Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   eu.voxalot.com down? (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3788)

mstolle 02-15-2009 11:21 AM

eu.voxalot.com down?

Hi,

This morning, my VoIP phone doesn't seem to work. Status: Cannot connect to server. I can't even ping eu.voxalot.com. However, au.voxalot.com and us.voxalot.com are pingable. Any official word on this issue?

Martin

carlosalbffgomes 02-15-2009 12:04 PM

EU Server down

Yes, it seems so.
I'm also having problems with one of my registered providers (EuroIAX). It registers (both IAX and SIP), but I can't dial any call through it. EuroIAX home page is also down, but it responds to ping as do the SIP/IAX servers. So, maybe there is some problem in the internet providers' interconnection in Europe.
Regards,

carlosalbffgomes 02-15-2009 09:05 PM

EuroIAX is working from about 12h00 a.m. GMT

EuroIAX is working from about 12h00 a.m. GMT, so maybe it was down for another reason.
EU Server is still down. Tracepath is still stopping at:
8: tenge1-0-0.r2.sbp.leaseweb.net (62.212.95.146) 65.838ms asymm 11
Regards,

Grahame 02-15-2009 09:40 PM

What a service

The eu server has been unreachable all day here in France, all my other Providers work fine.

This is why I canceled my Premium Voxalot account. Poor service and no customer support. Surely Voxalot you have noticed your service is not working ?

The only reason I continue to use Voxalot is I need a Call Me Back button on my web site.

Anybody know of a reliable Provider for a Call back button.

Grahame

zoemcalister 02-15-2009 10:06 PM

eu voxalot server keeps breaking down :(

Alas, same here, I'm using us.voxalot now which works fine for me but a few of my older friends still aren't able to get connected. I need to go over there to help them with their ata settings. But unfortunately, that won't be earlier than tomorrow evening.
Please people of Voxalot, I hope you can fix whatever the problem is with eu.voxalot soon.
Mojo mentioned a load balancer in his post and another server coming in automatically, once one server breaks down.
Is there any chance you work on that solution?

Thanks!
Zoe

martin 02-16-2009 11:22 AM

As advised in a previous post, our service provider (LeaseWeb) is currently experiencing problems. A support ticket has been raised and we will advise once things are operational again.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

suusdoggen 02-16-2009 06:58 PM

If you change your applicable settings from eu.voxalot.com to au.voxalot.com you should have it working again.

dfisbein 02-16-2009 09:30 PM

What a service

From the post of mstolle to the explanation of Martin, it takes 24 hours. This is a lot of time to give an answer! Besides, about 12 hours later the European server is still down and on the Voxalot Internet pages there is no mention to this very big problem.

There was a time in which Voxalot was the best VoIP provider. Maybe the destinies of this kind of companies are a sort of ascensions and falls, as it happened with Free World Dialup. Voxalot is still my main VoIP provider. Although maybe this is time to make some changes. Now there are a lot of small companies that are doing very well their job!

carlosalbffgomes 02-16-2009 10:09 PM

Customer Support

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfisbein (Post 21476)
From the post of mstolle to the explanation of Martin, it takes 24 hours. This is a lot of time to give an answer! Besides, about 12 hours later the European server is still down and on the Voxalot Internet pages there is no mention to this very big problem.

There was a time in which Voxalot was the best VoIP provider. Maybe the destinies of this kind of companies are a sort of ascensions and falls, as it happened with Free World Dialup. Voxalot is still my main VoIP provider. Although maybe this is time to make some changes. Now there are a lot of small companies that are doing very well their job!

I'm not knowing where you live, but Voxalot customer support is better than the customer support you can get in Portugal (and also, in Brazil, despite in some aspects this is better than you can get in Portugal!), with the «Big Ones» (Portugal Telecom, Sonae Telecom, Brasil Telecom, and so on). With Voxalot I really appreciate the fact that you can get technical specification and knowing that the platform is technically opened. Usually, in Brazil, and much much worse in Portugal, you get a service where you pay (a lot) and you can not do with it some advanced use. I may say that, from my personal experience, customer support knows much less than you (with me this is the case) and no one gives you a solution to your problem if you try to make an advanced use of the service. Normally, these providers don't obey to standards and it is not unusual to block any kind of use outside from a very restricted options. For example, you can't get a portuguese DID for personal use. Theoretical, you can, but... No providers offers it to you (paying!), unless you use their expensive and closed network. This is the case of «Portugal Telecom», for example. So, you can't use this providers with some kind of PBX as Voxalot. I may be wrong but I don't think Voxalot is guilty for the problems with the Leaseweb providers. I've seen some complaints about Leaseweb on the net. You can google it.
Regards,

martin 02-17-2009 09:07 AM

Update:

Our support ticket with LeaseWeb is still unresolved.

We have attempted to turn around this problem quickly, however it is only within the past hour that we have received a response to our original ticket.

Unfortunately we only have one server in the eu cluster and it is hosted with LeaseWeb.

I assure you all we are trying our best to fix this problem but at the moment we are still unable to reach our server.

I will keep you posted as things progress with this problem.

psmammoth 02-17-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 21493)
Our support ticket with LeaseWeb is still unresolved.

We have attempted to turn around this problem quickly, however it is only within the past hour that we have received a response to our original ticket.

Unfortunately we only have one server in the eu cluster and it is hosted with LeaseWeb.

I assure you all we are trying our best to fix this problem but at the moment we are still unable to reach our server.

I will keep you posted as things progress with this problem.

Bad service from LeaseWeb. Do you not have an SLA with them ?

dfisbein 02-17-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosalbffgomes (Post 21478)
I'm not knowing where you live, but Voxalot customer support is better than the customer support you can get in Portugal (and also, in Brazil, despite in some aspects this is better than you can get in Portugal!), with the «Big Ones» (Portugal Telecom, Sonae Telecom, Brasil Telecom, and so on). With Voxalot I really appreciate the fact that you can get technical specification and knowing that the platform is technically opened. Usually, in Brazil, and much much worse in Portugal, you get a service where you pay (a lot) and you can not do with it some advanced use. I may say that, from my personal experience, customer support knows much less than you (with me this is the case) and no one gives you a solution to your problem if you try to make an advanced use of the service. Normally, these providers don't obey to standards and it is not unusual to block any kind of use outside from a very restricted options. For example, you can't get a portuguese DID for personal use. Theoretical, you can, but... No providers offers it to you (paying!), unless you use their expensive and closed network. This is the case of «Portugal Telecom», for example. So, you can't use this providers with some kind of PBX as Voxalot. I may be wrong but I don't think Voxalot is guilty for the problems with the Leaseweb providers. I've seen some complaints about Leaseweb on the net. You can google it.
Regards,

Carlos Alberto,

Leave your passions to your personal relations. In these cases it is better to have your brain “cold”.

For example, you complain about the bad way of working of some big VoIP providers, when I just said that there are some small VoIP providers that make their work better than Voxalot.

Also, if in Portugal or Brazil all VoIP providers give you a bad service you can use a VoIP provider of another country. This technology allows it. I live in Spain, but my providers have no offices here.

If there were some complaints of LeaseWeb in the net, why Voxalot did not change them before this very bad issue happened? Moreover, had Voxalot any emergency procedure related to this kind of problem?

Last but not least, it is regrettable that more than 48 hours from the mstolle post, I still receiving timeouts in the pings to eu.voxalot.com.

carlosalbffgomes 02-17-2009 11:36 AM

My answer is simply describing a fact. And, I must say, I'm not using none of the referred VoIP providers. So, if you don't like a service, no one obliges you to use it. That's the case with Voxalot or any other.
I don't know the real cause of the problem with the EU Server. I must say that the provider that leases to Voxalot US server seams to do a better job, so I'm using it. But don't read in my words something that I didn't said.
Regards,

awjkok 02-17-2009 11:53 AM

Leaseweb problem or Voxalot problem

Hi,

When I noticed eu.voxalot.com was down. I contacted Leaseweb, they informed me they can only act on the request of a know e-mail address: "In order to handle this request we need an identified e-mailt." Nevertheless I later got the following reply: "Hello, As far as we can see the host is up. I cannot check the server without permission of our customer. Please contact your hosting provider to solve this issue."
So apparently they were waiting for some response form Voxalot. I forwarded my correspondence with Leaseweb to info@voxalot.com but still no reply.

Maybe Voxalot should authorize a few dedicated users to raise a support ticket when a server goes down, We are the first ones to notice if anything is wrong. Personally I live near Amsterdam were Leaseweb's data centers are, I won't mind keeping backup (server) at home and take it to Leaseweb if anything goes wrong.

martin 02-17-2009 12:10 PM

As I mentioned in a previous post LeaseWeb support ticket ts #516550 was raised almost 48 hours ago and we are still awaiting a response as to what the problem is.

Until we can reach our server we are unable to do anything :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjkok (Post 21501)
Hi,

When I noticed eu.voxalot.com was down. I contacted Leaseweb, they informed me they can only act on the request of a know e-mail address: "In order to handle this request we need an identified e-mailt." Nevertheless I later got the following reply: "Hello, As far as we can see the host is up. I cannot check the server without permission of our customer. Please contact your hosting provider to solve this issue."
So apparently they were waiting for some response form Voxalot. I forwarded my correspondence with Leaseweb to info@voxalot.com but still no reply.

Maybe Voxalot should authorize a few dedicated users to raise a support ticket when a server goes down, We are the first ones to notice if anything is wrong. Personally I live near Amsterdam were Leaseweb's data centers are, I won't mind keeping backup (server) at home and take it to Leaseweb if anything goes wrong.

majo 02-17-2009 03:41 PM

Hi all,
Very bad if LeaseWeb is waiting for Customer to cry to get response. LeaseWeb does not seems to be very professional. Due to this voxalot is also loosing its good name. EU server has most troubles than others AU & US servers. Here is blog of similir customer of LeaseWeb Leaseweb Review - A Bad Experience

I am hoping & praying that EU server come alive soon.

If any professional services are relying on EU voxalot, I can't beleave 72 hours without service.

I think EU user should persuad voxalot for better webhosting.

Regards.

majo

kendid 02-17-2009 05:30 PM

Wow, how long has this been now? Thankfully Voxalot has the other servers we can switch over to! I can imagine this is pretty frustrating for the voxalot support team too!! Hopefully leaseweb gets this fixed soon!

Is there a way we can view the ticket status? Just out of curiosity...

dfisbein 02-17-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosalbffgomes (Post 21500)
My answer is simply describing a fact. And, I must say, I'm not using none of the referred VoIP providers. So, if you don't like a service, no one obliges you to use it. That's the case with Voxalot or any other.
I don't know the real cause of the problem with the EU Server. I must say that the provider that leases to Voxalot US server seams to do a better job, so I'm using it. But don't read in my words something that I didn't said.
Regards,

Carlos Alberto,

You have to have more coherence in your posts. For example, you said today that yesterday you were “simply describing a fact”, when your main target of yesterday was just to defend Voxalot not regarding that they were doing the things very bad.

Besides, yesterday you told some issues of VoIP providers of Portugal and Brazil. I am not just surprised by the fact that these issues had a little relation with the problem that we were discussing in this forum. I am also surprised because whereas yesterday you were talking “from your personal experience” today you said that “you are not using any of the referred VoIP providers”. I do not know how to understand this contradiction!

Maybe will help you to read more times your former posts and the posts that you are answering. In this way you can avoid some mistakes that you are doing repeatedly. I am not just talking about your confusion of yesterday related to small and big VoIP providers. Today you invite me to leave Voxalot, not remembering that yesterday I told in a clear way that I was thinking of this one!

I am afraid that you think that it is good to write posts in a forum, not regarding what to tell there. Also, that your obligation is to defend Voxalot as if you were the owner of this company, not regarding that one of the objectives of a forum is to reflect.

carlosalbffgomes 02-17-2009 07:49 PM

Dear Sir,

First of all, this is my last post about an issue that is lateral with the main topic here being discussed. And, no, there is no contradiction in my words when I talk about my personal experience and say that I'm not using the referred VoIP providers (some of them are PSTN providers and I was talking mainly about, in the beginning of the post, customer support): simply because I've tested them (or I know who have done it) and my impression is what I've posted. But you can try it for your self and see.
I'm not defending Voxalot in the way you might be thinking. But I'm not attacking it either before I have all data. And, I must say, when this issue happened I've done some research, discovering several complains about Leaseweb, exactly as it has been referred above. You can do your research and find the same.
Until being proved the other way round, I don't think Voxalot directly responsible for EU Server being down. It's all. Read my words and think. No more comments and no, I'm not being incoherent. Maybe you are not being able to follow my thinking, that's all.
Regards,

kieranmullen 02-18-2009 02:36 AM

awjkok - I fail to see why you take it upon yourself to contact their provider? Are you honestly that naive to think that for some reason they would listen to a complete stranger and reboot the server of another client not based on credentials but your word? Are you some hidden mod there that the users here do not know about ? It seems very presumptuous of you to think that you somehow have a right to contact their provider.

(forgive me if you are a hidden mod that just joined a month ago)
Quote:

Originally Posted by awjkok (Post 21501)
Hi,

martin 02-18-2009 04:03 AM

Latest update:

================================================
Dear Martin,

First of all, I am very sorry for the late reply on your ticket.
To be honest, I was not able to bring your server online again.
As far as I could see there was nothing wrong with your server.
Therefore I will forward this ticket to my colleague of the day shift.

Kind regards,

Tommy Leushuis
LeaseWeb - Support
================================================

martin 02-18-2009 07:23 AM

Latest Update. Clearly an OS re-install is not a good option and one we will try to avoid.

-------------------------------------------------
Dear Sirs,

Unfortunately the server is still offline at the moment as we were
unable to find what exactly is causing the problems. Even though the
link status, as well as the ethernet configuration seem to be in order,
the server still does not connect.

We will send another engineer to the site as soon as possible to
investigate. If we are unable to solve the problem however, we might
have to reinstall the OS on the machine. We will keep you updated either
way and will ask for your confirmation before we do anything drastic.

Sincerely,

Corne Oldenziel
LeaseWeb - Support

psmammoth 02-18-2009 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin (Post 21549)
Latest Update. Clearly an OS re-install is not a good option and one we will try to avoid.

traceroute to eu.voxalot.com (85.17.19.194), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
1 firewall (192.168.2.1) 1.712 ms 0.723 ms 0.685 ms
2 cisco (193.121.84.65) 1.444 ms 2.185 ms 1.431 ms
3 ser5-2-0.bel-pe06.mpl.scarlet.be (194.119.226.61) 17.334 ms 8.856 ms 10.105 ms
4 gig0-2-100.inx-pe01.mpl.scarlet.be (194.119.224.53) 10.072 ms 17.557 ms 17.987 ms
MPLS Label=218401 CoS=7 TTL=254 S=0
5 leaseweb.bnix.net (194.53.172.101) 24.218 ms 19.104 ms 25.784 ms
6 ten0-0-0-6.crs-evo.leaseweb.net (85.17.100.210) 27.995 ms 21.689 ms 11.756 ms
7 tenge1-0-0.r2.sbp.leaseweb.net (62.212.95.146) 11.913 ms 11.605 ms 12.122 ms
8 ****

So in other words, 7 is the last leaseweb router and 8 should be the endpoint (server) ? So or this router fails or the NIC of the server is damaged. An OS re-install could also be the solution if it's Windows :-)
Anyway, I'm not impressed with LeasWeb's investigation methods ...

Ponozka 02-18-2009 09:54 AM

Please check the server’s network cable first! See the link from majo (Leaseweb Review - A Bad Experience):rolleyes:

majo 02-18-2009 10:44 AM

Hi all,
In reality, I think Voxalot will never know what the problem was or happened to server. LeaseWeb will never tell the actuel problem but will hide. LeaseWeb should have implemented network monitoring if any of there server has problem they should inform customer that there is network error. But here customer send request & cries to Leaseweb to check his system & report what is problem. It is unbleavable such big WebHosting, upon whose network depend other international companies, can't see network error & can't fix in 3 days.

May be we are expecting much more from Voxalot & Leaseweb.
Myhome is totaly depending on VOIP. I don't have landline phone. My routing is through EU server. If EU server is down, I can't dial until I change manully to other server. I have waited 3 days that problem will be fixed. But now as it seems that problem could exist for many days, I will have to change my friends phone also. Luckily they all have landline phone till now also.

I pray that voxalot can fix EU server very soon!!!!!!!!.

Regards.

majo

awjkok 02-18-2009 11:05 AM

Switched to au.voxalot.com

Hi,

Because the eu server is down, I also had to switch. First I tried us.voxalot.com because of the better ping. I only got two-way sound on outgoing calls, on incoming calls I couldn't hear the caller.
Next I tried au.voxalot.com, now I have two-way sound on incoming and outgoing calls.

Note: VSP settings, I only use alaw;ulaw to avoid codec problems and my ata is also set to alaw first.

Ponozka 02-18-2009 11:45 AM

Hi,

i switched to the US server and I found another big problem:

I use call forwarding with the time rule - on the EU server it's work correctly in the right time (but only without daylight saving time rule).

But after switching to US server it doesn't work in the right time!

Grahame 02-18-2009 12:55 PM

What a service

The us server will not process the calls from the Voxalot Call Me button on my web site either ( nor from the same button on several of my partners sites )

4 days without service in France, the band aid does not work and all I see is frustrated customers and the forwarding on of emails from your supplier who quite frankly should by now have a breach of contract writ on their desk.

Last straw Voxalot. I canceled my Premium account because of your poor service and no customer support. I thought at least you would be able to support the Call Me button, clearly not.

The code for your button will be removed from my site and partners site's tonight, at our expense, trouble and subsequent impact on our customer's satisfaction.

I can hardly believe your attitude to your customers Voxalot, but I would imagine, if only from the posts in this thread, they will now be able to draw their own conclusions.

I ask again of anybody who has knowledge of a reliable Call Me button provider to contact me.

Best regards

Grahame

Chd 02-18-2009 02:36 PM

Changing DNS of eu.voxalot.com

I just wondering can't Voxalot change eu.voxalot.com to point to us.voxalot.com ip address untill eu server is down. that way users don't need to change their settings.

rcourant 02-18-2009 11:15 PM

Dear Administrators,

Isn't it a good idea to put a message on the main website of voxalot.com that the eu.server is unavailable? I spent all day trying to get registered before I even found this thread in the bottom of the forum. Also a collegue of mine just paid a yearly fee, just in order to find out it does not work. Its very common policy to announce interuptions of service on the main website instead of a user forum alone.
Your reply is appreciated and I hope the downtime will soon be over. If you ask me, leaseweb suxx big time!

dimitrivisser 02-19-2009 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcourant (Post 21594)
If you ask me, leaseweb suxx big time!

They do... This company is famous for their bad service. They are a little bit cheaper than the competition, but service is really very bad. I really don't understand why Voxalot uses this company.

Maybe time to switch ????

Ponozka 02-19-2009 08:41 AM

I thing, nobody (Leaseweb AND VoXaLot) want OR can do anything to solve this problem.

Both had a lot of possibilities since sunday morning (GMT)!

I don`t need more than 2 days to rent another v-server and install it.

So good bye VoXaLot! Now I start installing my own asterisk-server.

martin 02-19-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dimitrivisser (Post 21595)
They do... This company is famous for their bad service. They are a little bit cheaper than the competition, but service is really very bad. I really don't understand why Voxalot uses this company.

Maybe time to switch ????

Important: Please read http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post21603

awjkok 02-19-2009 11:14 AM

Can check if you want

Hi Martin,

I live in the Netherlands, if you like I can look around for an alternative to Leaseweb. Just mail me what you need and what you might be willing to pay for a specific service. I will check and mail you a few suggestions you can or cannot follow up on.

I must say the au.voxalot.com server is working excellent for me. I would suggest that people who have problems with the us.voxalot.com server try the au server, it solved my problems.

Regards,
Antoine

martin 02-19-2009 11:18 AM

Thanks Antoine. Any provider suggestions you may have are more than welcome. Please post here:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post21603

As always we want to do what is best for the community, so please help us to help you....

Quote:

Originally Posted by awjkok (Post 21605)
Hi Martin,

I live in the Netherlands, if you like I can look around for an alternative to Leaseweb. Just mail me what you need and what you might be willing to pay for a specific service. I will check and mail you a few suggestions you can or cannot follow up on.

I must say the au.voxalot.com server is working excellent for me. I would suggest that people who have problems with the us.voxalot.com server try the au server, it solved my problems.

Regards,
Antoine

Vlad 02-19-2009 11:49 AM

awjkok and Martin, I'm already have tried to switch to the au.voxalot.com, but the problem is still exist(see my previouse posthttp://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...raeli-vsp.html
So I'm suggest that the problem is global and not such related to the EU server being down. I'm still waiting for the response from Martin or any one else from the VoxaLot support team

alex 02-19-2009 04:26 PM

When will eu.voxalot.com be back up?

Can you provide us with an estimate on when you expect eu.voxalot.com to be back up? Does it make sense to move to us or au? Reconfiguration is a lot of hassle so I don't want to switch if eu is back up in a day or two, but I will if it is offline for the next week.

vincenzo 02-19-2009 08:25 PM

Martin,

I live in NL as well and I have quite a number of experiences with hosting providers.

I can recommend you a company called Worldstream:

::WorldStream Internet Solutions:: Dedicated servers for you!

You can even contact them through MSN for a price quote on a setup you decide:

lennert(at)worldstream.nl

This is no advertisement that has incentives for me, it's just a company that I know is much better and responsive then Leaseweb.

P.S. I hope EU will be back soon! :)

rodolf 02-19-2009 09:35 PM

Trapped

I am desperately trying to quit from voxalot because of lack of reliability but I can't: it kidnapped one of my accounts.

One of the voice service providers I've set-up in my account is in status "registered" and I can't do anything to let it unregister.
Tried to set "sip register" to "no" and wait 30 minutes: didn't unregister.
Tried to set "active" to "no" and wait: didn't unregister.
Tried to change the account password to something invalid: didn't unregister.

The fact that voxalot is still registered to this account doesn't allow me to use it to receive incoming calls.

Quality of service doesn't live here.

Rodolfo

paulg0 02-20-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodolf (Post 21639)
I am desperately trying to quit from voxalot because of lack of reliability but I can't: it kidnapped one of my accounts.

One of the voice service providers I've set-up in my account is in status "registered" and I can't do anything to let it unregister.
Tried to set "sip register" to "no" and wait 30 minutes: didn't unregister.
Tried to set "active" to "no" and wait: didn't unregister.
Tried to change the account password to something invalid: didn't unregister.

The fact that voxalot is still registered to this account doesn't allow me to use it to receive incoming calls.

Quality of service doesn't live here.

Rodolfo

Same problem here last night, however leaving the accounts set as not active and not registered has released them overnight.

Paul