Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   speed-dial to PSTN (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=893)

madmans 01-15-2007 07:45 PM

speed-dial to PSTN

Martin,
I have been trying to read all the posts, but there does not seem to be much on this topic. In one place there was the comment "speed dial will not work to PSTN numbers" . Now does this mean even if they are expressed as sip URI's?
For example - sip:0044123456789@sip.sipdiscount.com
I expected this format to work because because in the dial-plans this is what appears in the "test" function.
I've tested with a proper URI such as 613@fwd.pulver.com and this does indeed work.

Many thanks for a terrific service!

Mike.

evilbunny 01-16-2007 11:51 AM

You can cheat, put your speed dial on the dial plan page, eg

_1

and replace 1 with

via whatever provider...

Speed dial page is a little confusing, it's not really speed dialing, it's VoIP dialing...

madmans 01-16-2007 07:02 PM

Many thanks EB !
Yes of course that worked and it was a "why didn't I think of that?"
experience.
....must go away and see what other dodges I can try!

Regards,

Mike.

flroots 02-13-2007 01:06 PM

Thanks for the trick! It's working great except for one glitch. As you know, Voxalot will automatically choose a free provider when dialing a toll free number (eg, 1-800-xxx-yyyy). When doing the dial plan, I could select Sip Broker or Voxalot or one of my providers. Is there any way to invoke the normal Voxalot 800 selection sequience? When I select Voxalot as the provider I get a busy signal. If I leave the provider blank it complains!

martin 02-13-2007 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flroots (Post 5435)
Thanks for the trick! It's working great except for one glitch. As you know, Voxalot will automatically choose a free provider when dialing a toll free number (eg, 1-800-xxx-yyyy). When doing the dial plan, I could select Sip Broker or Voxalot or one of my providers. Is there any way to invoke the normal Voxalot 800 selection sequience? When I select Voxalot as the provider I get a busy signal. If I leave the provider blank it complains!

No need to add a dial plan entry at all for this one. As long as the 1-800-xxx-yyyy number does NOT match a dial plan entry and an ENUM entry exists for it, it will automatically route (without the need for any dial plan entry).

flroots 02-14-2007 12:24 AM

Hello Martin:
I was actually trying to cheat and use the Dial Plan as a psuedo speed dial. I have about 20 frequently called toll free numbers and I wanted to set them up in the Dial Plan as speed dials. Basically, I want to access the normal Voxalot toll free lookup and have the psuedo speed dial feature. Is that possible?

flroots 02-14-2007 10:11 PM

I figured it out eventually. I just enabled Enum Lookup within the advanced mode of dial plan and it searches for best toll free provider. Now I'm happy. My psuedo speed dial (uisng dial plan) is working great.

martin 02-15-2007 12:30 AM

Thanks for sharing your solution.