Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Can't call out! (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=571)

kendid 10-13-2006 09:41 AM

Can't call out!

Been having this problem for a few days now...

Up until recently Voxalot has been working nearly FLAWLESSLY for me.

Now, incoming calls don't go through

And I can't dialout. I have 2 providers (voxee, mutualphone) and can't call out with either of them. When I try I get dead air or busy signal.

Anyone else with the same problem??? (my id xxxxxx)

I haven't changed anything with my dialplans or providers either...

Ron 10-13-2006 09:49 AM

I use Voxee and it's working fine here (I just made a test call to make sure). I'm on the voxalot.com server.

Ron

kendid 10-13-2006 11:06 AM

Seems incoming is working fine now, but still no luck on dialing out...

If I configure my ATA device to go directly through Voxee there is no problem///

Update: Just tried to call out again and got through one call with mutualphone. With voxee it's still not correct, rings a few tiems and then a busy signal

kendid 10-13-2006 11:16 AM

Wierd, now it's working perfectly...

Must now pay homage to the VOIP gods and sacrifice a can of coke

ctylor 10-13-2006 06:18 PM

Voxee is not working right now, their system has massively failed it seems. (At least to any of the North America numbers I've called today or yesterday, through Voxalot and through a line calling out directly through the Voxee proxy.) So ignore them from your calculations or Voxalot bug reports. I am going to be changing providers from them, Voxee is too unreliable.

Ron 10-13-2006 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctylor (Post 3462)
Voxee is not working right now, their system has massively failed it seems. (At least to any of the North America numbers I've called today or yesterday, through Voxalot and through a line calling out directly through the Voxee proxy.)

Strange. It's working fine for me calling inside the US.

Ron

kendid 10-17-2006 03:43 PM

Still having troubles with mutualphone dialing out, but voxee appears to be working fine... They both had no problems in the past and seems lately there has been trouble with them.

Anyone else able to use mutualphone without problem? I just get ringing and then the busy signal using the g723 codec (g729 does the same)

ctylor 10-17-2006 11:27 PM

Voxee's problem turned out to be a codec issue, which you never would have noticed if you never offered it a choice of codecs to use but told it to use either ulaw/alaw, or G729. As was discovered by a user on the broadband reports VOIP forum, when you allowed both and merely preferred one, Voxee just plain stopped transmitting audio. So the problem with them is correctable (and well and good too, because they offer the useful ability to customize your outbound caller id). I can't speak for Mutualphone, I never subscribed to them.