Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   SIP Broker Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   "Non responding proxy" failure when adding proxy (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=4483)

gunnelsunder 10-19-2009 04:25 PM

"Non responding proxy" failure when adding proxy

When attempting to add a SIP proxy for my domain firstreef.net to SIP Broker I get the following response:

>firstreef.net appears to be a non responding proxy. Please email support@sipbroker.com to confirm.

Would really like to resolve this to provide access through the excellent SIP Broker service.

The domain's SIP service is hosted at iptel.org and working fine - a test SIP URI is sip:echotest [at] firstreef.net which forwards to the Voxalot echo test.

One thing to note is this setup relies on DNS SRV records as the A record for firstreef.net points at a web server:

_sip._tcp.firstreef.net 3600 IN SRV 0 0 5060 sip.firstreef.net
_sip._udp.firstreef.net 3600 IN SRV 0 0 5060 sip.firstreef.net
_sips._tcp.firstreef.net 3600 IN SRV 0 0 5061 sip.firstreef.net

Any help much appreciated.

gunnelsunder 10-21-2009 10:07 AM

More testing - does SIP Broker honour SRV records?

So adding sip.firstreef.net as a proxy worked fine - SIP Code is *9691.

This is not as helpful as it could be as the proxy doesn't field requests for user [at] sip.firstreef.net SIP URIs; ie, for the subdomain, so my users are still unreachable through SIP Broker.

(The echo test above is also at 600 [at] firstreef.net - *9691600 doesn't reach it through SIP Broker, though thanks to a e164.org number range allocation *013882990088070600 does.)

I'm also unable to edit the provider details, possibly because I have registered a user [at] firstreef.net logon.

Next steps really depend on whether SIP Broker honours SRV records at all - ie, in routine SIP INVITE processing. If not, I think my options are (1) replicate my users' SIP accounts on the subdomain - a substantial admin headache, or (2) give up on SIP Broker.

(I suspect it won't come to that given that the e164.org ENUM lookup above yields a user [at] firstreef.net SIP URI, and SIP Broker routes that correctly.)

If this is just an issue when adding the proxy an admin might be able to help out?

Please can I have the *9691 SIP Code pointing at firstreef.net itself rather than the subdomain? Thanks very much in advance.

emoci 10-24-2009 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunnelsunder (Post 25526)
So adding sip.firstreef.net as a proxy worked fine - SIP Code is *9691.

This is not as helpful as it could be as the proxy doesn't field requests for user [at] sip.firstreef.net SIP URIs; ie, for the subdomain, so my users are still unreachable through SIP Broker.

(The echo test above is also at 600 [at] firstreef.net - *9691600 doesn't reach it through SIP Broker, though thanks to a e164.org number range allocation *013882990088070600 does.)

I'm also unable to edit the provider details, possibly because I have registered a user [at] firstreef.net logon.

Next steps really depend on whether SIP Broker honours SRV records at all - ie, in routine SIP INVITE processing. If not, I think my options are (1) replicate my users' SIP accounts on the subdomain - a substantial admin headache, or (2) give up on SIP Broker.

(I suspect it won't come to that given that the e164.org ENUM lookup above yields a user [at] firstreef.net SIP URI, and SIP Broker routes that correctly.)

If this is just an issue when adding the proxy an admin might be able to help out?

Please can I have the *9691 SIP Code pointing at firstreef.net itself rather than the subdomain? Thanks very much in advance.

-SipBroker will honour and process SRV records
-However when you add a new proxy it confirms based on the A record rather than SRV records...

I would suggest that for the time being you can adjust your SRV records and IPTEL setup so that you're hosting SIP at sip.yourdomain.com .... or wait a bit

...and will try to get a message in to Martin or Craig to adjust things at SIPBroker otherwise...

gunnelsunder 10-24-2009 11:13 PM

Thanks, emoci. Getting that confirmed is a great help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 25610)
-SipBroker will honour and process SRV records
-However when you add a new proxy it confirms based on the A record rather than SRV records...

Yes that's what it looks like - and If I'd known that to start with I could have probably got my proxy in without troubling any one... Oh, well, next time.

Quote:

I would suggest that for the time being you can adjust your SRV records and IPTEL setup so that you're hosting SIP at sip.yourdomain.com

Workaround all ready to go - just couldn't be sure if it was going to be temporary or permanent. Temporary from what you say, which is excellent news. :)

Quote:

...and will try to get a message in to Martin or Craig to adjust things at SIPBroker otherwise...

That would be great. Yes, please, and thanks very much in advance. A couple of emails into support@sipbroker.com didn't get me anywhere. Popular service, I guess.

martin 11-16-2009 10:13 AM

Sorry for the delay processing this request. I have made the changes as requested. Please test and let me know if it is OK.

gunnelsunder 12-18-2009 08:02 PM

Perfect, thanks

Just checked back here.

Between the workaround I'd put in and the changes working perfectly I hadn't even noticed any difference.

Workaround now retired - perfect, thanks.