Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   sipdiscount offering web callback (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=148)

mercator 05-08-2006 09:47 AM

sipdiscount offering web callback

folks,

did you have a look at www.sipdiscount.com? they are now offering web callback as well. however, only using their voip service of course - which is not bad as many destinations are still free.

regards,
mercator

fozzie 05-08-2006 12:29 PM

I can't see anything on their website that mentions web callback? Perhaps you could post a direct URL? Ta.

ataboy 05-08-2006 02:04 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned here before, but Voipdiscount are certainly offering web callback, with about 50 countries' landlines as free destinations.

ataboy

andy 05-08-2006 02:28 PM

I'm wondering if all the Finarea companies are introducing this facility. I sent an email a couple of days ago to voipcheap.com, but no reply.

I understand that info about this is available to customers logged in to their account. Could I ask anyone that has an account for a description of the browser web form? There may be a condensed version that could be viewed via wap, or once filled in, it may move to a different url, in which case this might be useful as a wap bookmark for a mobile, to trigger calls directly.

mercator 05-08-2006 02:51 PM

You only have access when you are a registered client with them.

ataboy 05-08-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy
Could I ask anyone that has an account for a description of the browser web form? There may be a condensed version that could be viewed via wap, or once filled in, it may move to a different url, in which case this might be useful as a wap bookmark for a mobile, to trigger calls directly.

There are 2 fill-in fields - one for your number and one for the destination number. Both must be in the international format, starting "00". Once they are entered, you hit the"call" button. Calls charged as 2 individual legs. The URL didn't seem to change. Hope this helps.

ataboy

andy 05-09-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy
There are 2 fill-in fields ........ Calls charged as 2 individual legs. The URL didn't seem to change. Hope this helps.

Thanks - oh well, it was worth asking anyway, for use calling home from abroad soon. So I'm hoping to hear more of the Voxalot mobile-access callback

martin 05-09-2006 03:34 PM

Mobile Call-Back Preview

andy 05-21-2006 04:04 PM

I just signed up for a Voipcheap account, but didn't add any credit yet. I notice that the web callback method has a 1c connect fee. Do people know if the other Finarea companies have this? I don't object to it, but maybe I'd like to make a few trial calls before adding credit.

I also tried using it for one leg with Voxalot callback, but either I haven't set it up right, or they don't allow this use for the account I have, or want a 1c connect fee for this as well ...
__

edit - answer myself -

I got a Voipdiscount account as well, and this has no connection fee for web callback.

I hadn't quite set up the provider details correctly on Voxalot, omitting sip. from the host name, so now it works ...

but I get the problem that people have mentioned before, trying to use Voipcheap and Voxalot for both call legs - the first number hears nothing, though the call record in the account has roughly a minute on each