Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   delay in dialing out! (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3317)

sprinter 08-12-2008 04:36 PM

delay in dialing out!
 
I've searched, but didn't find anything!

My Vox has 4 registered providers (Acanac, Voicenetwork, Eutelia and Pennytel). I use Acanac for most of my inbound needs, and only use Acanac for my outbound needs.

My issues that started in the last few days or so are:

1. There is a significant delay after I dial the number before it rings. I mean, if I finish dialing 4169671111, there is about 15 seconds of "dead air" before it rings the far end. Why?

My dial plan with Vox is the following:
Priority = 10 (nothing else smaller is active)
If number equals = nxxnxxxxxx
Then route to = Acanac

My dial plan in my PAP2-NA is the following:
(*[56]00S0 |911S0|*xxx[x*]. |x |*xx |1[89]76x.! |1[79]00x.! |1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |#x1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |011xx. |411S0 |<416:1416>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |#x<416:1416>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |<647:1647>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |#x<647:1647>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |<905:1905>[2-9]xxxxxxS0 |#x<905:1905>[2-9]xxxxxxS0|P5 <:??????????> )

The ?'s at the end is for my "hot ring" settings if nothing is dialed for 5 seconds. I'm sure I can tweak this more, but it's taken right from the Tutorial found here

2. Randomly, audio disappears either at the beginning of the call, or at various lengths in the call. This issue has plauged me for both inbound and outbound calls (inbound tested through Acanac and Voicenetwork, and outbound only tested through Acanac).

Again, settings were followed from the PAP tutorial link provided above.

All test calls to *500 and *600 are always fine! Is there any other way I can duplicate the errors? BTW, I've got port forwarding setup in my router (running DD-WRT). The ports forwarded were the standard (16384-16428 I think...). I saw these numbers on one of the posts here!

I'm beginning to question my payment to Vox. Ever since I've got VoIP working through here, I've had more issues than smooth sailing. Before Vox, my ATA was the only piece of hardware, and no such issues came through there!

Any knowledgeable souls care to take a shot at either, or both?

thanks,
Sprinter.

emoci 08-13-2008 05:32 AM

1. First, I suggest dumming down your Dial Plan to this (it should continue to do everything your current one does):

(<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|011xx.|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|*xx|[*#x][*x].)

2. A few highlights that may help with incoming calls

-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up in your ATA (stun.xten.com has been working for me)

-If you are behind a router that has UPnP, make sure it's active

-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16384-16482 (This is a bit hardware/software specific, but it is the correct range for the PAP2)

-Take a look at this if it helps: Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ

-I'd suggest this codec string in your Provider setup in VoXalot: ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

-You may also want to consider Audio Optimization: HowTo: 6 Steps To Optimize Your Audio - Voxalot FAQ

Confirming things are working:

Outgoing Calls : Can you reach *600 (Echo Test)
Incoming Calls: Can you reach the ATA via SIPBroker or the EziDial

Quote:

If you enter your VoXalot URI here (like xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com) SIPBroker - EziDial and press dial, does your phone ring and do you hear the ECHO test message?
3. About speeding up dialing
You can speed up dialing delays by entering # after you have dialed the number you wish to call

sprinter 08-14-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
1. First, I suggest dumming down your Dial Plan to this (it should continue to do everything your current one does):

(<:1>[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|011xx.|1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|*xx|[*#x][*x].)

Done! I knew there was an optimized version of what I was using...just being lazy about it:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
2. A few highlights that may help with incoming calls

-Preferably make sure you have STUN set up in your ATA (stun.xten.com has been working for me)

I had it enabled already...actually using stun.xten.com itself!
Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
-If you are behind a router that has UPnP, make sure it's active

Already active!
Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
-This is optional, but it may help to open these port ranges and forward them to your ATA's IP:

5050-5064
5000-5005
16384-16482 (This is a bit hardware/software specific, but it is the correct range for the PAP2)

Added the first 2 ranges...
Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
-Take a look at this if it helps: Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ

Done! Some settings here were different then the "complete tutorial" link (see original post).

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
-I'd suggest this codec string in your Provider setup in VoXalot: ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm

Done!
Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
-You may also want to consider Audio Optimization: HowTo: 6 Steps To Optimize Your Audio - Voxalot FAQ

It gets interesting here...see results below!
Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
Confirming things are working:

Outgoing Calls : Can you reach *600 (Echo Test)
Incoming Calls: Can you reach the ATA via SIPBroker or the EziDial

Can NOT reach *600 from ATA, if I change the Symmetric NAT handling to NO (dead air). If I change it back to YES, echo test starts immediately from ATA.

However, if I use EziDial, echo test (or ATA) is reachable...and the NAT handling settings of YES or NO both work!
Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 18463)
3. About speeding up dialing
You can speed up dialing delays by entering # after you have dialed the number you wish to call

Thanks for this...it does speed up "sending" the dialed number faster!

emoci 08-14-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinter (Post 18490)
Can NOT reach *600 from ATA, if I change the Symmetric NAT handling to NO (dead air). If I change it back to YES, echo test starts immediately from ATA.

However, if I use EziDial, echo test (or ATA) is reachable...and the NAT handling settings of YES or NO both work!

For STUN settings, under NAT Support Parameters, there are two possible setup profiles:

The First:

Handle VIA received: Yes
Handle VIA rport: Yes
Insert VIA received: Yes
Insert VIA rport: Yes
Substitute VIA Addr: No
Send Resp To Src Port: No
STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Test Enable: No
STUN Server: stun.xten.com
EXT IP: (blank)
EXT RTP Port Min: (blank)
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 20 (or 30)

or

The Second (this is the one I'm using with my PAP2):

Handle VIA received: No
Handle VIA rport: No
Insert VIA received: No
Insert VIA rport: No
Substitute VIA Addr: Yes
Send Resp To Src Port: Yes
STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Test Enable: No
STUN Server: stun.xten.com
EXT IP: (blank)
EXT RTP Port Min: (blank)
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 20 (or 30)


Setup each profile in turn , and then retry to see if you can get things working with Symmetric NAT disabled: HowTo: 6 Steps To Optimize Your Audio - Voxalot FAQ

BTW, the port ranges you've opened (you opened both TCP/UDP right? )


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.