Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Call Forward times - Which time zone? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2489)

bryanford 11-01-2007 12:10 PM

Call Forward times - Which time zone?

I'm in Sydney AU and we are GMT +11hrs at the moment due to Daylight savings.

Is there an option somewhere for daylight savings adjustments or do I just have to change my Timezone to the Solomon Islands for my Call Forward times to be accurate?

Bryan

p.s. why doesnt my name show Premium member :(

emoci 11-01-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanford (Post 13775)
I'm in Sydney AU and we are GMT +11hrs at the moment due to Daylight savings.

Is there an option somewhere for daylight savings adjustments or do I just have to change my Timezone to the Solomon Islands for my Call Forward times to be accurate?

Bryan

p.s. why doesnt my name show Premium member :(

Well, it should pick up daylight savings automatically, but if it doesn't then changing over to a timezone with the right time difference will do the trick...

As for status, make sure your forum username is linked to your account. Once it's been entered it'll take aout 24 hours for the status to update in your forum profile.

craig 11-01-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 13777)
Well, it should pick up daylight savings automatically, but if it doesn't then changing over to a timezone with the right time difference will do the trick...

As Emoci says, it should just work automatically. Are you having problems?

--
Craig

bryanford 11-01-2007 09:42 PM

Yeah I did some testing last night.

The local time was 10:15pm and I set up a call divert for Thursdays between 2200 and 2230

When I called the number, the call rang on my ATA and wasnt diverted.

If I changed the times to 2300 and 2330 it worked fine. Also worked fine if I changed my Time Zone to +1100

Not a big drama I guess. But would be one less worry for me.

craig 11-01-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryanford (Post 13801)
If I changed the times to 2300 and 2330 it worked fine. Also worked fine if I changed my Time Zone to +1100

Hmm... thanks for the pointer. It shouldn't work like that. I will investigate on our side.

In the meantime, as you suggest, you can temporarily change your timezone. The only problem is that once I rectify the problem on our server, you will now be an hour out again :-)

You might want to watch this thread so you know when to change it back. Apologies for the inconvenience.

--
Craig

bryanford 11-01-2007 10:27 PM

Thanks for that... I haven't got any forwarding set up yet as I was only testing last night.

Cheers

Bry

herman 11-02-2007 08:22 PM

It seems to work the same in the UK, although I haven't checked now that we are no longer on summer time

martin 11-10-2007 10:02 AM

Unfortunately the system does not automatically adjust for daylight savings.

The way it stands now you must change your timezone to reflect the GMT offset.