Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot General (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official - Betamax and Voxalot Interoperability (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1380)

martin 04-13-2007 12:52 AM

Official - Betamax and Voxalot Interoperability

Hi Members,

Just got the official word from Betamax that all blocking has been removed from our IP addresses.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the folks at Betamax especially their engineer Jeroen for working with us given the time differences etc.

We would also like to thank our members for their patience.

roberthuang 04-13-2007 12:53 PM

Martin,Thank you for everything you've done for us. This is really a good news.

amroe 04-13-2007 01:53 PM

please help us about JustVoip , please martin contact Betamax to make JustVoip work with sip and thanks :)

tomblandford 04-13-2007 02:08 PM

Whether or not Betamax enable SIP on JustVoIP really is nothing to do with Voxalot! OK, so maybe Martin has some contacts now, but you're better off asking Betamax yourself or posting on the VoipBuster forum (neither of which will get you very far tho:rolleyes: !)

twen 04-13-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7687)
Just got the official word from Betamax that all blocking has been removed from our IP addresses.

I'm really pleased to see this great nexws, I'll switched back to eu.voxalot.com tomorrow, then :) Thank you !

As you told us in another thread, could you tell us what happened/what was blocking, what has been done, even if it's technical. You told us for your part the change have been minor, but doesn't seem so for betamax.

Share, my ears/eyes are wide open :)

Olivier

martin 04-14-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twen (Post 7725)
Share, my ears/eyes are wide open :)

Essentially the problem was that the IP address for the Betamax member was not visible to the Betamax servers when used through Voxalot.

Betamax requested that we add a field to the SIP header containing the IP address of the client that initiated the request.

We also feel that this latest enhancement will also help deter most people trying to defraud voice service providers.

So everyone wins, except of course the people doing the wrong thing ;)

hust 04-15-2007 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7732)

Betamax requested that we add a field to the SIP header containing the IP address of the client that initiated the request.

hi,Martin

I want to know the exact meaning of IP address that client initiate the request.

If the call begins from ATA, the IP address will be the ATA's ip address.
If i use PC web callback with voipdiscount 2 legs, which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? my PC's ip address?
If i use mobile WAP callback with voipdiscount 2 legs,which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? i know when i use mobile WAP,my mobile carrier provides me a private ip address.

Wortelstok 04-15-2007 06:08 PM

I guess it is the public (WAN side) IP address, not your local DNS.

martin 04-15-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hust (Post 7797)
hi,Martin

I want to know the exact meaning of IP address that client initiate the request.

If the call begins from ATA, the IP address will be the ATA's ip address.
If i use PC web callback with voipdiscount 2 legs, which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? my PC's ip address?
If i use mobile WAP callback with voipdiscount 2 legs,which 2 IP address will be sent to Betamax? i know when i use mobile WAP,my mobile carrier provides me a private ip address.

The IP address of the ATA is only sent.

serendipitydawg 04-18-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 7803)
The IP address of the ATA is only sent.

Does this answer all of the questions posed by "hust" in post number 7 above?