Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Teething problems. Anyone using OrbTalk / Sipgate ? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1731)

GaryC 06-21-2007 12:41 PM

Teething problems. Anyone using OrbTalk / Sipgate ?

I have OrbTalk and Sipgate set up as my two providers.

I understand that Sipgate are being asshats about things and trying to tie their users down. But has anyone got an idea why OrbTalk is sticking at 'Request Sent' ?

I'm using orbtalk.co.uk with...

Domain: talk.orbtalk.co.uk
Proxy: nat.orbtalk.co.uk
SIP: 5065

Is it just me missing something important ? Or is orbtalk throwing a voxalot tantrum too now ?

regards,

-Gary

martin 06-21-2007 12:51 PM

There are many successfully registered orbtalk entries:

The successful ones use:

host: talk.orbtalk.co.uk
port: 5060

GaryC 06-21-2007 01:05 PM

Yes, I noticed the 5060 in the voxalot 'provider list'

But my pap2t and the orbtalk registration email both read 5065 and it is in this configuration that I've been running successfully for around a month... it seems to only have a problem with voxalot.

I just assumed that they were now splitting the registrations across servers to deal with load possibly. 5065 works on my other equipment.

I've changed the Voxalot entry to 5060 but it still shows as pending and I really have to rush out... I will let you know if that has solved my problem when I get back.

Many thanks for the response Martin,

-Gary

martin 06-21-2007 01:07 PM

No problem. The entries that are failing are using:

nat.orbtalk.co.uk

The ones that are successful are using:

talk.orbtalk.co.uk

GaryC 06-21-2007 01:12 PM

OK, quick update....

With 5060:

- changing the PAP2T to 5060 makes the registration time out
-Tried with eyebeam so I could packet log - same thing, reports 408 'Request Timeout' and no response pkt from orbtalk.
-Changing voxalot to 5060 results is sticking at 'Request Sent' but I expect this given the behaviour of PAP2T and Eyebeam.

With 5065:

- PAP2T 'Just Works' tm
- eyebeam 'Just Works' tm
- Voxalot is sticking at 'Request Sent'

Something odd going on here ? Or am I being a n00b ; )

-Gary

GaryC 06-21-2007 05:15 PM

Martin, you're a star! An absolute star!

Orbtalk sent me...

Dom: talk.orbtalk.co.uk
proxy: nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065

... which works from PAP2T and Eyebeam, but not from here. My mom who signed up for an account shortly after I did also got the 5065 information.

Unfortunately their server at 'nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065' for some reason doesn't like voxalot. This is the information they seem to be giving with new signups.

But the server 'talk.orbtalk.co.uk:5060' and works for all of my devices AND voxalot.

Hopefully Martins advice will help others who have been given the 5065 info from orbtalk. I guess they're just load balancing across servers but I'm at a loss as to why one server will support voxalot and one will not.

I'd mention it to them - but I'm not sure which way they'd jump... Either blocking voxalot on their 5060, or enabling it on their 5065. So, for now I'll just thank the gods of VOIP that it just works and not bother the folks at orbtalk about it at all ; )

-Gary

kurun 06-22-2007 12:53 AM

Hi Gary, I believe the nat.orbtalk.co.uk:5065 is used in lieu of STUN to traverse NAT.
Since the Voxalot server itself is handling the registration with Orbtalk, you do not have to worry about NAT issues as far as connecting with Orbtalk.

As such, I do not think that the 5065 port issue indicates Orbtalk is planning to ban Voxalot on "5060" port.
See also : Orbtalk | Support

I am using a similar service from Voiptalk, and it uses the same type of setup.
The Voiptalk website has a bit more technical information on harware setup, which kind of infers the above.

GaryC 06-22-2007 10:17 AM

Well, that does make a lot more sense. Thanks Kurun.

I guess I'm just a little paranoid about 'creeping bans' among the free providers. Thanks Martin and Kurun for taking the time to clarify the issues.

Hopefully nobody else with orbtalk needs to fall down this particular hole.

Best regards,

-Gary