Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Call forwarding (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=840)

shezad 12-27-2006 11:16 PM

Call forwarding

Hi

Im still not understanding & getting call forwarding to work. I have checked many of the old post, many people have problem understanding and getting call forward to work.

Can Martin or any one else try to explain the call forwarding function more in details ? no one has taken the time.........

I have registered my voipprovider to voxalot so all of them are registered, what i want it to do now is to do a callforwading........ When i call my regular voip provider number the voxalot ata calls, but when im not home i want it to do a call forwarding to my cell phone.

What is the use of call forwarding if it does not work ? Is it only me ? Tried for couple of months still havent got it to work.

Tried with a registered ata with voxalot, tried it without a registered ata, then all calls goes to voicemail instead of call forwarding.

The call forward guide is not so good for me to understand, i dont know pennytel system ? Im more use to Betamax provider, sipgate, voxalot, televoip.no, phonzo.com and so on.

DracoFelis 12-28-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shezad (Post 4455)
Im still not understanding & getting call forwarding to work. I have checked many of the old post, many people have problem understanding and getting call forward to work.

Call forwarding is an alternative to using the "register" way of receiving inbound VoXaLot calls (i.e. use "call forwarding" or use normal registration with VoXaLot, but not both). I use the "forwarding" approach.

For most people, the only "forwarding" that makes sense, is the "default" entry (i.e. always forward to this location). I personally only use the "default" entry. Here's a hypothetical example on how to set it up:

Let's assume you normally use "Free World Dialup", and your FWD number is 123456. Since FWD provides the proxy "fwd.pulver.com" that anyone can use to ring a FWD number, you would setup VoXalot "forwarding" (to be able to receive inbound VoXaLot calls without being "registered" with VoXaLot), by putting "sip:123456@fwd.pulver.com" (without the quotes) in the "default" "forward to URI" on the VoXaLot web page. You would also change the drop-down next to the default entry to "Enabled" and "Save". After that, inbound VoXaLot calls will ring your FWD phone. Obviously you would want to modify this example with the needed phone number and proxy that you need to ring your adapter.

NOTE: Just because you know the proxy of a VoIP provider, doesn't mean that this will work. Some VoIP providers only allow inbound VoIP calls from their own users, not from the general public. Unless your provider allows inbound VoIP calls from the general public, this will fail.

NOTE: If you really are feeling feisty, it's possible to forward the call directly to some VoIP adapters, bypassing your VoIP company (even if your VoIP company doesn't normally let anyone call you via VoIP). I know this is possible, as I've done it. At least with LinkSys/Sipura model adapters, here are the gory details:
http://faq.sipbroker.com/tiki-index....%20or%20Sipura

shezad 12-29-2006 12:32 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I will try it out

shezad 01-01-2007 02:42 AM

Martin - will it possible in the future to do a call forwarding with dial plan system ? Thats something voxalat team should make it happen soon, the service is one of the best :)

And the suport from this forum is good :)
Keep it up :)

martin 01-01-2007 03:25 AM

Definitely, in fact it is due to be developed and tested this month (Jan)

oladavies 01-08-2007 08:47 PM

Hello Martin,
Thanks for this explanations, I’m having the same situation that need to be solved,
and your post sound clear enough here.
However, the answer to forwarding to a "mobile phone" was left out,
if this is not intentionally?
How will call-forwarding apply to any DDI? in other words, what URI do I have to use.. "sip:myddi@voxalot.com" ('cause that is not working)
see what someone else is saying here

Please check it out and lets know,
thanks for your work

martin 01-08-2007 09:25 PM

The new call forwarding engine will allow forwarding to any VoIP or PSTN number (including mobiles).

Basically a new interface will allow you to enter the phone number you wish to forward to and to select one of your providers.

You will also be able to terminate the call via your dial plan.

Hope this answers your question?

oladavies 01-08-2007 09:35 PM

in did, Martin
waiting anxiously for this new engine
\thanks\

244751 01-09-2007 02:52 AM

Will the new engine allow conditional forwarding. A preference would be to forward only when my ATA is not answered?

martin 01-09-2007 03:27 AM

It will include inbound CID matching and time of day. Unanswered ATA was not captured in our phase 1 reqmt's though. I will make a note for us to consider this feature.