Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Call Forwarding (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3967)

smithwithani 04-14-2009 09:33 PM

Register Voice Service Provider for Call Forwarding

I have a DID with DIDWW and also have set up a Hunt Group with them. The entry in the hunt group goes to my Justvoip acct and rigns for 15 sec...The second entry in the hunt group goes to my Voxalot acct.

When I have my Voxalot voicemail active it gets the call and saves a message. So it appears that my Voxalot acct is working and the voicemail is working.

When I set the voice mail to "off" and try to have a call forwarded when received, nothing seems to work.

I have tried to register my justvoip acct with voxalot and the screen says pending for a while then it doesn't say anything. I never get a registered, failed, or any other indication.

I may be putting in the wrong info to setup the "Voice Service Provider" but it seems pretty straight forward.

Can anyone give me what the parameters should be for Justvoip?

I am try to forward the call from Voxalot to a number in Chicago using the justvoip as the voip service.

Thanks

smithwithani 04-15-2009 06:50 PM

How do I register a Voice Service Provider

How do I register a Voice Service Provider if the us server is down? Is there a way to use the other servers?

kurun 04-16-2009 01:52 AM

Yes, you can use the other servers.
The simple way is to change your SIP Server and/or Outbound Proxy to a different server.
us.voxalot.com
au.voxalot.com
eu.voxalot.com

See a typical set-up in the Wiki
Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ
Please also match the preferred cluster in your log-in page to the selected server.

smithwithani 04-16-2009 06:15 PM

Call Forwarding

I may be off base with my thoughts of how to set this up but I still can't get this call forwarding to work.

Here is what I have setup:
1. My DID number is with DIDWW.com

2. With DIDWW I have a Hunt group set up to ring my Justvoip sip account first. When someone dials my DID number the hunt group sends the call and if I answer with 20 seconds the Hunt Group stops...I have answered the call.

3. If I don't answer the call the the Hunt group goes to the second entry, which is to send the call to my Voxalot acct.

4. I have my voxalot account set thru "Call Connection" Inbound number = to go to voicemail. and voicemail active=yes.

4. Everything with that scenario works perfect.
============================
Now I want to change the voice mail to inactive....and also set the "Call Connection Rule" to Handling Logic Connect to "Phone Number"... and I have entered a phone number to forward to. I have also selected a provider that I have set up in "Voice Service Providers"

When someone dial my number my phone rings for the 15secs I have set in the "Hunt Group" then the hunt group proceeds to step 2 and should ring in and forward my call to the number I have set in Call Forward. But what happens is you hear a busy signal.

WHen I have it all set to go to voice mail it work fine, but when I try to use the call forward it does not work.

Could I have the parameters set wrong in the VSP settings?
I have my username set, my password set, and the domain set as sip.justvoip.com (not sure that is correct) and I have Active YES and SIP Register YES

I do not receive calls thru Voxalot and my ATA is working fine to receive calls.
The only thing I want Voxalot to do is call forward an inbound call to a special PSTN telephone number that I use for voicemail and fax.

Any help would be appreciated.

kurun 04-16-2009 11:59 PM

Have you tested your DID to forward to the Voxalot Account without a Hunt group active, and check if it rings correctly?

Can you test again if the forwarding through Voxalot and your provider works correctly?

Do you know if the incoming call is not exceeding the Ring timeout when the hunt group is active?

It sounds like you are directing the call first to the Just Voip account, and then to the Voxalot account to Forward through Justvoip.
This may create some condition that Justvoip does not support.
You may want to try the Voxalot forwarding through another provider instead or through Sipbroker to another VoIP account..

smithwithani 04-17-2009 03:26 PM

Just another Lost Customer

I have done all the tests you recommended.

At this point I have thrown up my arms and tossed in the towel as they say.

I have given up on Voxalot. I paid to upgrade to "Premium Member" and nothing has worked. When I was in the "Free" status I used it for voicemail and it worked fine. I just needed the voicemail to answer with our names rather than say you have reached mailbox number xxxx which sounds unprofessional.

By going to "Premium" I should have been able to register a sip account and forward my calls to another PSTN that I have paid voicemail on.

That just didn't work. I did try all your suggestions, including using another sip provider. Had that provider registered and no luck.

So I have given up on Voxalot and they have won the $15 upgrade fee.

I will go back to a different system and stop losing time and money over voxalot. Their system was down for nearly 3 days. They blame it on "ServerBeach".

So, the outcome is simple. I have lost $15 and they have lost a customer and that customers recommendations.

As a website hosting company and dialup ISP I do know the importance of servers running 24/7 without downtime and they either can't run a server themselves or they have put too much faith in "ServerBeach"

Gary

sleek 04-17-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithwithani (Post 22811)
I just needed the voicemail to answer with our names rather than say you have reached mailbox number xxxx which sounds unprofessional.

You can change your name and greetings by dialing *500 with your password then pressing 0 for mailbox options. Plus, if you had enabled SRV DNS on your device you wouldn't have noticed any downtime at all.

smithwithani 04-17-2009 08:57 PM

I have been trying to explain desparately in these posts that I do not have my ATA setup to call thru voxalot. So I can't dial *500, nor can I set my SIP server or outbound proxy to the eu. au. us. servers.

The plan was simple....I used voxalot only for voicemail. My DID would use a Hunt Group...step 1 was to ring my ATA setup with Justvoip (Betamax)...if I did not answer the phone in 20 secs.... then step 2 would go to my voxalot and the voice mail at voxalot would pick up.......that scenario worked fine and was usable from the "Free Voxalot acct"

I then decided to try instead of going to my Vox voicemail, I would have it use "Call connection/call forward" and ring a PSTN where I have a paid for voicemail service. I could not for the life of me get it to work. So I just gave up.

I added 2 different SIP services, tried them unregistered and registered. Just about every other combo I could think of. Nothing.

There is nothing I can find anywhere on the site that says I have to point my ATA to voxalot. If you follow the steps on the site to go to voice mail you don't have to either. Then just changing the path from voicemail to call connection you still should not have to point your ATA to vox. With it not pointed to vox you can not dial *500 or *600 or whatever.

emoci 04-18-2009 05:35 AM

What VSP are you using to handle the forward from VoXalot to the third party DID number?

From what I understand,

DIDWW number:
1) Forward from DIDWW to via SIP to JustVoip
2) If no answer within specified time above, forward to VoXalot via SIP
(VoXalot then forwards to a PSTN number using a VSP you choose).

Any chance the VSP you're using for forwarding belongs to the BetaMax family?

Also I suggest you set: Match By: "Any Inbound Number or Provider"

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithwithani (Post 22816)

There is nothing I can find anywhere on the site that says I have to point my ATA to voxalot. If you follow the steps on the site to go to voice mail you don't have to either. Then just changing the path from voicemail to call connection you still should not have to point your ATA to vox. With it not pointed to vox you can not dial *500 or *600 or whatever.

If you want to be really technical about it, you can have your ATA registered with any provider you wish and still manage to reach *500 and *600 just fine.

It is true as it has been noted above that you can customize the VM greeting in VoXalot to say whatever you want, so you may not have needed to pay for a third party VM service.

All that said, you're correct however that none of the above explains why the the forwarding to PSTN via VoXalot is not working... by all accounts it should be ...

My suspicion is that either you're using a BetaMax provider for the forwarding (they've been known to act up), or the server downtime interfered with the Call Forwarding feature...in which case it should now be working...

In any case, I understand your frustration, but I am sure we can resolve it (if you've got the patience to tinker with a few more settings )

smithwithani 04-20-2009 06:30 PM

Case closed

I have finally accomplished what I intended to do.

By setting up voxalot on my ATA line2 (I have a Linksys SPA 2102) I was able to dial *500 and access voicemail. I changed my messages accordingly.

I set up my account with DIDWW to use a Hunt Group with 2 mappings. The first rings my Justvoip(Betamax) account on my ATA for 20 secs....if I don't pickup then the second stage in the hunt group kicks in and rings my Voxalot acct.

On my voxalot account I have nothing but Voicemail active = yes and ring duration = 2 secs. I do not have a VSP registered, call connection(call forward) set or anything else.....Just Voicemail active = yes.

So when I don't answer the phone in 20 secs it jumps to voxalot voicemal and the message is taken and sent to me via email.

This has put my mind through the ringer, but persistance has paid off. All this because Justvoip(Betamax) does not offer voicemail.....and for $15 a year I can have Voxalot voicemail.

If only this procedure was explained on Voxalot it would have saved me days of trial and error, 1 bottle of aspirins, and 2 no maybe 3 rolls of Rolaids. Not counting the beer it took to forget the day of trial and failure.

Now working and waiting for my phone to ring, so I don't have to answer and let it go to voicemail.