Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   VoXaLot Service Upgrade (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=915)

244751 01-22-2007 07:47 AM

Another question. With this new cluster do we still need the DNS srv options set to true on our ATA.

Also do I need to update my already setup mobile mywebcallback voxalot number from 244751 to *010244751?

Oigle05 01-22-2007 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oigle05 (Post 4813)
I don't think so Martin, but I have the user guide on line so I'll see if I can find anything.

O

Can't find anything that related to speed dials in my ata documentation. My V300 is just a plain, simple ATA without bells and whistles. Looks like this is a "downgrade" for me, but it's not that big a deal as I can call my two contacts (daughters) via SIPME for free anyway. It's just that I really hate it when things get upgraded and then something doesn't work.

O

Ron 01-22-2007 08:39 AM

Martin,

_XXX *${EXTEN} VoXaLot

gets the correct result from Test:

A call to:500 will get forwarded to sip:*500@voxalot.com

but gets a fast busy whenever you actually dial it.

_XXX *010${EXTEN} VoXaLot

gets the correct result from Test:

A call to:500 will get forwarded to sip:*010500@voxalot.com

but prompts for the VoXaLot number and always complains that the login is incorrect.

_XXXXXX *010${EXTEN} VoXaLot

appears to work correctly for VoXaLot numbers.

Ron

martin 01-22-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oigle05 (Post 4815)
It's just that I really hate it when things get upgraded and then something doesn't work.

O

This change was badly needed as our 6 digit numbering space is being used up and extending to 7+ digits will conflict with peoples dial plans.

All I can do is apologise for the inconvenience and attempt to work through peoples issues while we bed down this major change.

@Ron thanks for diagnostics we will look into them in more detail.

zaq 01-22-2007 09:36 AM

My Pennytel DID stopped working, I got enaggaged signal calling from a mobile phone. Is this something related to the upgrade or Pennytel's DID is down? anyone ?

Oigle05 01-22-2007 09:45 AM

Well Martin, I can't get through to any of my Sip numbers via V. I made a dial plan with 1777. firstly and the test says that a call to 1777xxxxxx will go thru OK but all I get is busy tone on a real call. Changed the dial plan to equal the whole Sipme number and got the same result. Registered my ATA directly to Sipme and could call direct to Sipme number without drama. I have tried the same thing with Pennytel and have got the same results.
Sipme and Pennytel are both registered on V on my account and one of my contact's accounts.
So what it boils down to is that I can't make any free SIP calls via V at present.

Oigle05 01-22-2007 10:03 AM

Also, just noticed that one of my contact's accounts doesn't show the Sipme provider as being registered even though I tried to do so a few times.

O

Ron 01-22-2007 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zaq (Post 4821)
My Pennytel DID stopped working, I got enaggaged signal calling from a mobile phone. Is this something related to the upgrade or Pennytel's DID is down? anyone ?

My StanaPhone DID still works after the upgrade. SIP Broker PSTN access is also working.

Ron

Oigle05 01-22-2007 11:54 AM

Martin, can you tell me whether the dial tone I hear on my phone connected to the ATA comes from VoXaLot or the ATA? If V is supplying the DT If I just dial a *, the dial tone stops which would indicate to me that my ATA is forwarding the *. If The ATA supplies it then it is probably stopping the * from going past it.
O

martin 01-22-2007 01:27 PM

Your ATA supplies the dial tone. I'm interested in getting to the bottom of your problem.

Is there any chance that you can run etherreal or ngrep to sniff your network for messages?

Also if you give me your 6 digit number I can look at the logs for any clues.

@zaq, I just sent you a PM could you please take a look.