Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I can make outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2963)

Murphanth 04-02-2008 04:46 AM

I can make outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls

When i first set it up i could receive incoming calls but for some reason i can no longer. The support guy from Engin put in his voxalot account details and it worked fine but when he put my account details back in it didnt work again.

emoci 04-02-2008 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murphanth (Post 16046)
When i first set it up i could receive incoming calls but for some reason i can no longer. The support guy from Engin put in his voxalot account details and it worked fine but when he put my account details back in it didnt work again.

Do you have Engin registered in VoXalot, or is Engin forwarding to your VoXalot SIP URI?

What happens during an Incoming Call?

Murphanth 04-02-2008 05:43 AM

Hi emoci

I dont know. The Engin guy set it up for me. How do i find out?

During an incoming call the phone does not ring and the caller hears an engaged/dead sound.

Sorry for my ignorance - i know very little about how these things work.

craig 04-02-2008 05:44 AM

I can see that your Voxalot account is successfully against Engin, however, the problem is that your ATA is not currently registered with Voxalot.

So, any calls to your Engin number (or your Voxalot number) have nowhere to be sent to. Can you recheck your ATA to make sure that it is registering successfully to Voxalot?

--
Craig

Murphanth 04-02-2008 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig (Post 16051)
I can see that your Voxalot account is successfully against Engin, however, the problem is that your ATA is not currently registered with Voxalot.

So, any calls to your Engin number (or your Voxalot number) have nowhere to be sent to. Can you recheck your ATA to make sure that it is registering successfully to Voxalot?

--
Craig

I have just 'ticked' the Use SIP Outbound Proxy box and the phone will now accept incoming calls but the original problem has returned - it rings twice and then goes dead. Any idea why?

Murphanth 04-02-2008 05:56 AM

if i answer the phone within those two rings it works fine, but if i let it ring it goes dead after two rings.

emoci 04-02-2008 05:47 PM

What ATA are you using to register with VoXalot....

See if the setup instructions here help to check if all your settings are as should be Hardware Configuration Settings - Voxalot FAQ

Also, is your VoXalot VoiceMail enabled (this can be checked when you login into the VoXalot website)....I'd suggest disabling VM for now until we deal with the incoming problem first.

craig 04-03-2008 03:18 AM

OK, good to see that now that your ATA is successfully registered with voxalot that you can receive calls.

The fact that it rings a couple of times and then cuts out is nearly always a voicemail setting. As Emoci suggested, it is usually best to turn off voicemail while you're doing diagnostics.

In any case, I took the liberty of checking your voicemail settings, and noticed that the timeout has been set to 5 seconds. If you go to the voicemail page and set it to 30 seconds, does that help?

--
Craig

Murphanth 04-04-2008 08:07 AM

I changed the voicemail ringing duration to 30 seconds and now the phone continues to ring so that solves the problem. Thanks guys! although i would have thought that when the voicemail was switched off the phone would continue to ring beyond the 5 seconds set in the ringing duration. That's ok though, i can just change the ringing duration back to 5 sec each time i turn the voicemail on.

One other question - i want to record a message for callers to hear when they ring. How do it do this?

130166 04-04-2008 09:44 AM

Maybe it is in Tutorial Voicemail.