Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Short dialtone? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2833)

keschrich 02-23-2008 12:56 AM

Short dialtone?

I have a Sipura SPA-2000 which I use to connect to voxalot.. Everything works great, except that the dialtone only stays on for a couple of seconds before switching to a fast busy.. not a huge deal but I was wondering if there was an option that would change this..

Any thoughts?

emoci 02-23-2008 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keschrich (Post 15484)
I have a Sipura SPA-2000 which I use to connect to voxalot.. Everything works great, except that the dialtone only stays on for a couple of seconds before switching to a fast busy.. not a huge deal but I was wondering if there was an option that would change this..

Any thoughts?

Find the Regional settings on your ATA....

You are looking for two fields:

'Interdigit Long Timer' and 'Interdigit Short Timer'

Interdigit Long Timer is the amount of time the ATA will wait for you to dial something (eg. if you pickup the phone but dial nothing, this setting specifies how long until the fast busy comes up)

Interdigit Short Timer is the amount of time you have to dial another digit after dialing the one before it (eg. if I dial 123, the time I have to dial 4 before just 123 is send to VoXalot is specified by this setting)

Easy way to look at them is 'long' for overall wait, and 'short' for in-between digit wait...

After finding these two fields, first make sure you make a note of their current settings just in case you want to go back afterwards....

For me, a Long Timer of 25 and a short timer 20 seem to do the trick.....

(I've noticed that sometime the phone you have attached may affect the actual length of time you get)

Some reading on this: Fix Sipura VOIP ATA Adapter interdigit dialing delay < Rambling Thoughts Blog - Neerav Bhatt

keschrich 02-23-2008 03:38 PM

That did the trick for me, thank you so much..

I think I'm just about ready to port over my number from Comcast :)

emoci 02-23-2008 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keschrich (Post 15496)
That did the trick for me, thank you so much..

I think I'm just about ready to port over my number from Comcast :)

Glad to see it worked....

As you may realize VoXalot does not support porting a number to it (if that's what you meant)

In fact VoXalot does not offer any DIDs. It is all based on supporting and putting together your current providers to create your own custom VoIP service

So if Comcast actually gives you the SIP Info for your DID (user/pass/host), or lets you forward your DID to a another SIP URI, you can have all calls to that DID ring in VoXalot.....

keschrich 02-23-2008 04:52 PM

Right, I have Callcentric forwarding incoming calls to my DID to my voxalot uri, and outgoing calls through LES.net.. I would have done both through les as its cheaper and the quality seemed to be better, but unfortunately he couldn't port a number from my area..