Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Provider Feedback (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=70)

martin 04-08-2006 01:10 AM

Provider Feedback

Hi,

Please post your feedback regarding provider compatability with VoXaLot

Code:

| Name                | Works in Dial Plan | Works in Call-back |          URL        |     
|----------------------|--------------------|--------------------|----------------------|
| AstraTel            |  Yes              |    1 leg only      |  www.astratel.net  |
|----------------------|--------------------|--------------------|----------------------|
| BBPGlobal            |  No              |    No              |  www.bbpglobal.com  |
| Call Union          |  Yes              |    Both call legs  | www.callunion.com    |
| Freecall            |  Yes              |    Both call legs  | www.freecall.net.au  |
| Gizmo Project        |  Yes              |    1 leg only      | www.gizmoproject.com |
| Koala VoIP          |  Yes              |    Both call legs  | www.koalavoip.com.au |
| OzTell              |  Yes              |    No              |  www.oztralia.com  |
| SWISSIPCOM          |  Yes              |    Both call legs  |  www.swissipcom.ch  |
| VoIPBuster          |  Yes              |    1 leg only      |  www.voipbuster.com |
| voipGATE            |  Yes              |    Both call legs  |  www.voipgate.com  |
| VoIPStunt            |  Yes              |    1 leg only      |  www.voipstunt.com  |
| Voxee                |  Yes              |    Both call legs  |    www.voxee.com    |
| Wengo                |  Yes              |    Both call legs  |    www.wengo.fr    |
|---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

maxalot 04-08-2006 09:28 AM

Code:

| Name                | Works in Dial Plan | Works in Call-back |          URL        |     
| OzTell              |  Yes              |    No              |  www.oztralia.com  |

Ron 04-09-2006 03:37 AM

Code:

| Gizmo Project        |  Yes              |    1 leg only      | www.gizmoproject.com |
| Voxee                |  Yes              |    Both call legs  |    www.voxee.com    |

martin 04-10-2006 01:25 AM

Thanks guys I added your entries to the top post. Feel free to edit it directly.

mark 04-10-2006 02:05 AM

also koalavoip appears to work in both legs of the call
mark

manula 04-10-2006 03:07 PM

I tested (but only quickly, so I'm not 100 sure) that BBPGlobal does NOT work in neither the dialplan nor the callback... too bad!

nabil 04-13-2006 04:59 PM

Hi,

I tested VoipStunt.com and VoipGate.com with success.

martin 04-13-2006 09:31 PM

Hi Nabil,

Is this for 1 or 2 call legs?

krisch 04-14-2006 11:30 AM

Wengo web initiated PSTN-PSTN call

Hi,

1/ Just have tested "Wengo": for PSTN-PSTN it works on both legs.
(With the exception of certain “free” French 0800 xxxxx numbers.)
I didn't have the opportunity testing the dialplan, but being given that PSTN-PSTN is ok, I do anticipate that dialplan must be ok too.

2/ VoipBuster works on one leg ONLY !

Cheers, krisch

yaman 04-16-2006 02:33 PM

dear sirs,

swissipcom (switzerland) works on PSTN to VOIP as well as PSTN to PSTN ie using both legs with the same provider and same one account.

thanks

nabil 04-16-2006 08:48 PM

Hi Martin,

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
Hi Nabil,

Is this for 1 or 2 call legs?

Voipstunt: worked 1 leg
Voipgate: worked 2 legs
Callunoin: worked 2 legs : callunion.com
Regards, Nabil

martin 04-17-2006 01:03 AM

Thanks guys, all updated.

dibsmft 04-17-2006 10:03 AM

I guess we should add...

Vbuzzer No No

I can also confirm that Wengo is Yes Yes. It is the one that I have chosen to use at present.

You can add that both MyWebcalls (sipagate) and Sipdiscount work for one leg. So far I have not tested for 2 legs.

peterh 04-17-2006 11:47 AM

No probs with Pennytel 2 legs

nabil 04-17-2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dibsmft
I guess we should add...

Vbuzzer No No

I can also confirm that Wengo is Yes Yes. It is the one that I have chosen to use at present.

You can add that both MyWebcalls (sipagate) and Sipdiscount work for one leg. So far I have not tested for 2 legs.

Sipgate worked well for me both ways (2 legs).
Nabil

dibsmft 04-18-2006 11:57 AM

In case there might be some confusion

sipagate.com
and
sipgate.com

are not the same.

Mallycat 04-23-2006 01:23 AM

Engin works in dial plan - haven't tested it with call back

Matt

fozzie 04-30-2006 11:11 PM

Sipgate (www.sipgate.co.uk) and Sipdiscount (www.sipdiscount.com) both working in call plans. I haven't tried them with web callback but will soon.

fozzie 05-01-2006 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fozzie
Sipgate (www.sipgate.co.uk) and Sipdiscount (www.sipdiscount.com) both working in call plans. I haven't tried them with web callback but will soon.

Just checked web callback:
Sipgate - both legs
Sipdiscount - 1 leg

VoxPop 05-11-2006 01:18 AM

Hi all,

Am a n00b here, haven't even got my account setup yet, however thought I would let you know, I just did a preliminary test with the Australian voice provider, Exetel:

They allow two concurrent calls from the one ATA (ie using 2 phones (configured using the same VoIP account on the same IP) to call two different local numbers on the PSTN ).

I believe this means it will work for me on the same account when I want to use normal handsets (and no ATA) for the call. Now all I need are local VoIP accounts in Europe, US and Asia where I have to call a lot. My test didn't go as far as picking up the calls though, so will report more once I am online properly using the VoXaLot service.

Congratulations on your work with VoXaLot, I hope I can contribute some- and that you can make this the world standard call initialisation system :) Nick

pmerrill 05-20-2006 12:05 AM

SIPME works for dialplan, have not checked anything else.

ataboy 05-22-2006 11:13 AM

Voipfone works in the dialplan. It also works successfully for me in callback together with Voipdiscount.

ataboy

MarkosJal 05-29-2006 05:04 PM

CAn anyone else confirm... Finarea providers SipDiscount, Internetcalls, Poivy, etc have now blocked the Voxalot server.

"Call not approved " through Voxalot

They did this to the server at pbxes.com a month or so ago as well. Too bad I was actually BUYING some destinations and now they have €35.00 of mine

foneboxx 05-29-2006 05:14 PM

Hi,
I think you have a problem over there 'cause my sipdiscount works fine..Hope this helps...

fozzie 05-29-2006 06:53 PM

Sipdiscount fine to UK.
Voipbuster fine to South Africa.

(I don't have them registered to Voxalot; do you? Could that be the difference?)

andro_oh 06-05-2006 05:39 PM

Hi,

I have problem with web-callback if the both legs are from finarea group servers.

For example:
first leg: internetcalls.com (from finarea group)
second leg: voipcheap.com (from finerea group, but different from the first leg server)

The both calls are established but no voice passed (just some noise).

Are the others having this problem too?

I read in this forum that finera servers are working in 1 leg, but I think that this combination should work because actually there are two different servers in the legs.

One leg fineara and the other leg not finarea is working ok.

Dial plans with finarea servers are working ok.

Thanks,
Andrija

fozzie 06-05-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andro_oh
I read in this forum that finera servers are working in 1 leg, but I think that this combination should work because actually there are two different servers in the legs.

I wouldn't necessarily expect it to work - most of the domain names resolve to the same IP address i.e. the same SIP server.

andro_oh 06-06-2006 12:28 PM

I have checked few finarea sip servers and you are right all of them use the same IP address:

Do you have any idea how to be possible the voxalot web-call-back to work when in both legs are finarea servers?

Voxalot administrators, please find solution for this problem, if possible???

Best regards,
Andrija

BBD 06-08-2006 08:32 AM

hi all, i know that on the front page it says that BBP Global will not work, but since VoXaLot now allows you to register VSPs, are we now able to register BBP Global and use them as a gateway rather than having to register them as our main provider on our ATA?

i have used voxalot's registration feature and now am able to receive calls from 2 koala SIP numbers and 1 pennytel SIP number, however, i cannot make or receive calls on my BBP Global account using voxalot's registration feature. has anyone had any luck?

hisybr 07-03-2006 11:19 AM

Update?

Hi Martin/All,

This is a good sticky post, but doesn't really help me much in my current quest for an Australian provider. Have tried AstraTel and thinking I'll try someone else (quality OK, but think I'd prefer to pay by the minute). Not very many Australian VSPs on the list that work with both dial plan and web callback.

Freecall came closest to meeting what I want, but not keen on the monthly fee. I know there are a lot of other Australian VSPs -- best lists I know are:

http://www.ozinternetphones.com/

and

http://www.voipchoice.com.au/planframes.php

(courtesy of

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index...=wiki&tag=VoIP

VSPs at #7, with a note re SipBroker, but not Voxalot!)

What about a new thread, like this one, but start with a table of all Australian VSPs? Survey members to who is using or has used any of them, and any info re compatibility with dial plan and web callback.

Would be good if we could promote those Australian VSPs that are Voxalot and SipBroker friendly...

Cheers, Brian

hisybr 07-03-2006 11:42 AM

Update? 2

Sorry, just reviewing the links I posted and realising that all the Australian VSPs are pretty much flat rate untimed calls -- PennyTel and Siphone (FreeCall) appear to be the only ones charging per minute.

There are a lot of international providers with competitive pm rates to Australia. However, we found that our SipPhone/GizmoProject service did not provide good quality for Australian STD calls (Gold Coast to Melbourne, mostly). The only reason for looking for an Australian VSP was to get good local quality. AstraTel has been OK in that regards.

What I am really interested in is knowing what VSP members are using to make calls within Australia (and whether or not they are happy!).

Cheers, Brian

hisybr 07-05-2006 12:00 AM

Anyone Using: Atp, Freshtel Or Voisetalk?

Hi,

Looking at Australian-based VSPs. Have tried AstraTel; quality OK, but $$. Want to try another and have narrowed down the search to:

ATP
FreshTel
Koala
VoiseTalk

Reports above say Koala works with both dial plan and web call back. However, I was unhappy with their website that wanted my license number and other details on an unsecure site.

The other three VSPs above are not on the list at the beginning of this post. Anyone using them? Work with dial plan / web call back? Any general comments on quality and/or company in general?

Cheers, Brian

affinity 07-05-2006 02:21 AM

ATP and Freshtel costs are high $$ too.... the last time I looked at them.

SIPME is well worth considering. Koala is too new and has had too many problems too often for too many people.

hisybr 07-05-2006 03:16 AM

SipMe work with VoXaLot?

Thanks Affinity,

Particularly appreciate warning re people having problems with Koala.

ATP is $$, but FreshTel about on a par with Voise ($0.10 untimed in Aus, a bit higher for mobiles). Don't know why I dismissed SipMe (had looked at them at one point). What I particularly like is they don't have a monthly fee; you just buy credits and pay as you go.

Do you know if SipMe works with dial plan and/or web callback on Voxalot?

Cheers, Brian

affinity 07-05-2006 03:27 AM

Yes, FreshTel has a number of plans, the 10c untimed calls weren't available without monthly fees when I checked last time.

affinity 07-05-2006 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hisybr
Do you know if SipMe works with dial plan and/or web callback on Voxalot?

Hi Brian,

SIPME works well with web callback and with dial plans with voxalot. If you are in Australia, you should use the voxalot.com.au server for registrations.

hisybr 07-05-2006 03:37 AM

Thanks Affinity,

Just had a troll through the forums and quite a few folks seem to be reporting success with SipMe. Will give them a try.

Cheers, Brian

smico 07-30-2006 04:06 PM

Voipbuster

Voipbuster works 2 legs for me. Sometimes... But not today...

nico059 08-10-2006 11:48 PM

hi,
wengo seems to not work on 2 legs for the web callback
(previously in this thread: april 2006 it seemed to work)

affinity 08-19-2006 07:38 AM

For those that have tested FreeCall okay with both legs of a web callback.... did you use the same FreeCall account without any need to have the account adjusted in any way?

My SIPME account needed to be adjusted so that the same account could be used for two legs of the call, it works fine, but the adjustment was required for SIPME.