Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Outbound call using Voipstunt not working (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1195)

casch 03-20-2007 09:31 AM

'reverse masquerading' ?

Again I'd like to ask if it were possible do s.th. like 'reverse masqueradin' so that the IP-address of the voxalot-client is forwarded to the Voip-Provider by voxalot, as if the voxalot-client were directly registered at the provider (betamax).

Voxalot would became a kind of transparent Voip-provider.
Well of course I don't know if voxalot would like this idea?

This would eliminate the problem of having to many minutes per IP-Adrress.

Calli

andy 03-20-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casch (Post 6956)
Again I'd like to ask if it were possible do s.th. like 'reverse masqueradin' so that the IP-address of the voxalot-client is forwarded to the Voip-Provider by voxalot, as if the voxalot-client were directly registered at the provider (betamax).

Is this actually possible, or permissible? And then ...

Let's say I use Voxalot mobile callback.

I have no internet connection or registered ATA. What is my IP address?

Hmmm, perhaps I've just realised something; maybe this is why some people are still getting some connectivity on some servers and I'm not.

martin 03-20-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 6957)
Is this actually possible, or permissible? And then ...

Let's say I use Voxalot mobile callback.

I have no internet connection or registered ATA. What is my IP address?

Hmmm, perhaps I've just realised something; maybe this is why some people are still getting some connectivity on some servers and I'm not.

In this scenario the IP address is that of your "Preferred Server" selected on the member details page.

andy 03-20-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 6958)
In this scenario the IP address is that of your "Preferred Server" selected on the member details page.

Thanks Martin, that's what I thought.

But where people mention above that they still had some calls on say the US server, I was getting nothing from mobile use.

So it just occurred to me as a possibility that maybe you had a small range of addresses per server, and some but not all were recognised by Betamax. Only a wild guess about stuff I know little about ...

martin 03-20-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 6959)
Thanks Martin, that's what I thought.

But where people mention above that they still had some calls on say the US server, I was getting nothing from mobile use.

So it just occurred to me as a possibility that maybe you had a small range of addresses per server, and some but not all were recognised by Betamax. Only a wild guess about stuff I know little about ...

Yes your right again. The U.S. ranges are split by account number:

100000-499999 - Server 1
500000-999999 - Server 2

or there abouts.

eliafino 03-20-2007 10:05 AM

Betamax GmbH & Co KG
Im Mediapark 8
50670 Köln

Tel.: +49 221 55 40 55 64
Fax: +49 221 3 54 95 64

Tel.: +49-221-3549565
Fax: +49-221-3549566

Tel.: +49-(221)-35-49-567
Fax: +49-(221)-35-49-568

I have been send entire post "Why blocking remote PBX -> VoXaLot & PBXes?" in the VB forum at these fax:
Fax: +49 221 3549564
Fax: +49-221-3549566

No answer by Betamax? Go by sending call & fax...

andy 03-20-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 6960)
Yes your right again. The U.S. ranges are split by account number:

100000-499999 - Server 1
500000-999999 - Server 2

or there abouts.

hmmmm, interesting

my main account so far starts with 4, and I set up another a few days ago, maybe to play with VoxCallMe later, that starts in 6

perhaps I should try the other Voxalot account?

martin 03-20-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 6962)
hmmmm, interesting

my main account so far starts with 4, and I set up another a few days ago, maybe to play with VoxCallMe later, that starts in 6

perhaps I should try the other Voxalot account?

Yes you should. Remember this split only applies to Web / Mobile callbacks to help balance the load. If you register a device or phone with VoXaLot the IP address of the proxy that the device is registered to will be the one the VSP sees.

bpere 03-20-2007 10:38 AM

Betamax is a "killer" provider

Although I find voxalot a superb service, the lack of a dial out to PSTN service makes Betamax (I use voipdiscount) a perfect complement to this service.

Now that it seems like Betamax has become incompatible with voxalot, why doesn't voxalot look into providing dial out to PSTN services similar to Betamax and compete head to head with them? I for one would be willing to pay more for my outgoing calls in order to benefit from the voxalot services.

For the time being, I am switching to having my Siemens C450IP register directly to voipbuster, and having my ipkall DID redirected to voipbuster (yes, it seems to work), but I am toying with the idea of getting another device which would allow sending calls to voipbuster and using voxalot for SIP / incoming calls.

andy 03-20-2007 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpere (Post 6969)
Now that it seems like Betamax has become incompatible with voxalot, why doesn't voxalot look into providing dial out to PSTN services similar to Betamax and compete head to head with them? I for one would be willing to pay more for my outgoing calls in order to benefit from the voxalot services.

That's bound to help inspire Betamax confidence :rolleyes:

I don't think Voxalot has seen itself as a call provider so far, and entering this market might need investment on a different scale.

There are plenty of other VoIP providers, most of which are usable with Voxalot, and some with tariffs as low as Betamax. I have never noticed Voxalot express any favouritism to any provider, indeed the whole point of it is to give people flexibility and more choice of providers, so I don't see why changes at one should cause them to review their whole strategy like this.

I hope that Betamax will take the time to inform itself what Voxalot actually is, and thus discover that it enhances its usability for many of its customers.

pranzo 03-20-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpere (Post 6969)
Although I find voxalot a superb service, the lack of a dial out to PSTN service makes Betamax (I use voipdiscount) a perfect complement to this service.

For the time being, I am switching to having my Siemens C450IP register directly to voipbuster, and having my ipkall DID redirected to voipbuster (yes, it seems to work), but I am toying with the idea of getting another device which would allow sending calls to voipbuster and using voxalot for SIP / incoming calls.

I thinks that a easier and more achievable solution, even if less complete, would be to ask to Siemens/Targa to make available a firmware which allows two providers instead only one.

tomblandford 03-20-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 6965)
If you register a device or phone with VoXaLot the IP address of the proxy that the device is registered to will be the one the VSP sees.

Could you explain this in a little more detail (actually, at a level a newbie can understand!). I still haven't sussed out the difference between the "SIP server" and "Outbound Proxy" fields of my Grandstream. What does each mean exactly? What does the outbound proxy do? When should I use it and when should I leave it blank? Can I put something here so that the Voxalot IP is not passed to Betamax when I make a call? What would happen for example if I put eu.voxalot.com as the SIP server and sipage.co.uk as the proxy, or is that just plain crazy?! :rolleyes:

tomblandford 03-20-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliafino (Post 6961)
No answer by Betamax? Go by sending call & fax...

OK, I sent them a fax to all three numbers asking them to unblock Voxalot! Bring on the campaign! Anyone want to join me in Köln to abseil off the building and hang banners? :D

dc2007 03-20-2007 12:14 PM

strangely mine is still working using US server.

twen 03-20-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 6781)
Just so you know, we have also made contact on the phone. The secretary informed us that someone from the group will call us back.

I'm glad you got someone from Betamax. I already called them once for several month (I'm speaking german also :p ) And they didn't want to answer my question. anything is done by email. But they never answer me email either. :(

I hope you get better luck as I am :)

The King 03-20-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6977)
Could you explain this in a little more detail (actually, at a level a newbie can understand!). I still haven't sussed out the difference between the "SIP server" and "Outbound Proxy" fields of my Grandstream. What does each mean exactly? What does the outbound proxy do? When should I use it and when should I leave it blank? Can I put something here so that the Voxalot IP is not passed to Betamax when I make a call? What would happen for example if I put eu.voxalot.com as the SIP server and sipage.co.uk as the proxy, or is that just plain crazy?! :rolleyes:

Very good post, as a fellow grandstream user I second this question!

eliafino 03-20-2007 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gteddy (Post 6987)
hi,

did anybody try to call with an alternative software client?
not only voxlaot calls are blocked :mad: because calls with
x-lite, sjphone etc. are also not possible.

i found in a german voip forum that the betamax' own softphone is sending user information (userid, currency, call destination etc) using http.

no wonder that we aren't able to make any sip calls with betamax products:mad: for my person, i have enough from betamax. i don't thinke they will refund my money. as soon as i have used it up including free days, i will forget betamax forever.

does someone have any recommendation for a serious and reliable VSPs?

This is only for Justvoip...

Lanh 03-21-2007 07:12 AM

I've given in and switched to the US server, just hope that one doesn't get duffered too!

sinko 03-21-2007 08:32 AM

I also have problems using betamax through SPA-3102 which is registered on the voxalot server. I have a few questions and concerns, and as a fairly new user of SIP I may learn something about SIP communications in the process.

I use one of the Betamax accounts in the GATEWAY section of SPA-3102 and I am trying to make calls utilizing the dial plan (SPA-3102 dial plan not the one on voxalot server) which is tied into Betamax server by username and password as well as sip.voipbuster.com but I get busy signal.

Does Betamax see my voxalot registration even though I use gateway (dial plan on SPA-3102) information to call? If yes, I do not see why because my SPA has its own IP address and there must be a way of utilizing Gateway through my own IP and not voxalot's IP even though the SPA is registered on voxalot server. Please help. What if I use STUN server, does it bypass sending the voxalot IP to Betamax?

pranzo 03-21-2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblandford (Post 6977)

Very very intriguing question, it does interest me, too.

By the way, the reading of a long and deep thread is difficult for me, in both linear mode and threated one. I fear to not recognize any potential answer to the previous message. Can anyone suggest to me the proper way to keep track of the new messages in a long thread?

martin 03-21-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranzo (Post 7023)
By the way, the reading of a long and deep thread is difficult for me, in both linear mode and threated one. I fear to not recognize any potential answer to the previous message. Can anyone suggest to me the proper way to keep track of the new messages in a long thread?

At the top of the page is a link "New Posts"

Clicking this link will display the new posts since you last logged on.

pranzo 03-21-2007 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7024)
At the top of the page is a link "New Posts"

Clicking this link will display the new posts since you last logged on.

Thanks. Maybe I have not well understood your suggestion.
"New Posts" lists the thread containing new posts. But when I select the current thread, there are many truncated arms indicated by "More replies below current depth" which puzzle me.

andy 03-21-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranzo (Post 7023)
Very very intriguing question, it does interest me, too.

I tend to read in linear mode, as people usually quote the post they are replying to, even if that is a few back when looked at like this.

In threaded mode, I find the branching seems to break it up more. And some people may insert more than one quote and from different parts anyway.

Overall, I think we just have to be nerdy and read it all more than once.

Mesmer 03-21-2007 11:49 AM

au.voxalot appears to have been blocked by voipdiscount today. :( It was working for me yesterday.

Mesmer 03-21-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesmer (Post 7034)
au.voxalot appears to have been blocked by voipdiscount today. :( It was working for me yesterday.

False alarm - seems to be working again now. :)

The King 03-21-2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesmer (Post 7034)

Me too, though sometimes the US server still works, I believe this is because, as martin mentioned, there is more than one US server, with only some being blocked just yet.

The King 03-21-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mesmer (Post 7036)
False alarm - seems to be working again now. :)

Oh, I'll reset mine when I get home and see if it is back up.

amgra 03-21-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy (Post 6974)
I have never noticed Voxalot express any favouritism to any provider, indeed the whole point of it is to give people flexibility and more choice of providers, so I don't see why changes at one should cause them to review their whole strategy like this.

Amen for this, I agree totally with you, voxalot is great for this. Thank you :rolleyes:

wilsonhlacerda 03-21-2007 03:52 PM

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I was registered in US cluster till yesterday. Everything was working fine. Today Betamax (lowratevoip) blocked me.

Now I've tried Europe and it's also blocked. But Australia is ok. I'm now registered via the voxalot australian cluster (what's bad for me because it is in the other side of the globe).

I hope Betamax hear from us and solve this issue with voxalot asap.

Lanh 03-22-2007 03:52 PM

US server still working fine here, (Voipbusterpro).

Zarkov 03-23-2007 12:56 PM

dunno if its just me or not, but i changed to the AU cluster last night to try the voipdiscount dialplans i have setup and i still got the fast pips.
I left it overnight and tried again just now and still got the same.
Have Betamax finally blocked all voxalot clusters or am i doing something wrong?

ive changed back to the eu cluster now seeing as thats the closest to me.

The King 03-23-2007 01:45 PM

I think Martin said that some of the US clusters are still working, I am managing to make calls using the US cluster, the AU server also stopped working for me.

belchie 03-23-2007 03:26 PM

I've reverted back to the US server and I'm finding that Betamax's Poivy service works far more often that not, but will not work at all when dialling London 0208 numbers...and i've tried many many times.

I have no idea why this could be other than random chance. Or could it be that Voxalot directs calls to London numbers exclusively through the blocked US server :confused:

tomblandford 03-23-2007 06:58 PM

Don't add credit to JustVoip

Quote:

Originally Posted by foneboxx in another thread (Post 7101)
does someone have the justvoip trick to use SIP?
Thanx a lot

Betamax's JustVoip dos not allow SIP. You'll just get 200 text messages for your €10! On the VoipBuster forum it is reported that Betamax are not allowing SIP EVER :eek:. Seems like they are really turning against SIP users. I think they want a Skype replacement for the masses out there who can't (or can't be arsed to) use SIP.

I applied for a refund through Paypal and it was granted in 15 minutes. What's even better is my credit remains for now, so I may be able to use it for SMS later. Way to go Betamax! ;)

foneboxx 03-24-2007 06:02 AM

Regarding Justvoip...Wht is strange is that, using my asterisk to register it and using sip.justvoip.com seems fine...It registers through my trixbox but i get a busy tone when using Justvoip as trunk.
So the question is: How can something which is not sip can register well through the PBX with a sip registrar?:eek:
Strange...Come on guys,we can find a solution for this!

pranzo 03-24-2007 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foneboxx (Post 7136)
Regarding Justvoip...Wht is strange is that, using my asterisk to register it and using sip.justvoip.com seems fine...It registers through my trixbox but i get a busy tone when using Justvoip as trunk.
So the question is: How can something which is not sip can register well through the PBX with a sip registrar?:eek:
Strange...Come on guys,we can find a solution for this!

I am able to register and receive incoming calls, but not to call outside.

foneboxx 03-24-2007 10:07 AM

Yep and that's the big problem...How come we can register, receive incoming calls to something which is not SIP? Strange huh?
I think that the problem is the outbound proxy to find or something else, but sip.justvoip.com is correct as registrar, we got that right.
Now receiving calls seems to work, we all need to find out why calling out is impossible even after buying credit...
Another precision i have to make: I'm using the justvoip account on my asterisk WITHOUT registering that account on voxalot.
To PRANZO: Are you using voxalot or a registration directly by your sip hard or softphone?
Thanx...

pranzo 03-24-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foneboxx (Post 7152)
To PRANZO: Are you using voxalot or a registration directly by your sip hard or softphone?
Thanx...

By a softphone (X-Lite). I tried to use it when the sip server address was not known yet. First I used Ethereal with the JustVoip softphone to snip the traffic and after some trials I guess the right IP.

foneboxx 03-24-2007 08:37 PM

Right IP? well could you tell us which one please?

pranzo 03-24-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foneboxx (Post 7177)
Right IP? well could you tell us which one please?

Try 194.120.0.193 and 80.239.235.173 and let me know if also you are able to receive calls.