Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Coming Soon - New CFWD and speed dial features (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1073)

martin 02-19-2007 11:14 AM

Coming Soon - New CFWD and speed dial features

Hi,

We will shortly be releasing our new call forwarding and speed dial engines. The call forwarding engine is significantly different from the existing one and as such any call forwarding entries that you currently have will be purged when we deploy.

Please make a note of your current entries and we will notify you (via email) once we deploy the features.

Both of these new features allow termination via your providers and/or dial plan as well as URI.

Call forwarding also allows you to forward calls at certain times of the day:

http://www.voxalot.com/images/cfwd1.jpg

http://www.voxalot.com/images/cfwd.jpg

Thanks

Jorge 02-19-2007 06:27 PM

Thanks!

This is great news. Will this service become a premium feature?

What software does "Clicking on a SIP URI link will only work for click-to-dial software" refer to? At first I thought forwarding to SIP URI was no longer possible, until I read your post again.

martin 02-19-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jorge (Post 5706)
This is great news. Will this service become a premium feature?

Call forwarding will become premium once premium launches. Speed dial will remain free. For now though, they will be made available to all members.

The new features support forwarding and speed dialling to both numbers (via providers and/or dial plans) and URI's.

Clicking on a URI will launch whatever application or softphone you have installed to service SIP URI's.

Cris77 02-19-2007 09:29 PM

What changes should we aspect when the Premioum service will be launched?
What will be still free?

-Cris

martin 02-19-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cris77 (Post 5717)
What will be still free?

A full feature list will be announced at launch. Off the record, the free service will still allow you to use any cluster, use voice mail, speed dialling, setup unlimited dial plans with ENUM, SIP Broker and Geo lookups and have unlimited outbound providers as well as forum support.

Provider registrations,Web/Mobile mobile callback,Call Forwarding and a new support ticketing system will only be available to premium members.

Edit: The new CDR (call history) and dial plan fall back functionality once released will also be made available to free members. Anyway please wait for the official feature list which will be released shortly.

pranzo 02-19-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 5719)
Provider registrations,Web/Mobile mobile callback,Call Forwarding and speed dialing will only be available to premium members.

Provider registration will not be available for free users?
I currently need provider registrations, and I think that also other users do.
So, I believe that all the users will have two alternatives: to become premium members or to leave VoXaLot.

Cris77 02-19-2007 10:39 PM

:eek: I am with Pranzo. It's a bit disappointing. :eek:

However... it's your business, I cannot really say a lot about it.
I guess it's time to resume the asterisk server I installed a year ago on my Linksys.

Thanks anyway for the free service you have provided till now.

-Cris

Tony 02-19-2007 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranzo (Post 5723)
Provider registration will not be available for free users?
I currently need provider registrations, and I think that also other users do.
So, I believe that all the users will have two alternatives: to become premium members or to leave VoXaLot.

Provider registrations are generally only required for inbound calling and not for outbound calling. Also Provider registrations take up significant resources on the the VoXaLot servers, which cost us money. While we are trying to continue to offer as much functionality as possible for free, we have to charge for some services so that we can cover our costs as well as be able to afford to pay ourselves so that we can continue to improve the service and continue to develop new features and functions. That being said we are conscious of the fact that our community uses VoXaLot to save money, consequently we are not planning on charging exorbitant fees for VoXPremium, but rather a nominal annual fee, which should be far outweighed by the value you get from the service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cris77 (Post 5724)

I guess it's time to resume the asterisk server I installed a year ago on my Linksys.

-Cris

Cris - There will be a cost for you to run your asterisk server obviously. I am guessing our annual fee should be less that what it would cost you to run an asterisk server, not to mention the time and effort required to develop the functionality we have added to VoXaLot and will continue to add in the future.

Tony.

Cris77 02-19-2007 10:58 PM

What about voicemail?
Will it be still free?

pranzo 02-19-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

-Cris
Thanks from me too.
But I dare to make another proposal to the staff.
Free users could be limited to n1 provider registrations and n2 speed dials.
Let choose n1 and n2 to your taste.

Tony 02-19-2007 11:13 PM

Voice mail is free

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cris77 (Post 5726)
What about voicemail?
Will it be still free?

Yes, voice mail will remain free.

Also Martin has made a mistake in his post, speed dialing will also remain free.

Tony.

pranzo 02-19-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony (Post 5725)
Provider registrations are generally only required for inbound calling and not for outbound calling.

Maybe you are right, I am not an expert user. I have set up only three provider, but one is an experiment and in practice I use only two of them for outbound calling. One of this, Gizmo, has required registration to make calling out possible.

david 02-20-2007 11:32 AM

I hope they'll keep some free option to forward all incoming calls to a different SIP URI by default. It comes in handy sometimes if I'm testing something out and I'm registered with a different service.

pranzo 02-20-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranzo (Post 5730)
Maybe you are right, I am not an expert user. I have set up only three provider, but one is an experiment and in practice I use only two of them for outbound calling. One of this, Gizmo, has required registration to make calling out possible.

The moderator has written to me his doubts about my statement. Indeed, after some trials I have verified that no registration is needed to call out with Gizmo. My mistake was due to the fact that the username to specify in Gizmo is the number and not the accountname.
Thanks.

shezad 02-20-2007 03:59 PM

What price are we talking about almost ?

Is it monthly charges ? A year charge ? About how mutch ?

The service has to now bean super, and i do understand that voxalot wants to start charging, all depends on the amount :)

If there are many voxalot users out there, then maybe the price will be less so they can cover theyr cost

244751 02-21-2007 04:22 AM

The wait is killing me. When is this feature going to be available?

martin 02-21-2007 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 244751 (Post 5778)
The wait is killing me. When is this feature going to be available?

OK today we completed our internal testing and are ready for public beta. If you would like to beta test these features please PM me your 6 digit number.

Thanks.

244751 02-21-2007 04:59 AM

Count me in for testing. PM sent although in my case my six digits voxalot ID is the same as my forum ID.

shezad 02-21-2007 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 5779)
OK today we completed our internal testing and are ready for public beta. If you would like to beta test these features please PM me your 6 digit number.

Thanks.

I would like to be a beta tester, a PM with my 6 digit number is sent you

martin 02-21-2007 11:29 AM

Thanks guys we've had over 20 people now volunteer which is great. There are now more than enough testers.

Thanks.

zaq 02-23-2007 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pranzo (Post 5727)
Free users could be limited to n1 provider registrations

Good idea, 1 registration per free account

If not possible, how about a donation for 1 registration.

Please consider.

affinity 02-23-2007 06:46 AM

I'm pretty sure that you will find that the 'donation' amount you probably have in mind is likely to be similar or greater than the cost that will be applied for premium membership subscription.

And I am also pretty sure that Martin and the team would appreciate any donations that are made to help them continue to grow and expand their service.

NB: I, as a moderator, have no financial benefit from any donations you make to voxalot -- that is between you and them alone.

Lanh 02-24-2007 09:24 AM

Does all this mean to be able to receive incoming calls that we'll have to pay? Is that what the registrations handle?

martin 02-24-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl. (Post 5916)
Does all this mean to be able to receive incoming calls that we'll have to pay? Is that what the registrations handle?

Incoming calls from registered providers only. Incoming calls directly into you VoXaLot account will remain exactly the way they are now.

As affinity points out the premium subscription is going to be very reasonable. We ask that the community reserve their judgements until they see the announcment.

Thanks.

Lanh 02-24-2007 10:22 AM

Thanks for the reply Martin, appreciate it.

I wasn't making any judgements to be honest, just trying to get clarification due to not fully understanding the terminology used! lol!

I presume we'll be notified by email at least 48hrs in advance of the registration switch off?

martin 02-24-2007 11:49 AM

Sorry Carl my comments were not directed at you. I was merely asking the community to please wait for the official announcement.

After premium is announced there will be a 30 day period before we make any changes.

Thanks.

Lanh 02-24-2007 12:46 PM

Excellent news on the 30day period, it'll mean I won't be caught out when the switch takes place. Sincerely though, please send the notification/announcement by email as well as posting here, I rarely visit here or indeed the website because the system is so reliable I barely have to touch it. ;)

martin 02-24-2007 01:03 PM

No problem Carl we will definitely be sending out an email when we announce. Thanks for the feedback.

Mesmer 02-24-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 5923)
Sorry Carl my comments were not directed at you. I was merely asking the community to please wait for the official announcement.

After premium is announced there will be a 30 day period before we make any changes.

Thanks.

Will Paypal be the only way to pay or will credit card payments be possible? I suspect I'm not alone in not having or wanting a Paypal account.

shezad 02-24-2007 02:12 PM

Hi Martin

Im getting problem to make my provider account to work on beta test on one of my account it would not registered on the server, it will register on regular voxalot base. I have sended you a private message, will you give me some comments on the case ?

affinity 02-24-2007 03:31 PM

Make sure that you only have SIP register set on one server at a time otherwise that will cause problems. I currently have two providers registered with the test server.

shezad 02-24-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by affinity (Post 5933)
Make sure that you only have SIP register set on one server at a time otherwise that will cause problems. I currently have two providers registered with the test server.

i have only one server at a time on the server, i started to register first on test server, i waited like 5 hours nothing happend, then tried to register with voxalot.com then it got registered after some minutes, went back to test base and have now waited again like 5 hours it will not register there :(