Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voxalot can not receive Pfingo inbound call (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1620)

usf 05-23-2007 11:29 AM

Voxalot can not receive Pfingo inbound call

Pfingo (www.pfingo.com) in my voxalot account,
it shows Pfingo register successfully.
I can call out via voxalot. but I cannot receive in bound call from Pfingo.
I change the codec to g729 and other..., but not helping.
(ATA spa3102 can receive the call but Voxalot cannot)
Has any member try pfingo and can receive the in bound call ?
Have any way to find out what is wong ?

martin 05-23-2007 11:41 AM

Can you receive inbounds from voxalot. i.e. If you call a SIPBroker - PSTN Numbers and then dial *010xxxxxx does your phone ring?

Just trying to determine if it is a problem with pfingo or your ATA<->voxalot connection.

usf 05-23-2007 01:26 PM

ATA<-> voxalot is ok. should be pfingo problem.
I wish to know under what information that voxalot server receive from pfingo, then voxalot in provider list shows "voxalot status is registered (successful)".

martin 05-23-2007 01:45 PM

From our experience the problem you describe is usually due to the fact that the provider does not honor the registration contact.

i.e. Instead on sending the inbound to sip:xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com they send it to sip:9876512344@us.voxalot.com where 9876512344 is your provider account.

We recently help a local provider MyNetFone - Your VoIP Broadband Phone Service - Leading Australian VoIP Service Provider for Residential VoIP & Business VoIP Solutions resolve this problem.

Tranworld 05-25-2007 07:13 AM

This subject is of great interest to me as I have posted about it for a while now. The question is what can we do about it? Basically the Pfingo service works fine using an ATAm but will not ring via Voxalot.

Getting Pfingo to change their system behaviour is a non-starter, how can we adapt/workaround this? (by simulating an ATA perhaps? the ATA must have done something right?)

martin 05-25-2007 07:27 AM

An ATA does not care what the number is at the start of the URI as it knows where the inbound must go.

Something like asterisk or services like voxalot do however care.

Unless providers honors the contact URI there is not too much that can be done to work around this problem (hence why MNF fixed the problem on there end - see my link above).

Kris404 06-12-2007 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usf (Post 9111)
Pfingo (www.pfingo.com) in my voxalot account,
it shows Pfingo register successfully.
I can call out via voxalot. but I cannot receive in bound call from Pfingo.
I change the codec to g729 and other..., but not helping.
(ATA spa3102 can receive the call but Voxalot cannot)
Has any member try pfingo and can receive the in bound call ?
Have any way to find out what is wong ?

I have raised this isssue on pFingo forums. In the meantime, this is the workaround I'm using:

1) Register pFingo on Line1 so you can receive and make calls.
2) Enable direct calling to your SPA3102
3) Call forward from VoXaLot direct to your SPA.

With this setup, I can receive calls from pFingo as usual along with VoXaLot or any VoIP provider that allows SIP URI calling. My SPA can also receive calls directly from IPKall.

For outgoing calls, you can put VoXaLot on gw1 and use a dialplan to call using #1.

Kris

talpheus 04-08-2009 07:16 AM

Any updates

Hi,

I've recently just joined voxalot, and am very excited about the potential to run my VoIP over many devices and locations. I am currently using Pfingo to make and receive calls to/from Singapore. I am also using Pennytel to make and receive calls to/from Malaysia.

Some questions:

1) I noticed the threads were posted in 2007. so I was wondering if there are any updates to not being able to receive incoming calls to Pfingo connected to Voxalot.

2) If I pay for Voxalot Pro, does that mean I can call forward to my mobile phone at no extra costs? ( I am running an Australian mobile phone).

3) If I use call forwarding to my Australian mobile phone, would the above problem of "unable to receive incoming calls from Pfingo" be avoided?

4) Would Voxalot work with Fring so I can use that on my mobile phone?

Looking forward to your reply :)

Thanks.