Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My VoxAlot # never ring! (no incoming call) (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=139)

cgigate 05-04-2006 05:01 AM

My VoxAlot # never ring! (no incoming call)

I tried to set up my Cisco 7960, ATA Leadtek 8051, softphone Jphone.
but non of them could get incoming ring!
Outgoing call looks OK, I can dial 600 or 500!
but no incoming call, my phone have never ring!
what is the problem ?

alfredwesterveld 05-04-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate
I tried to set up my Cisco 7960, ATA Leadtek 8051, softphone Jphone.
but non of them could get incoming ring!
Outgoing call looks OK, I can dial 600 or 500!
but no incoming call, my phone have never ring!
what is the problem ?

We will need a little bit more information to help you out. For examples settings for phones, structure of your network(directly connected to the internet, or maybe router in between), maybe your number so i can try to call you, etc etc!

ctylor 05-09-2006 03:15 AM

We're suffering this problem at my parent's place.
Setup is:
a) ATA: SPA-2002 with STUN enabled (specifically Substitute VIA Addr & Send Resp To Src Port: Yes) plugged in router
b) Router: Belkin Pre-N Wireless router (symmetric NAT), anti-hacker "firewall" disabled but NAT still in place, SPA-2002 private IP in the Belkin DMZ
c) Internet: cable modem (1 Mbps up, 6 Mbps down)

The SPA-2002 is registered on line one with Voxalot. Can call out fine. Can only be called by 'phoning' the user@ipaddress directly. Calling user@voxalot.com fails (caller hears long pause then a fast busy signal). This seems to be caused by the Belkin. This problem is not observed on my very similar setup at a different location with a full cone NAT D-Link router.

cgigate 05-09-2006 04:18 PM

My Cisco 7960' setting is pretty straight,
SIP proxy server:voxalot.com
port: 5060
user name: voxlot#
password: my password

I attach Cisco 7960 to internet directly, it still cannot ring, all incoming call to VM directly. Call another Voxlot user is OK.

ctylor 05-09-2006 10:39 PM

Yeah, my problem is different, and probably symmetric NAT related. We get a long pause then a fast busy, not a direct to voice mail call. Normally your problem is caused when your phone/ata is not continually registered with the VOIP provider--when it will register to make an outgoing call (which would appear to work fine) but all incoming calls go to VM because it appears that your ata/phone is not presently registered with the provider and they don't have a device to ring when they get a call.

alfredwesterveld 05-09-2006 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgigate
My Cisco 7960' setting is pretty straight,
SIP proxy server:voxalot.com
port: 5060
user name: voxlot#
password: my password

I attach Cisco 7960 to internet directly, it still cannot ring, all incoming call to VM directly. Call another Voxlot user is OK.

1. Maybe you got callforwarding settings messed up :$?
2. Try shorting interval cisco reregisters with server (let's say 5 minutes==360 seconds)
3. Try using sipbroker ezidial and see if you can dial yourself (www.sipbroker.com). You have to be signed in to use ezidial.
4. Use stun-server

Good luck.

cgigate 05-10-2006 05:07 AM

It looks Voxalot not working on Cisco 7960.
I can only dial out 600 and 500, all other numbers get fast busy.
no incoming calls

martin 05-10-2006 05:31 AM

If you can only call 500 and 600 then it is an authentication issue.

1. Check your credentials are ok including the authentication realm=voxalot.com. On the Cisco phones this defaults to the network domain name.
2. Can you trap the reply messages you are receiving back from VoXaLot. The reply message will tell you exactly what the problem is.

cgigate 05-20-2006 05:15 AM

Finally, I fixed the issue.
It was Cisco firmware not compatible. I changed to latest firmware 8.02.
Now it works beautiful, message red LED is very nice when new message in the voice box!