Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Multiple Incoming accounts (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1584)

arsaboo 05-16-2007 03:37 PM

Multiple Incoming accounts

Hi All,

I am sorry if this has been asked earlier, but I could not find it. I have multiple voip accounts (FWD, Voipuser, etc.) and I want to link all of them to my voxalot account, so that whenever anyone calls on any of my accounts the call is automatically routed to my Voxalot account and I do not miss them.

One option is to set up multiple accounts on the softphone, but I am sure there should be some way that voxalot should aggregate all the incoming calls to one account.

Kindly help,

Regards,

Alok R Saboo

tomblandford 05-16-2007 03:57 PM

That's exactly what Voxalot lets you do. Register an account and add all your providers to it. Select SIP register = yes on any accounts that you want incoming calls. Then register your phone/softphone to Voxalot and no other providers. You will also get a single voicemail system through Voxalot so you can turn off voicemail for each individual provider. To make outgoing calls with Voxalot you then need to add some dial plans and select the account to route calls to. You'll never look back! :)

affinity 05-16-2007 04:10 PM

Hi Alok,

Okay there are a couple of things you should do. Start with FWD, set it up to forward to your Voxalot account - this can be done quite easily. Once you work out how that is done, see if you can do the same with as many of your other providers as you can. These providers should be set to "NO" for Sip Register if they can be setup to forward the calls to your Voxalot account as FWD can.

For all providers that cannot do the forwarding to your Voxalot account, you will need to set them up in Voxalot with "YES" for SIP Register. Note that this register feature will be a premium service option only at some stage in the near future, ie it will require a paid membership of Voxalot.

If you can avoid the need to set SIP Register to "YES" for any or preferably all of your providers, then please do so.

Now for any providers that you wish to call out via Voxalot, you need to enter the provider details and set "YES" for active. You ONLY set "YES" for SIP Register for the ones that cannot do the forwarding as FWD can do to the Voxalot account AND you require incoming calls from that provider. Also note that some providers may actually require to be registered in order to make calls; other providers may allow you to make authenticated calls without requiring the SIP account to be registered.

You _should_ only need your ATA registered to Voxalot. Any incoming calls will be forwarded [such as FWD and any others that will forward] to your Voxalot account. The other incoming calls come in by virtue of the "YES" for SIP Register. You Voxalot registered ATA is your catch all.

Kind Regards
AndrewM

arsaboo 05-17-2007 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 8933)
Start with FWD, set it up to forward to your Voxalot account - this can be done quite easily.

I am using the SIP Forward uri in the Extra Features section in FWD. My Sip URI is sip:[Voxalot id]@voxalot.com. I hope this is the best way.

Let me know if there is a better way.

Regards,

Alok