Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Problem with one way audio with Voxalot+InternetCalls (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3823)

doctorh 02-23-2009 06:22 PM

Problem with one way audio with Voxalot+InternetCalls

Since a couple of days, voxalot calls via Internetcalls are having one way audio.

The called party can hear me, but there is no audio coming back. I tested it with different accounts and ATAs, and all of them work OK when using Internetcalls directly but have this problem when going thru Voxalot.

Was there any change that would cause this?

Thanks,
DoctorH

majo 02-23-2009 10:00 PM

I had this problem with webcalldirect & I have specified stun server but even then one way audio. Now my ATA is directly connected with WCD & works.

regards.

majo

carlosalbffgomes 02-23-2009 10:14 PM

Usually a NAT problem

Usually, the one way audio is a NAT problem.
Verify if, in Voxalot configuration, "Sym NAT" is configured to "Yes" and "Audio Optimization" is set to "No". Also, you should verify if Stun Server Configuration in your ATA is OK.
Regards,

doctorh 02-24-2009 01:14 AM

The problem is also happening when calling *500, no audio from Voxalot. It was working OK until last week.

doctorh 02-24-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majo (Post 21736)
I had this problem with webcalldirect & I have specified stun server but even then one way audio. Now my ATA is directly connected with WCD & works.

regards.

majo

Is this recent? Like since this saturday or sunday?

kurun 02-24-2009 04:18 AM

Which STUN server are you using?
I was using stun.voxalot.com.au but it is now no longer active.
I changed to stun.voxalot.com and my ATA (HT-496) now registers fine with no audio problems.

doctorh 02-24-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 21743)
Which STUN server are you using?
I was using stun.voxalot.com.au but it is now no longer active.
I changed to stun.voxalot.com and my ATA (HT-496) now registers fine with no audio problems.

I never used any stun server, and never had any audio issues.

It started this saturday, to me and my friends using the same setup. When using internetcalls directly, no problems, but when using it via Voxalot, or when calling *500, no audio coming in in 50% of the calls.

It worked perfectly before. I tried using the stun server, and configuring the NAT parameters as per the how-to, but still, exactly the same problem, 50% of the calls failing.

Something changed at Voxalot on Saturday or Sunday that originated this problem.

gurlinux 02-24-2009 04:14 PM

Same problem here

Same problem here. I have not changed anything in the ATA configuration, it just stopped working.

I tried with the STUN server, and still nothing :( Has anything changed on the Voxalot side over the weekend?

carlosalbffgomes 02-24-2009 10:00 PM

SRV DNS Change

After EU Server being down for 4 or 5 days, there was a change in the SRV DNS entries for Voxalot. This change was made to permit an automatic server backup if some of the servers stops working. You can see the DNS SRV entries if you type in the console the following command:

# host -t srv _sip._udp.us.voxalot.com

(you may change the 'us' portion with 'eu' ou 'au').

This is the unique change I know that have been done in the last week.
Regards,

boatman 02-25-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gurlinux (Post 21747)
Same problem here. I have not changed anything in the ATA configuration, it just stopped working.

Here is a quick test you can do; Call *0@proxy01.sipphone.com and listen to what the recorded message says. Make the call directly from your SIP user agent, not through SIpBroker or another route. If you hear "you are behind a sip compatible router" then your NAT settings may be OK. If you hear "you may experience call completion problems behind this router" that means you are sending an incorrectly constructed SDP packet.