Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Two providers one ATA box (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3025)

dmainou 04-29-2008 12:27 PM

Two providers one ATA box

Chaps,

Could you please recommend me an ATA box capable of handling two different providers at the same time? e.g. voxalot and provider "B".
It is very important that both providers are registered at the same time.

It needs to be at the ATA level as provider "B" blocks Voxalot and is the only provider offering DID's in my home town

I am currently using Netcomm NB9W but I believe it is not capable of handling two different providers.

Thank you for your suggestions!

Grahame 04-29-2008 07:49 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve and please do not take this as a product recommendation, but I have used a ZYXEL Prestige 2000L with Voxalot for the last couple of years.

It allows 2 SIP registrations, mapping to to 2 phones, PSTN to 1 phone. It works out of the box, simple to configure and has been pretty bomb proof.

IT WILL NOT do some the clever things the Cisco boxes will do i.e gateways, dial plans, advanced config options etc.

I have 1 permanent registration with Voxalot, the other I use to check provider voice quality, etc before adding to to Voxalot "Providers". PSTN in maps through the box so I don't have multiple phones on my desk.

It's not perfect but it works.

Hope this helps

Best regards

ctylor 04-30-2008 03:06 AM

SPA-1001
One FXS port: Two registered providers on it
Linksys SPA1001 (Sipura SPA-1001)

Of course I recommend any Sipura/Linksys ATA model.

191727 04-30-2008 10:17 AM

siemens gigaset has some voip phones that can handle upto 6 SIP registration at the same time. you can check it out.

dmainou 05-01-2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctylor (Post 16382)
SPA-1001
One FXS port: Two registered providers on it
Linksys SPA1001 (Sipura SPA-1001)

Of course I recommend any Sipura/Linksys ATA model.

Couple of extra questions:

by two registered providers you mean:

sip.abc.com (login A) AND
sip.123.com (login B)

rather than sip.abc.com (login A & login B)?

Q2. Do you know any links where the SPA boxes get compared.

I would like to know the difference between the SPA2000 the 3102 & the PAP2T.

Which one is best?

emoci 05-01-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmainou (Post 16394)

sip.123.com (login B)

Q2. Do you know any links where the SPA boxes get compared.

I would like to know the difference between the SPA2000 the 3102 & the PAP2T.

Which one is best?

The PAP2, PAP2T (preferably the NA versions) are best for dual providers

But you may be able to avoid getting anither ATA altogether, which is the provider in question that blocks VoXalot (they may not be blocking MySipSwitch and PBXes, and they can be used to deliver calls to VoXalot indirectly)....

ataboy 05-01-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmainou (Post 16394)

sip.123.com (login B)

Yes, on the PAP2, you get sip.abc.com AND sip.123.com (one of which can be Voxalot of course). Calls on either provider will ring the handset. You set which provider is the default for outgoing calls, and you can override this on a call-by-call basis by using a prefix code.

dmainou 05-02-2008 01:38 AM

Thanks a lot,

Final q's.

Does the Pap2T has a pstn fallback? or you just have to buy a separate handset.

Is there an ATA that can handle 2 registered & different sips and that has PSTN fallback at a reasonable price?

Finally Pap2T or SPA2xxx? what's the difference?

Thanks again

emoci 05-02-2008 03:35 AM

A little correction:

-The PAP2-NA has two lines, no PSTN fallback and can be flasshed with SPA-1001 firmware (in order to switch between lines on the PAP2 you'd have to switch the phone plug every time, or plug in a two-line phone....

-The PAP2T-NA is essentially the same, except it can probably not be flashed with SPA1001 firmware....

-The SPA1001 or a PAP2 flashed with SPA1001 firmware will let you use two providers for both incoming and outgoing from the same phone port (so no need for a two line phone and the like....) Just a heads up: A while back when I flashed my PAP2 with SPA1001 firmware, although everyhting seemed to work, there was a lot of extra noise during calls (not sure if this is just my case or more common though)...I am currently back to using it with the regular PAP2 firmware

-The SPA3102, can be registered with 1 incoming provider, multiple outgoing providers and has a PSTN fallback, along with PSTN-to-VoIP gateway functions which among others would let you access your VoIP remotely by calling your landline, and possibly your landline by calling your VoIP....

Hope that helps....do not forget that there is a very good chance this can be achieved without the need for a second provider line though depending on who is the provider in question

boatman 05-05-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmainou (Post 16373)
Could you please recommend me an ATA box capable of handling two different providers at the same time? e.g. voxalot and provider "B". It is very important that both providers are registered at the same time. It needs to be at the ATA level as provider "B" blocks Voxalot and is the only provider offering DID's in my home town. I am currently using Netcomm NB9W but I believe it is not capable of handling two different providers.

I use and recommend the SPA2102. I like it even more since a few days ago when I learned how to configure Yahoo Voice on one of it's two lines. Now I can use Yahoo Voice for outbound calls with excellent clarity for 1 cent/minute. See this link for details how to do that.

Using Yahoo! Voice as a normal VoIP service - dslreports.com