Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Issues Please - Your Vote (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=247)

martin 06-17-2006 12:42 AM

Issues Please - Your Vote

Hi there,

We have attempted to capture the current problems and wishes for future VoXaLot features.

Now is your chance to vote and drive our priorities.

As there are 22 items we can not do a poll, therefore each item has been numbered 1 to 22. Please post in this thread your 5 preferences in order

e.g.

If we have missed one please post in this thread.

In a weeks time we will close this thread and count the votes and make public the to-do list.

Here are to 22 items:

1 - Pre-defined SIP Broker / VoXaLot provider entries
2 - Look at 3way call problem.
3 - Call history feature Edit: Same as 13
4 - Add register status information
5 - Check 1800 number problem in Oz
6 - Check CID problem for some registered providers
7 - Check incoming one-way audio problems with Vbuzzer
8 - allow forward to mobile or fixed line number via one of our providers.
9 - fix speed dials for voxalot.com.au
10 - get BBP Global to work
11 - Fix inbound Voipfone
12 - User definable Voicemail answer delay and on/off.
13 - Call logs / history.
14 - A way to reset or change your VM password
15 - specify our own voicemail extension number (instead of the default 500)
16 - Call forwarding via dial plan, i.e. ability to set up a call forward to any number (including PSTN)
17 - Similar functionality for Web Callback - option to route call legs via dialplan defaults
18 - Add an advanced provider details screen allowing Voxalot to handle unusual provider requirements
19 - Ability to re-org dial plan entries
20 - On update allow password fields to be optional
21 - Dial plan fail over. i.e if dialling an entry fails, look for the next matching priority (if one exists) and try that one.
22 - Build SMS call-back

Thanks

fozzie 06-17-2006 01:12 AM

A tough choice!

I wish I could nominate more :)

Edit: last two added - thanks Martin :)
Edit 2: changed now SMS callback added.

martin 06-17-2006 01:56 AM

Actually lets make it 5 then :)

ctylor 06-17-2006 02:37 AM

Great idea to gauge the best way to prioritize.

1. 2 - Look at 3way call problem.
2. 4 - Add register status information
3. 12 - User definable Voicemail answer delay and on/off.
4. 18 - Add an advanced provider details screen allowing Voxalot to handle unusual provider requirements
5. 21 - Dial plan fail over. i.e if dialling an entry fails, look for the next matching priority (if one exists) and try that one.

pvergers 06-17-2006 02:56 AM

Love yer work Martin:

16 - Call forwarding via dial plan, i.e. ability to set up a call forward to any number (including PSTN)
13 - Call logs / history / 3 - Call history feature (What's tyhe Diff?)

Phil

martin 06-17-2006 03:56 AM

Your right 3 is same as 13. List updated. :)

reader 06-17-2006 04:04 AM

3 - Call history feature (same as 13)
17 - Similar functionality for Web Callback - option to route call legs via dialplan defaults

Actually my number 1 would be 'Enable an SMS message containing 2 numbers to initialize a Web Callback'. Would be better than WAP.

Jeff

Jorge 06-17-2006 07:40 AM

3 - Call history feature
18 - Add an advanced provider details screen allowing Voxalot to handle unusual provider requirements

Thanks!

BJReplay 06-17-2006 09:14 AM

1: 21 - Dial plan fail over. i.e if dialling an entry fails, look for the next matching priority (if one exists) and try that one.
2: 12 - User definable Voicemail answer delay and on/off.
3: 13 - Call logs / history.
4: 4 - Add register status information
5: 19 - Ability to re-org dial plan entries

martin 06-17-2006 10:32 AM

Np, I just added 21 and 22 to the list. Feel free to edit your preferences before the week ends ;)

xcaliba 06-17-2006 11:31 PM

21 - Dial plan fail over.

melston 06-18-2006 01:14 AM

my votes

Configurable options for voicemail are important for me, one other thing that would be useful to me would be .mp3 format (instead of .wav) for voicemails. reason being that i receive emails on my blackberry that can play .mp3 attachments but not .wav files.

Great service! I have an HT-286 and a handful of sip providers so i can make dial plans. I like the message waiting functionality of voxalot as well!

thanks!
Mark

mewnz 06-18-2006 05:32 AM

21 - Dial plan fail over. i.e if dialling an entry fails, look for the next matching priority (if one exists) and try that one.
22 - Build SMS call-back

stephenh 06-18-2006 06:43 AM

21 - Dial plan fail over.
18 - Add an advanced provider details screen...

affinity 06-18-2006 07:34 AM

1. 4 - Add register status information
  2. 13 - Call logs / history.
  3. Aren't these two the same,like 3 and 13?
    and
  4. 18 - Add an advanced provider details screen allowing Voxalot to handle unusual provider requirements
  5. 22 - Build SMS call-back [see notes/comments on 17 below too!]

Others that I would have like to have included [in order]:

Some of these with further notes/comments
- more useful if via SMS; send two numbers via SMS callback, both go through the dial plan to decide on call route.

- not really that important as you can have sparse numbering with gaps already.
- although it would be much better to be able to raise/lower entries.

- 1800 numbers are better off via PSTN if available as they are free already.

- I see NO need for this at all, why might this be useful?

affinity 06-18-2006 07:35 AM

Another nice feature would be an announcement just before the call takes place on which provider is being used -- this could hopefully be turned on / off as required by the user.

BBD 06-18-2006 08:23 AM

thanks Martin! glad to see you guys are asking the user's opinions on this. keep up the sensational work.

BBD 06-18-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin

me again, i was just wondering, do you think that issue 6 could be directly related with issue 5? what i mean is that if you do not have CID activated, some numbers are inaccessable. for example, when i had my CID hidden, i could not dial 131166 (and many other 13 and 1300 numbers), however, now that i do have it showing, i am able to call all 13 and 1300 numbers using my VSP.

oh and i have an extra suggestion, as per my comments above, some numbers are inaccessable unless you have CID, this is extremely annoying for people who do not have DIDs, so what would be excellent is if some how voxalot is able to attach a CID to phone calls depending on where the person is calling from. for example, if i call 131166 without CID showing, it would be great if voxalot added a generic Melbourne CID to my call, therefore i can get through to them even though i have CID blocked. then for people in CID, voxalot would give them a generic Syd CID (and so on). i am not sure if this is possible, but i can tell you that i would help a lot of people out there who use VoIP without a DID (or if they do have a DID but are using a seperate provider for certain calls, e.g provider 1 with a DID is used to call local calls, but provider 2 could be used for 13 and 1300 numbers, however, you dont have a DID with them so you would be unable to use it).

let me know what you think

affinity 06-18-2006 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBD
if some how voxalot is able to attach a CID to phone calls depending on where the person is calling from

I believe it is possible. Koala for one will do CID provided you can prove ownership of the number. But Koala is a full service company [not sure how good or bad yet, but that is OT]. They may have access to more resources at this level than voxalot, although they may not also.

Any comments Martin?

martin 06-18-2006 10:59 AM

Attaching a CID is easy enough for us to do. We wouldnt want to provide people the ability to spoof numbers though, so we would need to evaluate this request.

tasglobal 06-18-2006 11:08 AM

JohnnyGolden 06-18-2006 11:13 AM

4 - registration status
12 - voicemail on/off and delay
13 - call logs
21 - dial plan failover
16 - forward via dial plan

Oigle05 06-18-2006 12:25 PM

ataboy 06-18-2006 01:08 PM

Hi,

Good luck!

ataboy

ataboy 06-18-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Attaching a CID is easy enough for us to do. We wouldnt want to provide people the ability to spoof numbers though, so we would need to evaluate this request.

I'm sure I can't be alone in thinking that this would be most useful. I for one would love to be able to make all my outgoing calls with the same outbound CLI, whatever the provider. One of my VSPs allows me to do this, but I had to email them documentary proof (I.e. a scan of my phone bill) that I owned the number.

Now if I could use that CLI for all my VSPs. . .

ataboy

BBD 06-18-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

you are quite right, this method of calling could quite possible be used for spoofing, however, if the voxalot team keeps records of the originating number and the destination number of each call made using voxalot's location based CID, if something untoward occurs, you guys would know exactly who it is. (there should be something like a T&C for using voxalot and if you choose to use voxalot's outbound number(s), you give them the right to hand over your call records if the authorities request it) or something like that.

actually, this would be an even better idea as we would not be using voxalot's numbers to make calls, we would be using ours (quote below)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy
I'm sure I can't be alone in thinking that this would be most useful. I for one would love to be able to make all my outgoing calls with the same outbound CLI, whatever the provider. One of my VSPs allows me to do this, but I had to email them documentary proof (I.e. a scan of my phone bill) that I owned the number.

ataboy

richard 06-18-2006 11:03 PM

Here are my votes!

22 - Build SMS call-back

phoneuser 06-19-2006 04:04 AM

I request to include the followings into the list....
23. Check for the successful registration and incoming calls for finarea / betamax services (eg. voipstunt / voipdiscount / sipdiscount / poivy/ internetcalls)
24. Check for Registration and in-out calls for VoiceStick.com. It may not be required if the NUMBER 18 (unusual provider requirment...) is enough to solve problem with these providors.

If these are included, I will certainly edit my vote.

peterh 06-19-2006 07:19 AM

22 - Build SMS call-back

I'd like to add another one ..... an ability to give someone a web link where they can enter their own number to allow them to initiate a callback to me (without me having to give them my voxalot account details)

PH

amatory 06-19-2006 08:06 PM

Highest Priority at the Top:
======================

BBD 06-20-2006 10:38 AM

i have another suggestion i would like to put forward and that is to allow users to select voxalot and sipbroker as outgoing providers. what i mean is that when you add a provider to voxalot, you are allowed to make dial plans and forward calls out that provider, however, you cannot forward calls out voxalot or sipbroker by choice. this can be annoying for example when you want to send 500 exclusively through voxalot. because you cannot create a dial plan that sneds 500 out voxalot, you need to ensure that no other dial plans interrupt the possibility of dialling 500 so that it will automatically go through voxalot, however, if you do create a dial plan that sends 3 digits or more out a specific provider, that will also include 500 and will not allow you to check your voicemail.

basically i just think it would easier if we could select voxalot and sipbroker for certain calls and be given the ability to make dial plans for them

fozzie 06-20-2006 10:49 AM

Just out of curiosity, what 3 digit calls do you need to send to another provider?

Ron 06-20-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBD
i have another suggestion i would like to put forward and that is to allow users to select voxalot and sipbroker as outgoing providers.

Unless I'm missing something, this is already on the todo list that this thread is voting on (see first message):

Ron

moollar 06-21-2006 02:47 AM

3 - Call history feature

If #12 can be extended to include user definable times (e.g. after hours) for calls to go straight to voicemail that would be perfect!

Tslam 06-21-2006 07:10 AM

Quote:

Please post in this thread your 5 preferences in order

13 - Call logs / history (INCLUDING FAILED CALLS).
12 - User definable Voicemail answer delay and on/off
AND ANSWERING FEATURE, ie FORWARD TO VM GREETING*.

* if necessary de-queue (and email) messages older than n days

eliafino 06-23-2006 01:08 PM

This is my:

Bye bye by Elia

martin 06-25-2006 12:01 AM

Final Tally

Ok here is the final tally in order. Options were weighted according to priority e.g. A priority of 1 scored 5, 2 scored 4 ... 5 scored 1.

Code:

Item        Score
4        80
3/13        43
12        40
21        37
8/16        30
18        23
22        22
5        14
10        11
6        8
17        8
2        7
7        5
11        5
19        5
9        1
14        1
1        0
15        0
20        0

Voting has now closed. Thanks for contributing.

affinity 06-25-2006 01:00 AM

Item Score
4 80

3/13 43

12 40

21 37

8/16 30

18 23

22 22
22 - Build SMS call-back

5 14

10 11

6 8

17 8

2 7

7 5

11 5

19 5

9 1

14 1

BBD 07-05-2006 04:24 AM

thanks for the list guys. is there a thread that tells us which ones have been completed and which are currently being worked on?

vpsaini 07-18-2006 08:25 AM

Forwarding to PSTN /Mobile via one of provider will be really exciting.
Any Idea what has been workded so far...