seconds.

than30fyl 04-24-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctylor (Post 16284)
Question: What happens when you specify another time interval than 90 seconds--for instance, 10 or 20 or 25 seconds; does it at least work properly then?

It could be that the system barfs when you give it such an unusual time. It might be programmed to reject anything bigger than 45 or 60 seconds.

Thanks a lot. Indeed after setting up for 30 seconds it seems to be working fine. I never thought that 90 sec would be too much time...

Thanks again.
~thanasis