Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Announcement: New Voxalot Features - Tue Sept 25 (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2316)

martin 09-25-2007 03:52 AM

Announcement: New Voxalot Features - Tue Sept 25

We are pleased to announce the following new features:

- Import / Export Feature - this facility allows you to save your configuration details, and then re-import them into any Voxalot account. You can use it to back-up your settings, or you can use it to copy your setting into friends' or family's accounts. This feature is also available to our VoxBasic members.

- VoxFox Firefox extension - This FireFox add-on allows you to highlight a phone number on a web-page and automatically initiate a web call-back to that number. You can preset your phone number in the VoxFox settings to make the process much quicker and easier. For an explanation of the VoxFox functionality, please visit our VoxFox page.

- General System Improvements - Quite a few minor system improvements were deployed as part of this release including a number of Web Callback optimizations.

shezad 09-25-2007 10:49 AM

Hi Martin

When i import the provider list from my voxalot account to a new voxalot account, do i have to type the password for that provider on the new voxalot account or will it remember it ?

When you import and export i have to do manuelly register to YES, will it mean that if i do changes on the main voxalot account will it effect on the new voxalot accounts provider and dial plan also or do i have to log into both to do some fix ?

Another thing that would be nice is if you can manually choose which provider and which dial plan you would like to import would be nice.

shezad

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 12875)
We are pleased to announce the following new features:

- Import / Export Feature - this facility allows you to save your configuration details, and then re-import them into any Voxalot account. You can use it to back-up your settings, or you can use it to copy your setting into friends' or family's accounts. This feature is also available to our VoxBasic members.

- VoxFox Firefox extension - This FireFox add-on allows you to highlight a phone number on a web-page and automatically initiate a web call-back to that number. You can preset your phone number in the VoxFox settings to make the process much quicker and easier. For an explanation of the VoxFox functionality, please visit our VoxFox page.

- General System Improvements - Quite a few minor system improvements were deployed as part of this release including a number of Web Callback optimizations.

ataboy 09-25-2007 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shezad (Post 12888)

Another thing that would be nice is if you can manually choose which provider and which dial plan you would like to import would be nice.

Seems to me that when you export you get a .csv file. If you edit that and re-save it, you should be able to import just the ones that you want (if I've understood it correctly).

ataboy

shezad 09-25-2007 12:02 PM

yes, i saw that but i was not sure if it would work, i have not tried it yet. But do i have to retype the password to make all the provider work with dialplan on the new account ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 12889)
Seems to me that when you export you get a .csv file. If you edit that and re-save it, you should be able to import just the ones that you want (if I've understood it correctly).

ataboy

martin 09-25-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shezad (Post 12890)
But do i have to retype the password to make all the provider work with dialplan on the new account ?

Yes you do. Passwords are not exported.

craig 09-25-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

When i import the provider list from my voxalot account to a new voxalot account, do i have to type the password for that provider on the new voxalot account or will it remember it ?

As Martin said in another post, for security reasons, you will have to retype the password in the imported providers.

Quote:

When you import and export i have to do manuelly register to YES, will it mean that if i do changes on the main voxalot account will it effect on the new voxalot accounts provider and dial plan also or do i have to log into both to do some fix ?

The import functionality is a copy of the original account's info. So any changes that you do (to either account) will *not* be replicated in the other account. I think what you are asking for is the notion of a "shared" provider/dial plan - which we, unfortunately, do not support.

Quote:

Another thing that would be nice is if you can manually choose which provider and which dial plan you would like to import would be nice

That's not a bad idea... I will add it to the list of requested features (not sure when, or if, it will get implemented though).

Craig

affinity 09-26-2007 03:11 AM

It might be better to open a textarea in the browser for editing of the file and then saving it to a file.

Another option would be to allow importing to another account with the login credentials being entered. Thus making an export/import screen.... or even a direct account copy option.

shezad 09-26-2007 07:28 AM

Thanks for the answer :)

Keep up the good work, its one of the best products out there now days :)

What i really miss is a call report where you can see the list for all calls made for the periode from your account, this way you will find out if someone has hacked your account or misusing it. This way you can check the calls record and before its late you can try to stopp it by changing the password information or so. I know it suppose to be on the list, just hope it will come out soon :)

shezad

Quote:

Originally Posted by craig (Post 12909)
As Martin said in another post, for security reasons, you will have to retype the password in the imported providers.

The import functionality is a copy of the original account's info. So any changes that you do (to either account) will *not* be replicated in the other account. I think what you are asking for is the notion of a "shared" provider/dial plan - which we, unfortunately, do not support.

That's not a bad idea... I will add it to the list of requested features (not sure when, or if, it will get implemented though).

Craig