Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VoXaLot Now Supports SIP Registrations (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=190)

martin 05-28-2006 05:08 AM

VoXaLot Now Supports SIP Registrations

We are pleased to announce the beta release of our new SIP registration functionality.

To use this feature:

1. On the "My Account" page select your "Preferred Server". This is the server hat will be used to perform the SIP registrations.

2. On the provider details page for each provider you want to register, simply select "Yes" in the "SIP Register" field.

Server replications take place every 5 mins. Please allow this much time for your change to take effect.

Please post any questions, issues or comments in this thread.

Thanks.

Mallycat 05-28-2006 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin
We are pleased to announce the beta release of our new SIP registration functionality.

Martin

Looks good, and I have some questions.

1) can I have more than 1 VSP registered?
2) if I have DIDs with both, will they both be able to ring my ATA?
3) should I change my ata setup to use voxalot.com.au now (ie faster server) or is it still too soon?

Matt

martin 05-28-2006 05:31 AM

Hi Matt,

1,2 and 3 = yes

Edit: Whatever server you choose for the ATA should also be set on the "Member Details" page in VoXaLot. This is not a hard rule but is recommended.

pmerrill 05-28-2006 05:43 AM

Sorry, I'll bite. What exactly does this functionality provide if setup properly? Do I need to change the setting in my ATA?

maxalot 05-28-2006 05:44 AM

A suggestion.
How about feedback on the status of the Registration ? It would be handy to know if the Registration is working.

martin 05-28-2006 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmerrill
Sorry, I'll bite. What exactly does this functionality provide if setup properly? Do I need to change the setting in my ATA?

It allows VoXaLot to register with other SIP providers on your behalf. This is useful for some DIDs that require registration and streamlining all inbound calls from all your providers into your VoXaLot account.

You dont need to change your ATA settings to use this feature.

@maxalot, good idea...it is going on the to-do list. Also I notice a registration in the logs that appears to be yours timing out. Obviously having the feature you suggest would give you visability of this error.

Thanks

maxalot 05-28-2006 06:06 AM

Quote:

Imagine you have a VSP that requires you to have your ATA registered before you can make a call. Now imagine that you want to use more than one VSP and they all require you to register your ATA before you can make a call. This is a problem since you can only register most ATA's (except those with 2 or more lines) to one provider. VoXaLot steps in and does the registration for you.

eg. I have a sipgate account, however sipgate do have support call forwarding and therefore to use sipgate to make calls and receive calls I must have my ATA registered to them. With the introduction of SIP registrations this is no longer necessary.

maxalot 05-28-2006 06:08 AM

Quote:

@maxalot, good idea...it is going on the to-do list. Also I notice a registration in the logs that appears to be yours timing out. Obviously having the feature you suggest would give you visability of this error.

Thanks

OK, I'll digup and ATA and double check the settings and remove the registration from VoXaLot so I don't fill up the logs unnecessarily.

pmerrill 05-28-2006 06:14 AM

Ok.

So, I have a DID through AstraTEL and I know I need to register with AstraTEL for the DID to make my ATA ring.

My ATA currently points to Voxalot, which means I can make outgoing calls but calls to my AstraTEL DID will not connect because I have not registered with them.

With this new functionality, I keep my ATA registered with Voxalot but set SIP Register to Yes on the AstraTEL provider entry. Outgoing calls are still the same but now incoming calls to my AstraTEL DID will be routed to Voxalot and then my ATA so that it rings when someone calls my AstraTEL DID.

Is that about right?

maxalot 05-28-2006 06:22 AM

Quote:

Ok.

So, I have a DID through AstraTEL and I know I need to register with AstraTEL for the DID to make my ATA ring.

My ATA currently points to Voxalot, which means I can make outgoing calls but calls to my AstraTEL DID will not connect because I have not registered with them.

With this new functionality, I keep my ATA registered with Voxalot but set SIP Register to Yes on the AstraTEL provider entry. Outgoing calls are still the same but now incoming calls to my AstraTEL DID will be routed to Voxalot and then my ATA so that it rings when someone calls my AstraTEL DID.

Is that about right?

This is exactly the point!

Mallycat 05-28-2006 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxalot
This is exactly the point!

So I think rather than buy a SPA3000, buy one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/VoIP-PSTN-2-Line...QQcmdZViewItem

And then use any old ATA (without Gateway functionality), and register with VoXaLot, and you get it all! Very good guys.:)

Matt

maxalot 05-28-2006 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallycat
So I think rather than buy a SPA3000, buy one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/VoIP-PSTN-2-Line...QQcmdZViewItem
Matt

Those switches are also good for getting better audio quality on your PSTN calls with the SPA3K
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallycat
And then use any old ATA (without Gateway functionality), and register with VoXaLot, and you get it all! Very good guys.:)
Matt

This is the point I was making back here Anyone tried voxalot ?

fozzie 05-28-2006 11:17 AM

Yay, great work Martin. I've just registered my Sipgate account and the DID is working. Thanks a lot :)

I do have a problem with voicemail though; If I ring my Sipgate DID, after about 30 seconds the ATA stops ringing, although the calling party continues to hear ringing indication. I then get an email from Voxalot with a blank (151 byte) wav file.

Any ideas? Thanks.

ataboy 05-28-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fozzie
I do have a problem with voicemail though; If I ring my Sipgate DID, after about 30 seconds the ATA stops ringing, although the calling party continues to hear ringing indication. I then get an email from Voxalot with a blank (151 byte) wav file.

I get exactly the same problem as Fozzie. Also, not all VSPs seem to register. I can work around it with redirects though.

ataboy

Ron 05-28-2006 11:54 AM

VoXaLot voicemail doesn't work on incoming calls for me either. After approximately 30 seconds of ringing, it appears that VoXaLot abandons the call and I get the voicemail of the provider (if it has voicemail support). This happens with registered providers or calls simply forwarded to VoXaLot.

Ron

maxalot 05-28-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Yay, great work Martin. I've just registered my Sipgate account and the DID is working. Thanks a lot :)

I wish mine would work. I'll have another go tomorrow

martin 05-28-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron
VoXaLot voicemail doesn't work on incoming calls for me either. After approximately 30 seconds of ringing, it appears that VoXaLot abandons the call and I get the voicemail of the provider (if it has voicemail support). This happens with registered providers or calls simply forwarded to VoXaLot.

Ron

We will look at the voicemail issue.

Thanks

Ron 05-28-2006 08:40 PM

Martin,

Disregard the problem described below. I managed to fix it with some changes to my PAP2's NAT configuration. I don't fully understand why StanaPhone is more picky than the rest, but the important part is that all incoming calls now work.

Ron

==========

Martin,

I have seven providers set up using SIP registration on voxalot.com:

Free World Dialup
FreeDigits
Gizmo Project
PlainVoIP
StanaPhone
Vbuzzer
Voxee

They all work fine except for incoming calls on StanaPhone. The calls complete ok, but there is no audio in either direction. I have played with the codec order and also tried limiting it one codec or another (they support at least g711 and g729), but no audio ever comes through in either direction.

Any suggestions what I can try next?

Ron

moollar 05-29-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

GREAT NEWS MARTIN! :D

Will let you know if I can think of any suggestions, etc.

ahniu 05-29-2006 02:03 AM

just wondering what about latency ??

example i'm from Melbourne with an Australian SIP, i.e. sip.oztralia.com. When i make calls via oztralia, will the latency be as follow:

my home (AUS) --> voxalot.com (US) --> sip.oztralia.com (AUS)
and, sip.oztralia.com (AUS) --> voxalot.com (US) --> my home (AUS)

quality wise ???

xcaliba 05-29-2006 02:19 AM

Voxalot have just released the Australian server as well :)

You need to select the AU server in you profile and then use voxalot.com.au as your sip proxy.

ahniu 05-29-2006 04:38 AM

thank you very much, the australian server will be very helpful.

by the way, what about voxalot server in Asia Pacific ?? if yes, which country ??

aneip 05-29-2006 08:57 AM

I try to use my local vsp which didnt support web call back and also dial-plan.. I was thinking voxalot will support my vsp once registration feature is up.. Can you check why my vsp still unable to register? whether it blocked by my provider or what.. my voxalot number is 555505 and I talking about Jaring - 5505 (my015.com).

If the service able to register succesfully would I be able to use webcall back? or just receive incoming call to my voxalot?

martin 05-29-2006 09:49 AM

Hello,

Your registration looks like it is not working:

Code:

Host                            Username      Refresh State
my015.com:5060                  0154*******      3600 Auth. Sent

If successful the State field will say "Registered"

fozzie 05-29-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahniu
example i'm from Melbourne with an Australian SIP, i.e. sip.oztralia.com. When i make calls via oztralia, will the latency be as follow:

my home (AUS) --> voxalot.com (US) --> sip.oztralia.com (AUS)
and, sip.oztralia.com (AUS) --> voxalot.com (US) --> my home (AUS)

quality wise ???

No, it shouldn't be; the RTP stream (carrying the audio) should be direct between the two ends. Voxalot just proxies the signalling for the call set-up.

martin 05-29-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Any ideas? Thanks.

Are you able to re-try this test. It should now goto voicemail after 30 secs.

fozzie 05-29-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Are you able to re-try this test. It should now goto voicemail after 30 secs.

It certainly does. Great work Martin.

Voxalot now meets all my needs and I can happily lose my PSTN line next week. This is so easy to set up; the dial plans are great, voicemail and now SIP registration for DIDs. :) Who wants to faff around trying to configure complicated and expensive ATAs?! Voxalot does it all.

(One small area that could possibly be cleaned up - the voicemail UI; it's not the most intuitive. A minor criticism though ;))

Edit: Oh yeah, and voicemail timestamps in local time :)

ataboy 05-29-2006 02:55 PM

Quote:

It certainly does. Great work Martin.

I mentioned earlier that I had the same problem as Fozzie. Just to let you know that it's now working fine for me as well. It just gets better!

ataboy

ctylor 05-30-2006 12:05 AM

Different problem, but voice mail issue still: I have VBuzzer registered with my Voxalot account, but when I try to call my username@vbuzzer.com:80 using Gizmo Project, to see if it gets forwarded to my ATA alright, it goes directly to Vbuzzer voice mail. The Vbuzzer computer voice tells me the user at extension ###### (which is my Voxalot account number) is not available and to please leave a message. Apparently VBuzzer is hard to configure even with an ATA, but I know in my Voxalot provider plan I did do the correct thing of saying my proxy is vbuzzer.com and the port is 80 (not 5060 as normal). So I think Voxalot needs to tweak a setting on its end as well.

No problems: I can confirm that FWD, FreeDigits, and Gizmo Project all work perfectly as SIP providers to register with through Voxalot's new registration feature, so that calling my SIP address for each of these three all ring my ATA. :-)

richard 05-30-2006 02:03 AM

Hi Martin

You guys are great!!! I was hoping for this feature, but didn't think you would implement it so quickly.

I'm having a problem though.

Here there are:

1. My eyeBeam is registered with voxalot.com.au and works fine. When I change my Sipura ATA to voxalot.com.au, it receives calls from providers where SIP Register = Yes, but their is no sound when I pick-up and I get a fast busy tone 5 seconds later. When I change the ATA back to voxalot.com, it "MOSTLY" gets the calls and I can hear the caller. I was trying to keep both the voxalot web registered server and the ATA voxalot proxy the same.

2. When I dial some VSP's DID, it is answered by Voxalot, but they are not transfered to my ATA, which is registered to voxalot.com. Some are and some aren't

3. There is a noticeable delay when speaking for calls answered by Voxalot and transfered to my ATA.

Any insight on these issues?

Richard
Voxalot 416502

richard 05-30-2006 02:22 AM

Hi Martin

This might help with troubleshooting.

1. vBuzzer - Does not even ring on Voxalot on ATA :-(
2. Sipphone - Rings & Two-Way Conversation - Lag
3. Stanaphone - Rings, but NO AUDIO
4. FWD - Rings, No Audio, then fast busy - sometimes rings once on ATA and then goes to Voxalot VM.
5. Sipgate - Rings, Two-Way Conversation - Lag

Hope this helps.

Richard

pvergers 05-31-2006 11:00 AM

More voicemail issues

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctylor
I have VBuzzer registered with my Voxalot account, but when I try to call ... to see if it gets forwarded to my ATA alright, it goes directly to Vbuzzer voice mail. The Vbuzzer computer voice tells me the user at extension ###### (which is my Voxalot account number) is not available and to please leave a message.

I have what seems to be the same problem with Koala, although I think it is actually Voxalot voicemail (how would Vbuzzer know your voxalot account number?). My registration with voxalot is fine, and other calls that are forwarded through voxalot are comming through ok. I would really love it if this worked for Koala, and it seems so close as voxalot are obviously picking up the call, just cant seem to forward through to me correcty ...???

Great effort though guys, love the idea (pls get it to work!!)

[edit: spelling]

martin 05-31-2006 02:11 PM

We have observered this happening when you change preferred VoXaLot servers on the member details and it takes a little while for the old server registration to get dropped by the provider.

Are you able to confirm if this was the case?

richard 06-01-2006 12:16 AM

Hi Martin

Can you please tell me if ALL my VSPs are successfully registering with Voxalot?

I'm especially having problems with vBuzzer and not sure if it is successfully registering.

My VSP's are:

vbuzzer.com (on port 80)
sip1.sipdiscount.com
proxy01.sipphone.com
fwd.pulver.com
sip.stanaphone.com
sipgate.co.uk
voip.eutelia.it
voip.eutelia.it

Thanks

Richard
VBuzzer 416502

maxalot 06-01-2006 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard
Can you please tell me if ALL my VSPs are successfully registering with Voxalot?
sipgate.co.uk

Don 't know about the others but sipgate do have a status on the account home page.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...on/sipgate.png

martin 06-01-2006 01:50 AM

Im at a client location ATM but will check this tonight.

richard 06-01-2006 03:02 AM

Hi Martin

Sipgate seems to work nicely and yes the status page does show the device as online.

Its the vBuzzer that not working at all.

The Sipphone sometimes goes to sometimes to Sipphone VM and sometimes rings through to my Sipura ATA 3000

The StanaPhone is problematic :-( One-way communication.

Thought getting the status from Voxalot will help with the troubleshooting.

Thanks again and I'll lookout for your status update.

Take care

Richard

pvergers 06-01-2006 11:56 AM

Quote:

We have observered this happening when you change preferred VoXaLot servers on the member details and it takes a little while for the old server registration to get dropped by the provider.

Are you able to confirm if this was the case?

No here is what I did:
1 Drop the registration from my ATA
2 update Voxalot->Providers->koala->SIP register = true
3 wait 5 minutes
4 call koala account
- Results in msg "[voxalot number] is not available pls leave a msg" or similar
5 wait 30 minutes
6 repeat step 4 - result is the same:(

amts 06-01-2006 01:01 PM

I couldn't get Koala to work as well. Same symptoms as pvergers. This happens when another Koala user is calling my Koala number.

For Astratel, I get garbled caller ID on my phone. Another Astratel user would call my Astratel number and as soon as I pick up, I get the fast busy tone.

Edit: However, calling out is fine. It's just incoming that's the problem.

phoneuser 06-01-2006 02:43 PM

Finarea/ BetaMAX DID does not work!!

Anyone successful?