Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums

Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums (https://forum.sipbroker.com/index.php)
-   Voxalot Support (https://forum.sipbroker.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Betamax not wokring (https://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=3437)

juancarlos 09-23-2008 05:06 PM

Betamax not working

I get a titutu tone.....if I use the software it works ok if I use voxalot it does not work

Williamz 09-23-2008 05:37 PM

Same problem... betamax not working anymore since early this morning !
(from eu.voxalot.com)

eliafino 09-23-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Williamz (Post 19174)
Same problem... betamax not working anymore since early this morning !
(from eu.voxalot.com)

Same for me, eu.voxalot.com
Another provider is ok, but Betamax KO(Poivy and VoIPCheap!

Bye bye by Elia

chatalot 09-23-2008 07:31 PM

I can also confirm this - getting continuous tone on voipcheap. Other provider ok so not my setup. Anyone know if it is all SIP access or just via voxalot?

I am registered to us.voxalot.com

flaquadrat 09-23-2008 07:37 PM

hi!

i have same or similar probelms using smsdiscount, voipcheap and/or intervoip via voxalot proxy - all "eu" "au" and "us" - same problem: busy signal on outgoing calls.

direct connection (windows client and gigaset c450ip) with some of betamax clones (eg. sip.smsdiscount.com) is working perfektly.

regards,
fla

chatalot 09-23-2008 07:51 PM

I can also confirm that voipcheap is working via softphone (eyebeam) on PC. So is the problem voxalot ---> betamax or is it to do with registration? I dont register voxalot to betamax but I did on the softphone?

Just trying to register to betamax in voxalot - says pending at the moment - will update if it registers

chatalot 09-23-2008 08:10 PM

OK, I got it to register to voipcheap in voxalot and I still get the busy tone. Betamax is working direct but not through voxalot so the problem sounds like a voxalot problem. Hope someone at voxalot looks into this soon.

emoci 09-23-2008 09:30 PM

1. I have an account with InternetCalls.com which I'll be testing once I have a chance... but I do not expect to see anything different from what everybody else has seen...

2. Reviews about what is working and what isn't, seem to be mixed

au.voxalot.com
-It has been a number of weeks that this server was producing FUP when used with BetaMax
-From what I gather from things here, it is know not possible to place calls over BetaMax using this server

eu.voxalot.com
-The EU server was throwing some tantrums that resulted in it needing to be reset a few weeks back
-From what I gather from here this is also not working with BetaMax

us.voxalot.com
-The US server has had no issues with service
-There is mixed statements here, where for some it works, for others it works but with bad audio, and further others cannot get it to work with BetaMax...

3. To the best of my knowledge (notice I am just a mod after all), there has been no changes made to VoXalot servers or service since the reset for the EU server a few weeks back...

4. This is mere conjecture and opinion on my side... so far it looks like BetaMax changed something new...either in general or in respect to VoXalot specifically..

Are people still able to use PBXes or MSS to place calls via BetaMax (regardless of FUP)?

The other issue stands with this:

How many of the people posting above actually have only a single BetaMax acct. with only one of the multiple clones?

emoci 09-24-2008 03:08 AM

Is there a chance that this is limited only to a specific list of clones, or only to people with FreeDays available?

I actually had no issues dialing via InternetCalls (using US server), audio quality was fine too... (I have a good sized credit there, but have left my FreeDays expire)

chatalot 09-24-2008 05:25 AM

I only have voipcheap.com and do not have any freedays left so I would have to pay for the calls from my credit. I also tried a mobile number in the UK but got the same tone.

As for the US server, I switched to US when the EU server went down a few weeks ago. I did not switch back as it was not the first time that I had had problems with the EU server over the past year.

I have not tried switching back to the EU or AU servers yet

zoemcalister 09-24-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emoci (Post 19200)
Is there a chance that this is limited only to a specific list of clones, or only to people with FreeDays available?

I actually had no issues dialing via InternetCalls (using US server), audio quality was fine too... (I have a good sized credit there, but have left my FreeDays expire)

Hi emoci,

Maybe there's a chance that this is limited only to a specific list of clones indeed. But something tells me that it's the whole Betamax collection.
In the meantime friends with or without FreeDays are only able to make outbound calls using the us server.

Hope this is solved soon.

Regards,
Zoe

juancarlos 09-24-2008 06:12 AM

i am a betamax voxalot user

and here are my results

eu.voxalot.com does not work wih smsdiscount or webcalldirect or smslisto

us.voxalot.com is working ok with all clones

juancarlos 09-24-2008 06:33 AM

A post has come under the voipbuster forum

https://forum.voipbuster.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15232

lets cross fingers.

chatalot 09-24-2008 07:06 AM

Dont know if it is now working for others but I just switched to EU and still not working - switched back to US and now I can make a call.

casch 09-24-2008 05:21 PM

3rd day that eu.voxalot & us.voxalot fail: No Service available

Hi,
since three days now, I can't call, because for me both servers eu.- & us.voxalot.com do get an Service is not available!

Is there nothing that voxalot can do?
Carl

andrechile 09-24-2008 05:59 PM

Thanks to the moderators for helping!! As you asked:

39 days free call days left... using eu.voxalot and voipcheap - errors since Tuesday

richard99 09-24-2008 06:26 PM

Paid for Poivy and Voipbuster, but since last few days it stopped working. I am using us.voxalot.com but still failed to use it.

chatalot 09-24-2008 07:28 PM

It is still working for me - registered on US server and using voipcheap.com with no free days and large credit.

All I did is switch to port 443 - still didn't work. Switched to eu server back on port 5060 - still didn't work. Switched back to US server on port 5060. Been working ok now for 12 hours.

Seems that some of you are still having trouble. Maybe it is just the re-registering that solved it for me or maybe it is the changing of the servers.

serendipitydawg 09-24-2008 07:29 PM

Hello all

I am using eu.voxalot.com & calls to a UK mobile via Smslisto through Voxalot get "Servise Unavailable" announcement.

A call to the same UK mobile number, a few seconds later using the Smslisto client application on my PC connect immediately

chatalot 09-24-2008 07:34 PM

I can confirm that as well as landline calls, UK mobile calls are working for me on voipcheap via Voxalot using PAP2.

flaquadrat 09-24-2008 08:12 PM

questions to mod's

hallo!

outgoing calls via eu.voxalot.com using betamax clones still not working. tested with voipcheap, intervoip, smsdiscount; ports 5060, 443, 80.

combination us.voxalot.com + betamax clones is (still) working.

outgoing calls via eu.voxalot.com using other vsp's working perfektly.
tested with webacall.com.

my questions:

1) what is the difference in the configuration between "eu" and "us".voxalot.com servers?

2) it is posible that betamax communicates different with us and eu servers?!?

many thanks and regards,
fla

serendipitydawg 09-24-2008 08:33 PM

Craig has posted in Voxalot General the following

"As much as we'd like to be able to give an easy answer, we have just as much trouble getting in contact with the BetaMax folk as normal users.

I wish I had more good news, but unfortunately, as far as I can tell, this is 100% in BetaMax's control. "

Does this mean Voxalot are actually going to do anything?

jozef 09-24-2008 09:06 PM

Hi,

I only have poivy.com and do not have any freedays left.

I did some test. I call from Voxalot to Betamax with Betamax and back to Voxalot via MSS/PBXes.

eu.voxalot.com
No connection to landline number in the Sweden with Poivy.
1. Voxalot1 to--->VoipDisc with VoipWise --->MSS --->Voxalot2 ---> OK
2. Voxalot1 to--->VoipWise with FreeCall --->MSS --->Voxalot2 ---> OK
3. Voxalot1 to--->FreeCall with Poivy --->PBXes --->Voxalot2 ---> NO
4. Voxalot1 to--->Nonoh1 with Nonoh2 --->MSS --->Voxalot2 ---> OK
5. Voxalot1 to--->Nonoh1 with VoipDisc --->MSS --->Voxalot2 ---> NO
VoipWise, FreeCall and Nonoh works fine but Poivy and VoipDiscount are blocked.

us.voxalot.com
Landline number in the Sweden with Poivy works fine.
3. Voxalot1 to--->FreeCall with Poivy --->PBXes --->Voxalot2 ---> OK
VoipWise, FreeCall, Nonoh and Poivy works fine but VoipDiscount is blocked.

au.voxalot.com
No connection to landline number in the Sweden with Poivy.
3. Voxalot1 to--->FreeCall with Poivy --->PBXes --->Voxalot2 ---> OK
VoipWise, FreeCall, Nonoh and Poivy works fine but VoipDiscount is blocked.

Regards,
Józef

Williamz 09-25-2008 09:39 AM

Betamax problem requires voxalot asterisk updates to more recent versions ?

I encounter the same problem with betamax but have been suffering with call ending problems. My voip provider said that voxalot uses an old version of asterisk that causes authentification problems with more recent versions of asterisk and voxalot need to update to at least 1.4.2

Could the problem with betamax be also linked to this authentification issue ? Could betamax have upgraded recently which cases voxalot users "sip commands" to be rejected ?

William

BJ_Abbott 09-25-2008 11:56 AM

Betamax webcalldirect - Work in Progress???

Checked WebCallDirect current settings instructions as we also cannot make calls via eu.voxalot.com. Their recommendation is for independent devices to connect via sip.webcalldirect.net and stun.webcalldirect.net. However I have a two separate units working while connected directly via sip.webcalldirect.com. Whilst the .net address resolves to IP 80.92.66.130, the stun and sip entries resolve to private IP 192.168.255.4 - strange!!

Otherwise:
webcalldirect.com IP 194.120.0.250
sip.webcalldirect.com IP 194.120.0.198 changed from 193
stun.webcalldirect.com IP 194.221.62.209 unchanged

Not sure that I understand what is going on/happening any more than all the other wise gurus already on the case. However is the above evidence of unfinished betamax change work in progress?

So, sadly, for the moment we cannot route via voxalot, until the problem is resolved. Is there an explanation for the above oddity?

voxasia 09-26-2008 07:14 AM

I'm also having this problem for the last 3 days. Call forwarding or web callback via voipdiscount (Betamax) not working. I'm currently using us.voxalot.com. Tested on both au and eu with the same problem.
However, call forwarding or web callback via other voip providers are working.
Direct call via voipdiscount (Betamax) using software and hardware sip phone working.
Hope Voxalot call fixed this problem asap. Have anyone try Pbxes to check whether call forwarding is working for Voipdiscount or any Betamax provider?
May need to find a backup solution.

juancarlos 09-26-2008 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voxasia (Post 19266)
I'm also having this problem for the last 3 days. Call forwarding or web callback via voipdiscount (Betamax) not working. I'm currently using us.voxalot.com. Tested on both au and eu with the same problem.
However, call forwarding or web callback via other voip providers are working.
Direct call via voipdiscount (Betamax) using software and hardware sip phone working.
Hope Voxalot call fixed this problem asap. Have anyone try Pbxes to check whether call forwarding is working for Voipdiscount or any Betamax provider?
May need to find a backup solution.

us.voxalot.com working ok I can use web callback, forwarding via betamax never worked for me and I have not tried in many months.... when i use the EU server i get Busy... I changed to Voxalot when Pbxes had huge problems with betamax I think for a while they solved them but i dont know recently. Both are paid services nowfor more advanced features...

majo 09-26-2008 09:25 PM

Betamax works with Pbxes but FUP exceed!!!

Hi,
I have tested Betamax with Pbxes. It works but always FUP exceed, so no use thats why i have registered my smsdiscount on my ATA and it works without problems.

Regards.

Majo

juancarlos 09-27-2008 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majo (Post 19272)
Hi,
I have tested Betamax with Pbxes. It works but always FUP exceed, so no use thats why i have registered my smsdiscount on my ATA and it works without problems.

Regards.

Majo

that better than me i got all lines busy message ..... so they have not progressed with betamax in the last 2 years..mysipswitch gives a FUP on all call.

Voxalot us server still the best option available what a shame about the EU server. keep complainig on the voipbuster forum....

strange thing is thatPbxes is blocked meaning that I hear "all lines busy message" when Betamax blocked the IP...the FUP issues comes on all servers that have not been blocked (Probably they do have not implemented what voxalot did) ....and voxalot EU server gives a busy tone which is strange

I wonder if Martin tests with a different server IP ? passing of course all user data...if this will solve the issue ?

majo 09-27-2008 08:20 AM

Hi,
I have connected my ATA to PBXes directly then it worked. When I tried Pbxes as provider at voxalot then I was getting Busy line.

Regards.

Majo

juancarlos 09-27-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majo (Post 19274)
Hi,
I have connected my ATA to PBXes directly then it worked. When I tried Pbxes as provider at voxalot then I was getting Busy line.

Regards.

Majo

Majo

Do you have a free or paid subscription at pbxes ? which server are you using over there ? I tried with my years old username (free) but i only get a all lines busy message just like when betamax banned their IP long time ago... i just do not wish to pay to find out it will not work.

Anyway I have moved to the US server but on fring I have large delay on my nokia so I have moved to mysipswitch.com and I can use Betamax...however always with a FUP on free destinations. I hope Betamax will allow the Eu server work at least with a FUP...

suusdoggen 09-28-2008 09:18 AM

I understood from the German Voxalot forum that someone has been able to make a work-around, by placing a PBX in between the Betamax Service Providers and Voxalot. Then it should be working again. I haven't tried it yet because I am quite unfamiliar the details nor can I understand/translate the exact wording from German to English.
I hope this helps.

gambrinus 09-28-2008 11:55 AM

Any official news on this issue? I administer some 15 Voxalot accounts, most of them premium. All rendered unusable because being used with Betamax clones.

Tried MySIPSwitch - altough all calls are FUP at least it seems to work. Really don't want to switch over to any other service - but what options do I have?

Also the last two EU server outages were IMHO much too long and have been handled very unprofessional (Voxalot status page saying "All O.K.", no proactive measures taken, ...) - for a paid service.

I'm getting a little bit hacked off...

Ponozka 09-28-2008 01:24 PM

@suusdoggen

ok, here the same in englisch:

1) Get an account from pbxes

2) Switch to english language: SETUP > Personal Data: Language:

3) Create an extension: SETUP > Extensions > Add Extension > SIP:
Extension Number: 1
Display Name: any name
password: your password

press Submit
and then the red buttom on top "You have made changes - when finished, click here to APPLY them"

4) Create an trunk: SETUP > Trunks > Add Trunk > Add SIP Trunk:
Trunk Name: BetamaxAccount
username: your Betamax user name
password: your Betamax password
SIP server: the betamax sip server
register: no

press Submit Canges
and then the red buttom on top "You have made changes - when finished, click here to APPLY them"

5) Create an outbound Routing: SETUP > Outbound Routing > Add Route:
Route Name: 4Betamax
Trunk Sequence: select your created trunk
Valid for all numbers: yes

press Submit Canges

6) In your VoXaLot-Account add an new Voice Service Provider:
Voice Service Provider: PBXes4Betamax
Username: your_PBXes_Account_Name-1 (e.g. test-1>
Password: your password created in 3)
Codecs*: ONLY: g726;ilbc;gsm;ulaw;alaw
Host: www1.pbxes.com
Port: 5060
Active: Yes
SIP Register: Yes !!!

7) Change in all Dial Planes the betamax provider to the new pbxes extension (provider).

juancarlos 09-29-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponozka (Post 19292)
@suusdoggen

ok, here the same in englisch:

1) Get an account from pbxes

2) Switch to english language: SETUP > Personal Data: Language:

3) Create an extension: SETUP > Extensions > Add Extension > SIP:
Extension Number: 1
Display Name: any name
password: your password

press Submit

4) Create an trunk: SETUP > Trunks > Add Trunk > Add SIP Trunk:
Trunk Name: BetamaxAccount
username: your Betamax user name
password: your Betamax password
SIP server: the betamax sip server
register: no

press Submit Canges

5) Create an outbound Routing: SETUP > Outbound Routing > Add Route:
Route Name: 4Betamax
Trunk Sequence: select your created trunk
Valid for all numbers: yes

press Submit Canges

7) Change in all Dial Planes the betamax provider to the new pbxes extension (provider).

i never liked too much pbxes...i think voxalot has a far greater and better customer service or forum..but i have solved my problems with a
AVM Fritz!box FON 7270..not cheap but I will be calling from my own IP, meaning no more unfair FUPs or blocks

from FRITZ!Box by AVM

"Plug-in and talk" FRITZ!Box combines all fixed-line and Internet telephony (VoIP)
"No PC required" Use VoIP and fix telephony without turning on the computer
"No headset required" FRITZ!Box works with all existing telephones (analoge & ISDN) equipment
Up to 3 connections for wired and wireless phones, fax and answering machines
"Click to dial" Full computer telephony integration (CTI) with CAPI-driver and Outlook plug-in
Detailed Reporting of all in- and outbound calls including a telephone book function
Call forwarding, call through, night settings and all conferencing features
Dialing rules for certain numbers or range of numbers (e.g. country codes)
Call diversion to other phones e.g. cell phones
Call blocking for unwanted callers
Night service to avoid ringing
Alarm for wake-up calls
Set up to 10 different SIP-based VoIP accounts
Advanced bandwidth management for high quality voice connections
Automatic fall-back to fixedline if VoIP telephony is not available

martin 09-29-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gambrinus (Post 19290)
Any official news on this issue? I administer some 15 Voxalot accounts, most of them premium. All rendered unusable because being used with Betamax clones.

Tried MySIPSwitch - altough all calls are FUP at least it seems to work. Really don't want to switch over to any other service - but what options do I have?

Also the last two EU server outages were IMHO much too long and have been handled very unprofessional (Voxalot status page saying "All O.K.", no proactive measures taken, ...) - for a paid service.

I'm getting a little bit hacked off...

We have had no official word from Betamax explaining what has changed on their end. The error message we are seeing on the EU server is:

Code:

Got SIP response 503 "For wholesale traffic, check http://www.voicetrading.com" back from 194.120.0.198
We acknowledge that the last two EU server outages could have been handled better and are currently looking at ways to automate the status page and report system outages in a more timely way.

We appreciate the feedback and will endeavor to improve our processes.

suusdoggen 09-29-2008 12:18 PM

@ Ponozka
Thanx Max.

ataboy 09-29-2008 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponozka (Post 19292)
@suusdoggen

(Snipped)

I have a number of provider entries for the same Betamax account, each with different "From user" details, corresponding to the verified DIDs that I have. With this setup, is it possible to do the same?

eliafino 09-29-2008 12:30 PM

For PBXes isn't possible insert number verified, and all calls are FUP...

p.s. Now, via PBXes no FUP with Poivy ;-)

Ponozka 09-29-2008 02:32 PM

@ataboy

Quote:

Originally Posted by ataboy (Post 19302)
I have a number of provider entries for the same Betamax account, each with different "From user" details, corresponding to the verified DIDs that I have. With this setup, is it possible to do the same?

Yes, in SIP Trunk:
username: leave this field blank
password: your_betamax_password:your_betamax_username (e.g. president:jimmycarter)
Outbound Caller ID: Setting this option will override all clients' caller IDs for calls placed out this trunk; Format: 00####### (only verified ID)