Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SIP Registered Accounts and Caller ID (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=215)

mercator 06-04-2006 03:51 PM

SIP Registered Accounts and Caller ID

... anyone getting this to work? All my inbound calls are without caller ID (except when someone calls me on the voxalot account).

Thanks
Mercator

ctylor 06-04-2006 05:08 PM

I don't think I have any problems with mine, they still all show Caller ID fine.

mercator 06-04-2006 11:10 PM

Hmmm.... It does not work with me. If I call my POTS phone from my sipdiscount.com account it works fine, if I call my VoIP number, it does not show the Caller ID. Also, when my friends from the states call me: No Caller ID. Works fine if I register the VoIP account directly in my VoIP box (and not via voxalot). Any ideas?

Ron 06-04-2006 11:59 PM

Same here:

CallerID appears to work properly if registered directly with the provider, but if VoXaLot is registered with the provider, CallerID is not passed through.

Incoming calls through VoXaLot via forwarding rather than registration do show CallerID.

Ron

pvergers 06-05-2006 09:52 AM

I have voxalot registered with koala. Calls to my koala DID, comming through voxalot, do show up with Caller ID correclty

phoneuser 06-05-2006 10:15 AM

Caller ID does not work for me too to any of the registered SIP accounts except IPkall that is forwarded to voxalot (not registration).

Jorge 06-06-2006 12:55 AM

I am not getting good caller ID from a registered provider, but when the call is not answered and goes to Voxalot voicemail, the email notification contains the correct caller number.

ctylor 06-06-2006 04:15 AM

I think I see what you guys mean. I spoke too hastily (as usual).

This bug applies only to calls made to SIP providers registered on my provider page to my voxalot.com address (e.g. FWD), and not to my providers who map or forward their number directly to usernumber@voxalot.com (e.g. IPKall or Voxbone).

On incoming SIP calls, as far as I can tell, I am getting the number on the caller ID as blocked but in the caller ID name (where normally "SMITH J" would be if the name was available), it does shows the number.

On incoming PSTN calls, I am getting the caller ID number blocked and the Caller ID name shows as "Asterisk".

fozzie 06-06-2006 07:18 AM

CallerID works fine from PSTN to VoIP using my Sipgate DID (with Sipgate registered by Voxalot, NOT forwarded) so it looks like either a SIP provider specific or hardware specific issue.

ataboy 06-06-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fozzie
CallerID works fine from PSTN to VoIP using my Sipgate DID (with Sipgate registered by Voxalot, NOT forwarded) so it looks like either a SIP provider specific or hardware specific issue.

I also have a Sipgate account but my experience is different. I have no caller ID when calling into any of the DIDs connected to providers that are registered with Voxalot (using voxalot.com.au or voxalot.com). One of my phones shows "Not available", the other "International". I guess that's phone-specific.

If I use voxalot.com the situation is the worst. Calls ring once then go straight to voicemail.

ataboy

mercator 06-07-2006 06:53 PM

So it is a bug and not a feature? Will there be a fix then?

Thanks, voxalot
Merctaor

mercator 06-10-2006 03:46 PM

no answer?

Need2No 06-12-2006 02:08 PM

Confirm SIP registration

I have set up my Voxalot provider as Astratel. My Astratel account was working OK on my asterisk box.
How does one confirm that my Astratel account has registered OK with Voxalot.
Thanks