Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   sorry, number you have dialed cannot be connected (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=6951)

786553 10-22-2010 01:18 PM

sorry, number you have dialed cannot be connected

Dear all,
i am getting below message when i am dialing a external number, through service provider, my service provider is nymgo
"sorry, number you have dialed cannot be connected"

Ron 10-23-2010 03:33 PM

That's usually an indication of a Dial Plan error - no Dial Plan entries are matching the number received by Voxalot.

786553 10-24-2010 08:23 AM

Dear Ron,

Below are my settings for voice service provider and dial plan settings.
F.Y.I...My voice provider userid and voxalot userid are same "786553"

Provider nymgo 786553 ata.nymgo.com 786553 g729;g723;g726;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw ata.nymgo.com 5060 Y N
DialPlan 102 _00XX. ${EXTEN} Default dial plan (created by Voxalot) to handle external numbers nymgo Y N ${EXTEN} N N

Ron 10-24-2010 05:03 PM

What is the response when you type the requested number into the TEST area at the bottom of the Dial Plan page? If you get the expected result, then the problem may be that your ATA/SIP client is presenting the dialed number to Voxalot in a format different from what you're assuming it is.

786553 10-27-2010 06:26 AM

Dear Ron,

The response when I type the requested number into the TEST area at the bottom of the Dial Plan page, The results are as expected "A call to:xxxxxxxxxxx will get forwarded to xxxxxxxxxxx via nymgo"

boatman 10-27-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 33159)
...the problem may be that your ATA/SIP client is presenting the dialed number to Voxalot in a format different from what you're assuming it is.

I agree, better have a look at what's actually being sent by your ATA/SIP client. If you happen to be using a Linksys ATA reload the web configuration page immediately after completion of dialing, then look what is shown in "Call 1 Peer Phone:".

786553 10-28-2010 05:38 PM

Dear sir,

1. how look at what's actually being sent by your ATA/SIP client.
2. i am using a Linksys.
3. can you guide me, how to look what is shown in "Call 1 Peer Phone:

in one word can you teach me how set up linksys to solve this problem.

boatman 10-28-2010 07:28 PM

Peer Phone

Peer Phone details are shown on the Info tab of your Linksys' configuration page. As you probably know, the Linksys' configuration page is accessed using a web browser. Reload or refresh your browser while viewing the Linksys' configuration page while the ATA is attempting the call, but before the call attempt has failed. You should then be able to see what number is being dialed. The number shown will be the actual number sent after any modifications introduced by your dial plan. This is a good way to make sure your ATA is sending what you think it's sending.

786553 12-27-2010 11:13 AM

before i was able to call voip from my e series nokia mobile. my sip settings were configured for voxalot, from there my call was forwarded through nymgo to destination, but now i am unable to make calls, always i am getting message "sorry number you have dialed couldn't be connected, try again...can you help me to resolve this issue. this is happening from last 6 months.