Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voice part of call dropping at 30 seconds (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2133)

Ambient 08-19-2007 03:36 AM

Voice part of call dropping at 30 seconds

Hi Everyone.

Whilst my D-Link all in one voip router is in for repairs, I decided to bring out my old modem and my Netcomm V100 ata adapter (which, did work fine before). After configuring and the like I make a call and what I'm noticing is that around 30 seconds into the call the voice part just turns off. The call remains connected and I can see data coming down but, no voice.

Strange. So I've tried my 3 different SIP providers directly and there is no problem at all. Go back to using Voxalot and sure enough, every time it'll drop at around 30 seconds.

I'm forwarding ports 5060 and 6000 for both TCP and UDP (the V100 has an RTP baseport option, so I just forwarded it on my NAT anyway) and apart from that there's not a lot of options I can change to diagnose this issue further.

I've tried all combinations with Optimise Audio Path and Symmetric NAT handling on the Voxalot side to no avail as well. Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

Thanks.

martin 08-19-2007 04:02 AM

2 possibilities jump to mind:

1. Your device is attempting a re-invite, failing and subsequently dropping the voice stream

2. There is a NAT related issue where your firewall drops the RTP port.

- Does *600 drop after 30secs?
- Does the callee still hear your voice once the dropout happens?

For now I would keep the "Optimize Audio" set to "No" and the "Symmetric NAT" to yes until you get to the bottom of this problem.

Ambient 08-19-2007 12:38 PM

Hi Martin.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've set those options because I know they were the default behaviour for voxalot for a long time.

Unfortunately the echo test greeting lasts for just over 30 seconds so by the time I start talking, I can't hear myself. So, I tried voicemail with a *500 - was navigating the menus fine and then, nothing.

Tried calling my own home number - was talking to myself fine too; then suddenly the voice part goes, and I gt the standard "I've hung up on you" engaged tone - so the call is actually dropped after 30 seconds though my V100 doesn't seem to detect it.

Sure enough, if I go direct to any SIP it's fine - just not via voxalot. So, I've removed my NAT enteries for it and added my V100's internal IP as DMZ just to make sure and sure enough bzzzt - same problem.

I might try resetting my modem to factory defaults and seeing what happens there.

Thanks.

martin 08-19-2007 09:27 PM

Ambient, please check your PMs.

Ambient 08-19-2007 10:19 PM

Have done so - and replied :)

I'll re-do some more testing and, with any luck, I'll replicate the error again and post results here (for everyone else).

Ambient 08-20-2007 10:02 PM

Just an update for everyone else. I'm using a Seimens Speedstream 6520 modem and when I backed off the firmware to an older verson, this issue went away. I'm starting to wonder if it's BigPond that has somehow managed to disable VOIP calls after 30 seconds via the modem (I'm not using BigPond as my ISP).

I'm still diagnosing this issue with Martin.

Current modem update (that causes this issue) is:

Update_E752_AF5_106-71_a056_v1s

Modem firmware that is a-ok:

Update_E752_AC4_106-29_a056_v1r

Will provide further updates.

calvin_baank 08-22-2007 09:45 AM

I have the exact same problem martin.

But i for server i have to put us.voxalot.com:4060 too otherwise i can't connect.

The funny thing is,
WIth x-lite i don't have to use port 4060 and the call doesn't drop.
I saw that it could not

i can't update my router/modem firmware. Because the ISP is mister funny. I can't even do port forwarding. Only with UPNP.

Please help me

Ambient 08-22-2007 11:00 AM

calvin, do you have the same modem as me?

Martin are I are still diagnosing the issue with some testing; will still advise results soon :)

calvin_baank 08-22-2007 09:01 PM

nope i have a comtrend modem/router and i don't have the admin login password

asta1 10-19-2007 07:00 PM

Martin,
I have the exact same problem. I have VoipBusterPro and VoipDiscount both on a VoxBasic account on the EU server. The voice part of the call just drops after a few seconds and then the call is just blank.....

I tried calling a few toll free *1800 numbers from Voxalot (which do not go through VoipBusterPro / VoipDisount) and noticed that this problem does not occur there.

So, it occurs only when a call is placed through any of the VSPs through Voxalot.....

Hope to see a resolution to this problem soon.....