Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   there is no logging functionality!!! (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=2947)

shkaff 04-01-2008 07:48 AM

there is no logging functionality!!!

I see no logging functionality at all!
It is really strange. Many other SIP brokers/providers do provide such the simple functionality!

pbxes.com has the excellent logging even for free members, mysipswitch.com also provides it, but simpler

Are most of your customers fine with that?

ataboy 04-01-2008 08:10 AM

Well, I route calls Voxalot -> VSP -> dialled party. My VSP gives me the logs. I'm happy with that.

ataboy

mgoebel 04-01-2008 09:30 AM

Logging

Yes, but I often miss logging since I play around very often with other services like webcallback, Tringme, Talkonaut or Voxeo's Skype bridge. My phone simply rings and I don't understand which way the call took. For tinkerers it would be great to have a call log.

ptruman 04-01-2008 10:52 AM

I've been asking for logs too.

My VSP only logs the outgoing calls, as they don't accept direct SIP calls, and most (so far) incoming calls are still over PSTN.

I'd like logs to help diagnose problems when setting up "fun" routes - and I appreciate the storage space logs can consume, so personally would be happy with something like

a) "Full" logs available for 12 hours

b) "Short" logs (i.e. direction, origin, destination, VSP used, dialplan applied, number PRE dialplan, number POST dialplan, begin, end, duration, type etc) for a month? (and type would be "normal, webcallback, mobile.voxalot.com, voxconnect etc etc)

Combined with SNMP from local h/w that would be really useful!

130166 04-01-2008 01:34 PM

Call records launched

Not all what you want. But call records just today launched!
START
END
SECONDS
NUMBER1
PROVIDER1(regretfull only number no name)
DISPOSITION1

mgoebel 04-01-2008 01:54 PM

Thanks a lot!

These call logs that got implemented today are great. They help me very much. Only the name of the used VSP is missing. Thanks a lot.

shkaff 04-01-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 130166 (Post 16020)
Not all what you want. But call records just today launched!

Oh my god! I can't believe it!
But why the premium users only?

You will only benefit by having me as a beta tester - I used to provide constructive feedbacks!

emoci 04-01-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgoebel (Post 16021)
These call logs that got implemented today are great. They help me very much. Only the name of the used VSP is missing. Thanks a lot.

It is still being tweaked a bit, but if you hover over the number you'll get the VSP used (for now it is identified by the number in your provider list)....I believe Craig is already looking into adjusting it to show the actual name of the provider...

ptruman 04-02-2008 09:25 AM

Huzzah - thats a start :)

Having the dialplan used, and number BEFORE and AFTER dialplan would be useful - as I've mentioned before, whilst I've got a dialplan to translate some numbers based on starting with 0 or being a certain number of digits long, to a full international number - which works when dialling from my ATA.

However, when I use mobile.voxalot.com, and provide the full number anyway, which shouldn't be translated, the call fails. If I use the number that I'd dial from my ATA, it works - so obviously a dialplan is kicking in somewhere, and shouldn't be - and it'd be good to find out which one and why! :)

(I'll play with it later and see if I can spot it anyway)

mgoebel 04-02-2008 10:55 AM

Hover Doesn't work on Firefox

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 16026)
It is still being tweaked a bit, but if you hover over the number you'll get the VSP used (for now it is identified by the number in your provider list)....I believe Craig is already looking into adjusting it to show the actual name of the provider...

Oh really? I didn't notice because I use Firefox where the hover effect doesn't work. But with IE I can see it now.