Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Problems....was registered now a request sent (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=1138)

voxod 02-28-2007 06:26 PM

Problems....was registered now a request sent

My 3 VSP accounts were all working with Voxalot. I haven't changed a thing and now each Provider is showing "request sent." :eek:

Please tell me what's wrong!

Voxalot account: 105000 and 105001

Jamie

richard99 02-28-2007 07:03 PM

Problems....was registered now a request sent

Same problem with me, request sent. Now shows some are failed and only one is registred

voxod 02-28-2007 07:15 PM

Ok, now everything's working. Weird, and not a comforting feeling not knowing what happened and losing phone service. I got the cell phone for standby but not sure if I should keep things at Voxalot if this is where the problem was. Can anyone see what happened? Or can it be that my router wasn't allowing Voxalot to talk to my ATA? I've got too may places to check unfortunately.

Jamie

martin 02-28-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voxod (Post 6094)
Ok, now everything's working. Weird, and not a comforting feeling not knowing what happened and losing phone service. I got the cell phone for standby but not sure if I should keep things at Voxalot if this is where the problem was. Can anyone see what happened? Or can it be that my router wasn't allowing Voxalot to talk to my ATA? I've got too may places to check unfortunately.

Jamie

A status of "Request Sent" means that VoXaLot has sent a request message to the provider and has not received reply.

voxod 02-28-2007 09:25 PM

I understand what the request means. But why did all 3 show requests at the same time? And how often does Voxalot have to request? I was previously registered with all 3 providers thru Voxalot.

Jamie

martin 02-28-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voxod (Post 6100)
I understand what the request means. But why did all 3 show requests at the same time? And how often does Voxalot have to request? I was previously registered with all 3 providers thru Voxalot.

Jamie

Registration requests are sent every hour (unless the provider stipulates are more frequent interval).

If there is no reply or an error (provider, network etc) VoXaLot is programmed to then retry every 2 mins for up to one hour, after which time the request is moved into "Failed" status.

Once in "Failed" status, there are 2 things that can happen:

1. Forced re-register by setting "SIP Register" to "No"->Save->Set "SIP Register" to "Yes"->Save

2. Wait up to 24 hours for the system to automatically initiated the re-registration steps.

As we have 10's of thousand provider registrations, it is important we park registration failures this way.

Once our premium service is launched we envisage the provider registrations dropping back to a more manageable level at which time we will re-evaluate the above process.

Hope this answers your question.

244751 03-01-2007 05:13 AM

Registration Failure

I have never had registration issues in the past, suddenly all my providers have a registration status of Failed. Did something happen on Voxalot today?

244751 03-01-2007 05:20 AM

Registration issue resolved

All my providers are now regisstered