Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Can't call account at PBXes (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3215)

325xi 07-07-2008 04:06 PM

Can't call account at PBXes

I'm trying to reach someone with account at PBXes from my ATA registered at Voxalot.
I tried speed dial, so I set **1000 to be forwarded to myuser-1000@pbxes.org, and I'm getting busy tone every single time. I take very same URI and set it at DID provider, so DID is directly forwarded to myuser-1000@pbxes.org, and it works perfectly. From voxalot - it won't!

WTH?

P.S. When calling I checked PBXes logs - it shows nothing, which most likely means my call from Voxalot doesn't even reach recipient's account at PBXes.

green 07-07-2008 04:49 PM

Let me guess - voxalot is not passing '-' in URI. Try to call the 'parent' or main account.

325xi 07-07-2008 04:58 PM

Nope. All SIP URI at pbxes are with '-', there's no parent account.

green 07-07-2008 08:22 PM

As far as I remember it was an option to call the URI like myuser@pbxes.org
Again, I'm pretty sure that voxalot doesn't like '-' in URI.

325xi 07-09-2008 03:47 AM

It doesn't work anyways.
Works from PBXes to Voxalot, but not from Voxalot to PBXes.

I also tried to create an "alias" in SipBroker, but apparently it goes through the same mechanism, so I got the same busy tone.

emoci 07-09-2008 08:12 AM

This is a known issue with PBXes (it has nothing to do with VoXalot)..

My understanding is that in order for an extension at PBXes to be reachable from outside you need to define an Inbound Route where the Trunk Name will be user-extension and which will of course point to the appropriate extension...

For more discussion see PBXes - Ihnen wird der Zutritt zu dieser Seite verwehrt.

(you'll need to be logged in at PBXes)

325xi 07-09-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 17848)
This is a known issue with PBXes (it has nothing to do with VoXalot)..

My understanding is that in order for an extension at PBXes to be reachable from outside you need to define an Inbound Route where the Trunk Name will be user-extension and which will of course point to the appropriate extension...

Well, the incoming route for this sip uri is there and works properly – as I mentioned I tested it by pointing my DID directly on that sip uri, and it worked flawlessly.
So it either PBXes doesn’t let Voxalot in, or Voxalot doesn’t reach PBXes.

Any idea?

green 07-09-2008 05:40 PM

I want to admit that '-' in SIP URI is not a problem yet.
We just configured account like call-me@domain.tld on the test server and I was able to reach it from my softphone dialing SIP URI (through voxalot) as well as using speed dial.

I think only sip debug from voxalot may help.

325xi 07-09-2008 06:13 PM

emoci, I can't believe you never tried - does it work for you to call sip uri from Voxalot to pbxes?