Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Voxalot incoming not working (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=665)

RDP 11-07-2006 09:39 AM

Voxalot incoming not working

I just joined and had incoming calls via Sipbroker PSTN numbers working fine for about the first week, suddenly things have stopped working. I've checked my accounts, my firewall, my portmapping, my pants.... everything! I can't figure out why this isn't working! Any assistance is much appreciated.

Hardware: ATA-186
Softphone: X-Lite

So confused......

Thanks in advance,
RDP

Ron 11-07-2006 10:26 AM

The problem is not yours. Incoming calls via registered providers are not working.

This will require Martin's attention.

Ron

RDP 11-07-2006 11:29 AM

Wow, fastest forum reply ever....... I'll sit tight then until further notice.

Thanks again.

RDP.

martin 11-07-2006 12:08 PM

Should be ok now. 2 providers sip.telefonip.ro and gossiptel appear to have DNS problems that affected the service.

I have removed those entries for now.

Thanks

Edit: Talking with Craig today we will make a minor change to our registration framework to work around a this really bad asterisk DNS problem.

RDP 11-07-2006 02:20 PM

Ok, I am getting outgoing and incoming working now but they are both quite iffy. About half of my incoming calls are ringing busy.

Testing using:

1: X-Lite dials SipBroker access number
2: Dial Voxalot code *010 and voxalot user number.

Getting 50% hit rate this way at this moment. Not sure if it's me or the issues your having.

Aditionally this SEEMS to be the only way I can TEST my incoming call cababilites with my ATA-186 (I actually do NOT want to be using a softphone, only when testing settings). Is my dialplan shot??? I even have problems dialing voicemail (500) even though the dial plan tester mentions my calls will go to voxalot:

"A call to:500 will get forwarded to sip:500@voxalot.com"

Kind of stumped.....

Thanks once again,
RDP

Patrick 11-07-2006 04:02 PM

Am I having the same problem?

I am sorry, if I made a mistake. Pretty new to this.

I tried calling my voxalot sip (tie to a Nokia E61) using an ATA and kept getting my voxalot voice mailbox instead.

I have made sure my E61 is registered and even used it to access my Voxalot mailbox to check voicemails.

I have also ensured that my call forwarding page is blank.

Is this the same problem with incoming calls, or I have gone wrong somewhere?

Regards

Pat

441516 11-07-2006 04:18 PM

Patrick, I think you should check the parameters in your router,ata,firewall etc set up as at this very moment everything works that suposed to work.

Patrick 11-07-2006 04:40 PM

Hmm..

I have a PAP2T, my line 1 is not connected, Line 2 is configured for FWD.

I can use my E61 registered with voxaloat to call my FWD number and the phone attached to the PAP2T rings.

But when I use the PAP2T phone to call my voxalot number, it goes straight into the voxalot voicemail. I have nothing set in my forwarding page.

What could be wrong? Based on the fact that my ATA will ring when using E61 connected to Voxalot , I don't see why it won't work the other way around.

Any idea where I should start looking?

thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 441516 (Post 3901)
Patrick, I think you should check the parameters in your router,ata,firewall etc set up as at this very moment everything works that suposed to work.

lulucachoo 11-07-2006 10:03 PM

My sipgate accounts aren't registering; 'Failed'. (VXL:260292)
My other providers say they're registered on VoXaLot but aren't when I call them.
What's going on?

EDIT: OK, now calls from everyone but sipgate are getting through but going straight to VM.

martin 11-07-2006 11:35 PM

If the status is failed it is due to incorrect settings. You might want to check your provider settings.

Other calls going to VM would be because your ATA/device is not registered with VoXaLot.

Easy for me to check this if you PM me your 6 digit number.