Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Caller ID (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=340)

kingmonkey 07-28-2006 11:05 PM

Caller ID

I use Sipura 2000 ATA to register with voxalot which then registers/uses voipcheap.com to dial out to normal and mobile phone users.

Caller ID doesnt show on mobiles that I phone. I thought voxalot forwarded callerID,

Are my settings wrong or something?

martin 07-29-2006 01:39 AM

What caller ID are you expecting to see on the mobile?

kingmonkey 07-29-2006 02:44 AM

I guess whatever I put in the "Display Name" field on my sipura, or is that not how it works?

martin 07-29-2006 03:42 AM

Yes that does work however it also relies on your mobile carrier supporting the display name within the CID.

kingmonkey 07-30-2006 12:34 AM

I think this has to do with mobile and POTS providers "trusting" you caller ID.

code- 10-09-2006 06:15 PM

VoipBuster (and mabie VoipCheap, Discount and the others) allow you to register your cell phone number as caller ID after it is verified. When I call via the VoipBuster client the caller ID works, but not when calling via VoXaLot.
Anybody have any ideas?

raphoumail 10-09-2006 08:16 PM

how do you register your caller id in voipbuster ?

how do you register your caller id in voipbuster ?
Have I just to put my cell in the profile ??
Thanks

code- 10-17-2006 06:48 PM

Tools > Options > CallerID, you need to use the voipbuster client to do this. When caling via the voipbuster client your cell phone number will be used as callerID

Oh, and by the way:
*Bump*
Anybody have an answer on how to make this work with VoXaLot?

The King 03-06-2007 02:57 PM

I have the same / similar issue.

I use voxalot via voipcheap. When using the voipcheap client I can disable the caller id function, or add a 'verfied' cell number.

However calling via voxalot ALWAYS displays my voipcheap voip-in number, and there seems like no way to edit which number is displayed / or stop any number from being displayed.

I assume this would be a setting on voipcheap.com, but they don't seem to have any options like this when NOT using their client.

Anyone who has managed to get this to work, your advice would be much appreciated!!

haifischjunge 04-16-2007 10:15 AM

well i know its not the newest thread, however.

i assume the advanced settings for the provider in voxalot are also not offering a solution to setting the user id with the right outbound caller id.

if not it would be nice to know if an additional field in the advanced setting would be a great amount of work.

The King 04-16-2007 10:26 AM

Hate to bump, but really wondering if anyone has a solution!

Voipcheap, with their latest firmware, now allow the verification of a non-mobile number. As such I have verified by sipgate.co.uk number.

So now, when I call via the voipcheap client my sipgate number is displayed as caller ID, which is fantastic!

However I tried registering my grandstream device directly to voipcheoa and viz voxalot, but neither times will it show me the caller id I have verified, instead displaying my voipin number for voipcheap, which I don't want it to!

Appreciate this isn't a voipcheap forum, but with so many Betamax users hopefully someone has a solution to this, has got this to work?

I've sent a support email to voipcheap, but doubt they'll respond any time soon!

haifischjunge 04-17-2007 10:52 AM

if voxalot could support the necessary field in the provider settings i would imagine a callplan that for example chooses for us calls the poivy setting with the ipkall incoming number as caller id, for calls to austria the austrian number and so on.

raphoumail 04-17-2007 11:39 AM

It would be very great but I know there are a lot of legal issues...

haifischjunge 04-17-2007 02:23 PM

i dont really see legal issues since voxalot does not provide the caller id functionality and the usual implementation of this "fake" caller id doesnt interfere with the law since the real caller id is also transmitted.

kurun 04-17-2007 02:47 PM

Legal issues with transitting CID

There are termination providers who allow the transmission of a user ID No as declared by the user with no verification.
So I am not sure if there are really legal issues with that.

The King 04-17-2007 03:01 PM

Agree with Kurun, there should be no legal issues.

My number is verified, and as I said, when calling with the voipcheap client my chosen number is displayed.

I don't understand why that same number can not be displayed when calling through an ATA.

244751 04-17-2007 08:54 PM

My callerID works though voxalot. To get it to work I put the verified number in the user field in my voxalot setting. You can access the user field by clicking going into advanced mode for the provider. Don't know if it matters but I use the format 00+country code+number. Hope this helps

haifischjunge 04-17-2007 09:14 PM

have to try it!!!

found the following how to about setting the caller id with betamax and sip devices.:

"by sending the CALLERID(number) [on Asterisk] the wanted number oder more registered numbers be send. the field CALLERID(name) has to have an random value. if the field CALLERID(name) is not set the number will be suppressed (CLIR)"

hope its understandable, i had it to translate it from german.

for example on sipura 2000 hardware the configuration is as follows:

"Use AuthID" set to "yes"
Auth ID: Username
User ID: caller id number

a lot of people is reporting only formating 0043XXXXX not +43XXXXX is working as caller id.

The King 04-18-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 244751 (Post 7924)
My callerID works though voxalot. To get it to work I put the verified number in the user field in my voxalot setting. You can access the user field by clicking going into advanced mode for the provider. Don't know if it matters but I use the format 00+country code+number. Hope this helps

Thanks soooo much for this!!

It now works!

In summary for others, in the provider details, click advanced, and enter the full number, as said by the user above, the full verified number, and I also used 00+country code+number.

Job done!

haifischjunge 04-18-2007 05:55 AM

hmm very funny, my cellphones (in austria) are showing an anonymous caller no matter what.

haifischjunge 04-18-2007 06:53 AM

hi, just tried it with the poivy client, caller id works like a charm.

tried it a few seconds later with voxalot, again just anoymous caller.

ive entered the phonenumber in the "from user" field in the advanced settings.

do i have perhaps to change the display name on my allnet 7950 sip phone (no display name set at the moment)? however as i understood the settings on the phone are only for connecting to voxalot not handling the outbound call.

244751 04-18-2007 08:14 AM

I use a sipura and the display name on my sipura also has my number. Try it and see if it works for you.

haifischjunge 04-18-2007 08:29 AM

so no ive tried it with a softphone (xmeeting) and its obviouly an issue with the allnet 7950.

if i dont set the display name in xmeeting its an anonymous call. if it is set the anything the right caller id is sent.

unfortunately im not at home and i know that the display name is not set right now, however im quite sure ive set it in one of my tries. ill try it tonight when im home.

raphoumail 04-18-2007 09:12 AM

Well I don't know how it is handled in other countries, but I know that there are strict laws in Belgium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurun (Post 7903)
There are termination providers who allow the transmission of a user ID No as declared by the user with no verification.
So I am not sure if there are really legal issues with that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haifischjunge (Post 7902)
i dont really see legal issues since voxalot does not provide the caller id functionality and the usual implementation of this "fake" caller id doesnt interfere with the law since the real caller id is also transmitted.

haifischjunge 04-18-2007 09:22 AM

i dont know about the exact legal situation in belgium, however i know that the implementation of sending your caller id with nearly all voip providers is quiet safe in legal terms.

like if youre using clir to suppress your caller id it not really hides the caller id. emergency services and the phone providers are also getting the real phone number besides the "anonymous". same with the caller id "faking", the real number is visible to emergency services and phone providers (even in the standard asterisk logs i think), the "fake" number is visible to end users.

amroe 04-18-2007 12:29 PM

Caller ID works on ATA Devices

This is my topic in VoipBuster Forum :D

Hello there , i have searched the forum and i have test all of the topics and this one had work 100% .. check it ::

With all the suggestions in the forum, I found this for the Linksys SPA3102 in tab VOICE - LINE1:

SIP Registration WITHOUT verified mobile number:
User ID = UserName of voipbuster account
Password = PassWord of voipbuster account

SIP Registration WITH verified mobile number:
User ID = verified mobile number (eg. 0031xxxxxxxxx)
Password = PassWord of voipbuster account
Auth ID = UserName of voipbuster account
Use Auth ID = Yes

haifischjunge 04-19-2007 06:53 AM

just tried it with the allnet 7950 (witch is a relabled cisco 7950) with again entering something into the user id. no luck.

its funny that it works perfectly with xmeeting (softphone) but not with the all7950 (latest firmware).

i coundnt find the option use auth id anywherre in the phone.

haifischjunge 04-23-2007 06:28 AM

if i understood the technical site correctly the values for callid(number) are overwritten by the voxalot "from user" field. however for the transmission of the caller(name) is not overwritten by voxalot but my all7950 also doesnst transmit it.

is there a test number that i could call from the softphone (from which the callerid works) and from the all7950 to see whats going wrong with the all7950?

olinpower 04-23-2007 06:26 PM

[quote=amroe;7972]...
WITH verified mobile number:
hi
what you mean "verified " mobile number. I try to use my land line phone number in when i call with voipdiscount on my spa1001 and it doesn't work for me.
regards
olinpower

haifischjunge 04-23-2007 07:05 PM

you need to verif your numbers with the original software and an pin code by automatic phone call. only this numbers can be used as caller id

olinpower 04-23-2007 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haifischjunge (Post 8111)
you need to verif your numbers with the original software and an pin code by automatic phone call. only this numbers can be used as caller id

hi
thx i have verified my mobile number but caller id works only form voipdiscount software phone
regards

244751 04-24-2007 02:02 AM

What format are you entering the number in? I did some testing and you must actually enter the number starting with the 00 in voxalot

olinpower 04-24-2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 244751 (Post 8123)
What format are you entering the number in? I did some testing and you must actually enter the number starting with the 00 in voxalot

hi
i use 0048xxx format but I make direct call via ata not via voxalot (like http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post7972). I will try via voxalot!

haifischjunge 04-24-2007 11:43 AM

hi, i just wanted to add that ive sorted out what went wrong with the submission of callerid and the all7950. in some of my desperate attempts ive obviously changed the setting for "anoymous call" from disabled to caller id.

just disabled this again and caller id worked like a charm.

cheers.

olinpower 04-24-2007 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haifischjunge (Post 8134)
hi, i just wanted to add that ive sorted out what went wrong with the submission of callerid and the all7950. in some of my desperate attempts ive obviously changed the setting for "anoymous call" from disabled to caller id.
just disabled this again and caller id worked like a charm.
cheers.

hi, you mean switch off caller id in betamax softwarephone settings?
Must be something in my profile there is also "display name" or it can be empty.
so to resume
1. verified mobile number,
2. switch off caller id in betamax softphone
3a. in voxalot in provider tab, switch to advanced and in From User enter verified mobile number
3b. or direct in ATA enter User ID = verified mobile number

haifischjunge 04-24-2007 12:04 PM

1. verfied mobile number
2. switch on caller id in betamax software
3. enter verified number in format 00countrycodeXXX in the from user in voxalot
4. in ata the displayed name must be set to anything, if left blank it would be an anonymous call

@olinpower, what ata do you have

olinpower 04-24-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haifischjunge (Post 8137)
@olinpower, what ata do you have

pap2 @ spa1001, because last problem voxalot with betamax. I think i will flash it back to pap2

wildvoip 04-24-2007 05:57 PM

When I set the "From user" field in Advanced mode of the provider settings, to 001xxxxxxxxxx , it works fine for a few hours, but then later I get a busy tone. When I clear the "From user" field, I can call with that provider again. Seems there is a problem at voxalot here since, it did work for a while and I know the provider passes the caller id. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

olinpower 04-24-2007 10:34 PM

thx to all, now caller id works for me (direct pap2 to voipdiscount and also via voxalot). one thing i get only one zero i international number, but its no problem. now we must wait for land line verification :)

haifischjunge 04-25-2007 05:01 AM

landline verfication already works (at least with the latest client version of poivy)